• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he's telling everyone to buy a Switch because he wants the install base to be a big as possible before the game launches. I believe the Switch currently has the smallest install base a new pokemon game would launch on (GBA may have had a smaller base when R&S launched, i'm not entirely sure). Pokemon has always been a system seller but it's always benefitted from a big install base as well.

Plus, he has to be vague or the ninjas at nintendo will have a dart in the poor man's neck.

Im sure Masuda does want people to buy a Switch considering there will be a game on it. I guess we'll see if it will be out this year but tbh I really hope it isnt because I think they could use some more time to really make it the best they can, but at the same time Im also pretty curious to see what they're working on for it.

When the 3ds first came here it was $250, switch is just a tiny bit higher but is cheaper than what the next gen other consoles were at launch, so now is a good time to buy if you haven't already.

When the 3ds first came here it was $250, switch is just a tiny bit higher but is cheaper than what the next gen other consoles were at launch, so now is a good time to buy if you haven't already.
There's only one game currently that I would maybe want on Switch and that's BOTW... so Pokemon really has to sell it for me before I'll consider going out to buy one. =/

Which Masuda just telling me to get one isn't very convincing- how about an announcement first, Pokemon? I ain't getting ready to buy you until you give me a good reason. >=/

There's only one game currently that I would maybe want on Switch and that's BOTW... so Pokemon really has to sell it for me before I'll consider going out to buy one. =/

Which Masuda just telling me to get one isn't very convincing- how about an announcement first, Pokemon? I ain't getting ready to buy you until you give me a good reason. >=/

There's a lot of good games tbh, theres many I would say would be better than pokemon in general. But its all preference at the end of the day. For me I've found many good JRPG games that have kept me more satisfied than pokemon has just because Pokemon plays it too safe and its targeted at children. Since Mario, Zelda, Xenoblade and the like have released more adult versions of their previous games in terms of references and humour, I'm hoping Pokemon follows that trend.

CoroCoro teases "The legendary Pokémon Zeraora's Super Move will be revealed!! Appearing in this summer's Pokémon movie as well, the legendary Pokémon Zeraora has many more secrets to be revealed! Changing electric energy into power, it unleashes it's excellent moves!!!"
DdAcq0CVMAIq9_p.jpg

If Zeraora is getting a z-move in the movie and it'll be revealed next month, that's probably what the last M21 clearcard artwork is being concealed for

interesting

I don't think ignorance is quite the word for it, yeah. Not sure what the word is, but there is a certain close-mindedness with asserting that everything from a generation after your preferred generation sucks- like I'll gladly say that most of the designs post-Gen 2 aren't my cup of tea, and that I hate most of Gen 5, but damn... I won't call a Sawsbuck ugly.

And saying that the generations suck and are the worst based on just the designs, too, is kinda ignorant because there are major gameplay factors that made those later regions better than the first ones- like Gen 5 supposedly had a great plot compared to previous regions, from what I've heard. Still... won't... play it... because of the pokemon... but... hey, I heard there was great plot stuff, so kudos to Gen 5 for impressing other people with that. =D

I mostly reply to this as someone on the borderline who has hardcore hated Gen 5 and isn't really crazy about Gens 3 and 4, but have to admit that they are technically an improvement over Gens 1 and 2, even if the pokemon they introduced, in general, really failed to appeal to me. So I think the problem is moreso people who take a strong stance against everything after Gen 1 or 2 without taking into consideration that there are some good designs, and a lot of major graphics and gameplay improvements, that technically make those generations better? It's fair to prefer one generation's designs, but the gameplay elements have definitely improved and surely you can't hate absolutely every design from later generations?
If you want you can still play B2W2 as it included past pokemon :)

By the way, does anyone know what was the 3DS install base when X and Y came out?

If Zeraora is getting a z-move in the movie and it'll be revealed next month, that's probably what the last M21 clearcard artwork is being concealed for

interesting
And more importantly, unless gamefreak decides to add the Z crystal to USUM, this means Z Moves are here to stay.

maybe it will be just a movie thing

where is the video or source of masuda answering/avoiding the questions? anyone got a link?

By the way, does anyone know what was the 3DS install base when X and Y came out?
Roughly 35 million. The Switch might make it to about 27 million by November (this is its second year, compared to the 3DS' third year).

dvor said:
maybe it will be just a movie thing
I doubt it. Promoting a "super" move will make kids want to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom