• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gen 7 was the most unorganized gen borderline worst gen of all

Just bring back gyms next gen and I would be happy... They could have bring back gyms on USUM but no they didn't

Wouldn't it be a riot if they make the pokemon switch ALOLA based with gyms LOL!!!

But seriously Ohmori tried to make something different with trials but fails with the execution hopefully they make aa gym comeback with a different twists

Gen 7 with trial captains did one thing right that gym leaders didn’t do in 20 years, we got to see them more than once and they had a purpose after being defeated. It wasn’t just going to a city, smashing leader and never seeing them again. We got to see their character and development and their growth from other characters as well as unique after story quests for each. Why couldn’t gym leaders do that ages ago lol

I wish that they do that level of development with gym leaders in future games rather than being a human punching bag and being fairly forgettable.

Gen 7 with trial captains did one thing right that gym leaders didn’t do in 20 years, we got to see them more than once and they had a purpose after being defeated. It wasn’t just going to a city, smashing leader and never seeing them again. We got to see their character and development and their growth from other characters as well as unique after story quests for each. Why couldn’t gym leaders do that ages ago lol

I wish that they do that level of development with gym leaders in future games rather than being a human punching bag and being fairly forgettable.
Black and White

Uh....Gen 5 says hello and goodbye

The event that I went to was basically just about Japanese fans gushing about how much they appreciated this gen . Some loved it so much that they even sent gamefreak letters boasting about how much they liked aspects of the games and the characters and mons were far more impactful than their predecessors from the last two gens if sales data is anything to go by.
Best believe they're going to double down on everything come the next game.

Yeah your DEFINITELY joking and no NOT true.....also how the hell does winning a reward mean anything in that lol

Its taking that to the next level at least with something added. I think modern gym leaders like gen 5 did this fairly well, but I would have liked to seen it taken further. I know pokemon in general in terms of story and development has always been poor compared to the average JRPG game, I would just like to see gym leaders having a higher role in the story.

The event that I went to was basically just about Japanese fans gushing about how much they appreciated this gen . Some loved it so much that they even sent gamefreak letters boasting about how much they liked aspects of the games and the characters and mons were far more impactful than their predecessors from the last two gens if sales data is anything to go by.
I pray to Arceus there's going to be a skip cutscene feature...

So guys about those rumors.
Yeah your DEFINITELY joking and no NOT true.....also how the hell does winning a reward mean anything in that lol
It shows a games impact ofc.
Famistu is pretty picky about giving out their awards since XY didn't get one IIRC and neither did the BW games.
Platinum got only one. SM won like seven normal ones, GOTY, plus two western awards.
Pretty sure GF was hit in their sweet spots after that acclaim

So guys about those rumors.

It shows a games impact ofc.
Famistu is pretty picky about giving out their awards since XY didn't get one IIRC and neither did the BW games.
Platinum got only one. SM won like seven normal ones, GOTY, plus two western awards.
Pretty sure GF was hit in their sweet spots after that acclaim
Not really...but I'm gonna not go further since its someones opinion not facts since many disagree...

Last edited:
Not really...but I'm gonna not go further since its someones opinion not facts since many disagree...

Just as many agreed as they disagreed with Gen 7. All of the generations have had their ups and downs. There’s no facts on what the best generation is outside of nothing coming remotely close to outselling the gen 1 GB titles..

It’s ok like or dislike a generation after all it’s only your opinion that truly matters in the end as a consumer.

Last edited:
It's pretty simple really.
Because we as a fandom are always divided, there isn't really general concord.
GF gets their feedback from
A- Japanese fans ( because they matter just a bit more)
B- Reviewers
On those fronts they were a smash hit and the awards were the icing on the cake.
When something works for GF they drill it into your head.
> Pikachu was a hit = So we got a new pikaclone every gen
> Blaziken was tops in Japan = We got two more starters with its typing.

Then there is nothing I or any of us can say. I only have one question: Is it your intent to make people leave the fandom, because that is what it sounds like.

was basically just about Japanese fans gushing about how much they appreciated this gen.
Some loved it so much that they even sent gamefreak letters boasting about how much they liked aspects of the games and the characters and mons.

Pokémon Ultra-er Sun and Ultra-er Moon confirmed.

Seriously though, imagine if they do this. Alola but with Gyms and Alola Forms. Would probably cause a greater storm than Kanto remakes.

This makes me worried for how the games will handle tutorials. I think it makes a lot of sense to simply say no to an explanation from an NPC, it's what I'm hoping they would implement as an option.
Same that's one of my big gripes in S/M/US/UM as I'm DEFINITELY sure many did as well. I like and enjoy the characters but if its too handholding please put a skip option to move it along...Plus I didn't like that I had a guide navigation option it never was a problem in the past games hope that's gone or at least removable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom