• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man this is just annoying, i don‘t even care if it releases late 2019 or if it is a remake/reboot/sequel to kanto or gen 8, it‘s just killing me that they don‘t share a damn single shit already and all those leakers and youtubers are using this situation well.
Well i really hope next week will end this farce.

Lol, no.
are you seriously thinking game freak can release 4 games in a row with 2 of them on the swtich?
I think he’s alluding to the type of game we’ll be getting depending on the year it releases

there's 2 options:
2018- kanto
2019- nothing
2020-gen 8

second option:
2018-nothing
2019- gen 8
2020- DP remakes

tbh i hope we get nothing this year and get gen 8 next year, new gen is far more hype.

This is the most sensible schedule for GameFreak imo:

2018: Generation 8.
A new set of Pokemon, and a new region with new features to start the Switch with a bang.

2019: Break
Some much-needed time for their future projects. They could patch in a Mythical or two using DLC in this period.

2020: Sinnoh Remakes
I just have a feeling they'll be here first.

2021: Kanto games
Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the franchise with Kanto. The 2021 release gives people a break from Kanto for a while and develop thirst for it.

This is the most sensible schedule for GameFreak imo:

2018: Generation 8.
A new set of Pokemon, and a new region with new features to start the Switch with a bang.

2019: Break
Some much-needed time for their future projects. They could patch in a Mythical or two using DLC in this period.

2020: Sinnoh Remakes
I just have a feeling they'll be here first.

2021: Kanto games
Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the franchise with Kanto. The 2021 release gives people a break from Kanto for a while and develop thirst for it.

This would also fit the release timeline of the last decade with 3 games in a row and 1 year break:

Attachments

• 6B5259E1-9733-4857-82CC-4A2C5922E077.jpeg
    6B5259E1-9733-4857-82CC-4A2C5922E077.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 90
Releasing two sets of nostalgia-driven games consecutively isn't all that sensible.

But the games cater to two different groups of nostalgia. The people who played RBY as their first games and the newer generation who had DPPt as their first games.

I doubt 2 consecutive nostalgia driven games are a huge issue.

But the games cater to two different groups of nostalgia. The people who played RBY as their first games and the newer generation who had DPPt as their first games.

I doubt 2 consecutive nostalgia driven games are a huge issue.
That isn't how remakes/sequels are supposed to work; they're meant to appeal to as many people as possible. Even if someone doesn't like the region in question, the new features may convince them to buy the game, but then Game Freak would have to go out of their way to leave features for Kanto (after omitting them from the new region and Sinnoh).

In contrast, releasing the Kanto games first would likely mean a different engine to be used later. The new generation would make the Kanto-Sinnoh comparison a lot less relevant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom