• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming the leak is real...

The good
-It will be released in 2018.
-The popularity of the leak means that it could be revelated this week or the next.
-Meania is now fake, which means now we don't know 30% of the game before its reveal.
-Using Pikachu and Eevee is a very logical solution to the "Which Pokemon should be in the cover" problem.
-Using an old region gives them time to know the new software better and make good features.
-The game has to offer more species than Go so its price is worth it, Go has around 370 creatures at the moment.
-Rotom Dex will be gone. This will happen anyway but it's still something good.

The bad
-The titles feel very childish and spin-off-like.
-Relying too much in Pokemon Go feels like when a sitcom makes a joke with a meme from many months ago, it feels too late and too preachy. I'm not sure if "It's the premium version of a 2-years old fad" can really sound convincing.
-An old region means that many uninteresting and boring places will be the same. Of course, they might do some remodelations, but given that RS to Emerald featured more region changes than SM to USUM and RS to ORAS combined I don't have much hope.

Neutral
-Will it have new Pokemon? How many?
-Will the accessory be worth it? Will bring the price even higher?
-Will the story have actual changes? Or it will be an hyperbole of misleading like USUM?
-I'll take the new capture methods as long as the chances of capturing something remain the same or become lower. If they become a waste of Pokeballs I will be furious. Introducing new Pokeballs would be a nice way of compensate the changes.

Last edited:
You saw the game I see.
Look at the context that I said this. He said HGSS doesn't count .as a Kanto revisit because it's not the first gen , which makes no sense.

Well whatever... discussing here won't turn the leak true or fake. I'll just wait and hope to get a proper new gen with new Pokemon to discover and a new region to explore.

I am a bit curious since "we" and the rival are the new characters with Red and Blue being sidelines does that mean that Blue's taken over for his grandfather as the Pokemon Professor or would he be an assistant? And how much as Kanto changed (assuming we ARE even in Kanto) during the past 10 years.
I'm assuming it'll be a follow-up in Kanto itself than a simple full out remake like after the Events of Gen 7 Red and Blue go back to Kanto after the Battle Tree stuff and guide the new trainers (you and your rival) on their journey (Blue probably isn't the Professor and its still Prof. Oak) maybe Team Rainbow Rocket returns back as antagonists to their home region again and we might see some cameos ie Lillie in the S/M storyline she goes to Kanto to be a trainer and for story spoilers and could be a cameo boss fight lots of things they can do.

Last edited:
@Lillie Blossoms; I'm personally hoping for absolutely no involvement from Rainbow Rocket at all. Let it be a brand new set of antagonists please and thank you. Mentor Red and Blue do have a nice ring to it with perhaps Lillie being referenced to or even appearing for a brief cameo.

Whatever my feelings about Go* may be, I do think that the titles and the notion of using Pikachu (again) and Eevee as the mascots is a smart move. It refreshingly breaks up the beyond-sterile formula of “here’s two big Legendaries and a duality paradigm naming scheme,” and let’s face it, Pikachu and Eevee are as iconic as it gets.

* And that being said, my partner is a fan of Go as well as the main series games, and she seems pretty happy with the ideas in that April 1st leak. So my hesitation could very well just be a consequence of me being a grumpy old Luddite whose mobile is a burner-tier paperweight solely intended for use in emergencies.

Last edited:
I think why they probably choose these names is, because in japan first games are known as red/green and overseas red/blue, so they couldn’t decide between them.

That‘s why they probably choose yellow but as they can‘t use that name twice, they came up with different names like these.

I think the games will be sequels if red/blue appear in the story, would actually make more sense and be more fun too.
They could easily add new things to kanto.

Also i think if this all ends up true, in the anime Lillie will probably want to travel to kanto like she did in sun/moon ending and as Ash mentioned in one of last episodes of xyz, that he wanted to start again in kanto, they would probably travel together through kanto with a possible third new character from kanto.

Last edited:
Look at the context that I said this. He said HGSS doesn't count .as a Kanto revisit because it's not the first gen , which makes no sense.

Well whatever... discussing here won't turn the leak true or fake. I'll just wait and hope to get a proper new gen with new Pokemon to discover and a new region to explore.

But he was right. That was very empty Kanto in HGSS. Zero subquests, zero plot. That is not the same as Kanto-focused game. Especially, when we don't know anything about games.

Boy, do the pages of this thread multiply fast when there's a rumour that might actually be correct. Anyway, I'm totally excited for this even if the whole GO thing isn't really my cup of tea. I just hope they can insert some new Pokemon in there (at least a new eeveelution). If Pikachu and Eevee can't evolve......man that will be a misfire on their part.

But he was right. That was very empty Kanto in HGSS. Zero subquests, zero plot. That is not the same as Kanto-focused game. Especially, when we don't know anything about games.
Doesn't matter that Kanto was empty in HGSS, the fact that its Pokemon got the most attention with the 3DS generations and of it being the most mentioned region in Gen 7 alone makes a lot of us who want them to just move on from Kanto very disgusted at the fact that they are still not leaving it alone. You can't blame us for wanting something unrelated to Kanto at this point.

Boy, do the pages of this thread multiply fast when there's a rumour that might actually be correct. Anyway, I'm totally excited for this even if the whole GO thing isn't really my cup of tea. I just hope they can insert some new Pokemon in there (at least a new eeveelution). If Pikachu and Eevee can't evolve......man that will be a misfire on their part.
Even if they can, I can imagine the issues with that... especially for parents buying the games blindly for their children, just for one child to find that they have eight options to evolve their starter into while the other child only has one.

All I can say about "Let's Go! Pikachu!" and "Let's Go! Eevee!", if those are in fact the titles of the games...

Ahahahahaha! Ahahahahaha!

Wait a minute, I'm not done yet...

AHAHAHAHA. AHAHAHA. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

OMG, could this be the worst name for a pair of Pokémon games...EVAR?

I mean, really? "Let's Go" Pikachu and Eevee???

WHAT. THE. F.

If it was a little bit lazy to add the word "Ultra" on to Pokémon Sun & Moon and then market those games as third versions, I think GameFreak may have officially hit a new low here.

"Hey Mom, I want Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu for Christmas this year!"

If Pikachu or Eevee can't evolve ala Ash/Pokemon Yellow style I wonder if there'll be cute Accessories for them to wear that would be so adorable maybe gender dependant on the 2 starters just like our trainers.

All I can say about "Let's Go! Pikachu!" and "Let's Go! Eevee!", if those are in fact the titles of the games...

Ahahahahaha! Ahahahahaha!

Wait a minute, I'm not done yet...

AHAHAHAHA. AHAHAHA. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

OMG, could this be the worst name for a pair of Pokémon games...EVAR?

I mean, really? "Let's Go" Pikachu and Eevee???

WHAT. THE. F.

If it was a little bit lazy to add the word "Ultra" on to Pokémon Sun & Moon and then market those games as third versions, I think GameFreak may have officially hit a new low here.

"Hey Mom, I want Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu for Christmas this year!"
Fans will probably just call them pokemon pikachu and pokemon evee or something in that direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom