• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but that doesn't mean that they aren't related to weather
But you're saying that this tweet of weather is supposed to indicate Plus and Minus are real-that requires a stronger connection than just "you can make this connection". Why can't this be confirmed Pokemon 0 and Pokemon 1, for example? Temperatures are recorded in numeric values.

We all know that's not going to happen for a long time, if ever because of two reasons, Pikachu and primarily MARKETING!
Were it not for that simple reason and Pikachu being the Mascot, I imagine they would've replaced Ash already, probably following a similar method as Yu-Gi-Oh! where they bring in a new Protagonist every series, and needless to say we all know Pokémon could easily have done the same.
But ya know, gotta keep Pikachu around somehow, and Ash is their best way of doing that.

…Well fu-Nothing we can do but wait and see!
No, they could still make a new protagonist, and they could give that protagonist a Pikachu as well. Not that hard to think about.

Interesting. This is from Emily Rogers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180511-225022.png
    Screenshot_20180511-225022.png
    235 KB · Views: 133
No, they could still make a new protagonist, and they could give that protagonist a Pikachu as well. Not that hard to think about.

Ash is MUCH more marketable as this stage than any new protagonist would ever be.
He's just as important as Pikachu now for Pokemon. And Nintendo knows it- they copy-righted Ash's Original hat’s symbol.

I don’t think Ash is being replaced anytime soon.

Something is coming soon. Main line or spin off. Also have to consider the fact that the August to September period of merch is unknown (If there was an update, someone say so I can update this)

Something is coming soon. Main line or spin off. Also have to consider the fact that the August to September period of merch is unknown (If there was an update, someone say so I can update this)
Then what about the period after? Or is that still too far away?

With all the reboot rumours, a changed Kanto rumours, a new Generation yet Kanto rumours, and GameFreak's trend of starting a console with a new Generation/Region, I think anything can happen and we cannot say anything for certain till we get the titles, atleast.

It’s Joe's personal opinion that it’s too 'early' for Generation 8, and I doubt his personal opinion influences GameFreak's plans. Generation 7 has the same amount of releases as Geerations 5 and 6 so it’s a moot argument imo. Not to mention he was wrong on the Alolan Starters, and June 2017 direct prediction.

The Kanto clips, and project Eevee on twitter make me think of a Yellow sequel AND IF THAT HAPPENS LET ME EVOLVE MY DAMN PIKACHU. It'll be a nice idea to give a choice between Eevee and Pikachu as a starter in that case.

I'd prefer a Generation 8 release, but it’s getting unlikely, since there is no new Pokemon in the movie, and they've been promoting Kanto a lot lately.

My personal theory is that we might visit Kanto in an alternate universe and is a lot more developed with some Ultra wormholes. And one of those wormholes might let us travel to the Kanto we know from before.
A Kanto in Ultra Space will be different enough, can introduce new species and regional variants (what if 'Ultra shinies' refers to Ultra Space variants of Pokemon in the new games?).

Just curious what credibility does Emily have in terms of game releases/ leaks. I’ve mainly seen her mentioned in the resetera thread with joe.
she said back in 2017 that in 2018 will see mainly ports and smash which end up being true.

Just curious what credibility does Emily have in terms of game releases/ leaks. I’ve mainly seen her mentioned in the resetera thread with joe.
She's definitively reliable. She leaked stuff about the switch in 2016 but nobody believed her back then. Everything she said was correct. In february, 20 days before the direct, she said that a smash game would have been released later this year.
About Joe, in these last days he's taken a solid position on the games: 2018 but no gen 8. I don't know if he actually knows something but he's become quite annoying with his statements making people believe that he does.

She's definitively reliable. She leaked stuff about the switch in 2016 but nobody believed her back then. Everything she said was correct. In february, 20 days before the direct, she said that a smash game would have been released later this year.
About Joe, in these last days he's taken a solid position on the games: 2018 but no gen 8. I don't if he actually knows something but he's become quite annoying with his statements making people believe that he does.

Oh shes that emily, yeah in that case it def looks like we are going back to Kanto in that case. I didnt know she was the same one in resetera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom