• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the titular Pokemon not even being able to battle. If you don't like them, the PC exists for a reason and the Kanto starters are bound to be available.

Does Bank not have an account system? =/ It should be able to connect to the same server regardless of what device you login to... unless there's no login, because I've never used Bank but I would think they'd have a sensible account system for that sort of thing.
Bank uses the Nintendo Network ID. That information can't be shared between two different 3DS systems (it can only be transferred), but it can be shared between a 3DS and a Switch.

So no need for separate servers or a cumbersome transfer method. Bank was designed to be relevant for a long time.

Why would they change the English titles? The Japanese titles already have English in them and there's nothing fundamentally wrong with them in English- they're just juvenile.
You could say the same about "Special Pikachu Edition". Esserise might have a point, though.

"Go! Pikachu!" and "Go! Eevee!" would be barely be different, but maybe just enough.

Whew took a bit to catch up on this thread. Man what a day I went to sleep this mourning not expecting any more rumors but here we go. And this one is looking somewhat credible and matches up with other rumors and leaks.

As far as the Go connection is concerned I have my concerns but I'm not too worried. Go has some parts of it that are really, really good, and some parts that are really, really bad. But it makes no sense for this to be a Go clone when I could just go out and play Go for free. I hope they don't take the battle system from Go if anything that's the worst part is the dumbed down battle system. But I really have my doubts about that, the best case scenario is if I could take my Pokemon from the game and put it into Go walking around with me like I could the Pokewalker. Honestly, that's been my dream for Go from the very beginning. I still play Go from time to time when I'm out walking but it's not something I would still play if I didn't have to exercise to lower my cholesterol anyway.

Oh and I've always thought that Pikachu needed more evolutions, maybe if it's supposed to be an equivalent to Eevee as a starter they will give it more evolutions with Alolan Raichu being ret-conned as a separate evolution. Also I wonder if Eevee is a starter what evolutions can we use, just the original three or can I evolve it into any of its forms?

As for the Kanto revisit, thanks to this thread I've made my peace with that possibility so not I'm really all that disappointed if this turns out to be true. But Eevee as a starter is really the best case scenario for a Kanto revisit so I'll take what I can get.

They've done so before. Pokemon Yellow being the perfect example. In fact, they might change it into something having to do with the word Yellow. Let's Go Pikachu works for Japan, because Yellow was called "Pikachu" there.
You could say the same about "Special Pikachu Edition". Esserise might have a point, though.
Yeah, I don't think Yellow edition is comparable because we are being released globally now- Yellow was released back when the games were being made strictly for Japan and we didn't receive versions in English until years after release.

As you guys now, I am not a fan of this. The titles are uninspired and childish, integrating Pokemon Go elements is a bad idea, and I've had enough of Kanto. This also seems too small for the first home console Pokemon game.

1. "integrating Pokemon Go elements"
2. "This also seems too small for the first home console Pokemon game."
You saw the game?

@Foxwarrior
To me Kalos manages to be just as boring as Gen I Kanto.
Although Kanto feels like more of a clean slate where things and story can be added to enrich the region. While Kalos already has more things and kinda has a story but still bores me to death. I think a good story for those two regions would do wonders but I would be more interested in seeing a remade future Kanto than Kalos any day.

Again these are opinions and people tend to have different ones.

I think the whole GO interaction might be way too stretch in our imagination than what could actually become true. I'll say let's wait to see before making a storm inside a glass. I think someone mentioned this before but I could see GO as a new pokewalker type of deal, and it would make people play GO more than make GO players buy a switch but idk.

Moving on..
I have been talking to a couple of friends that played through gen I to V. They fully enjoyed the first 3 generations and played those games as kids and then explored gen IV and V a bit as teenagers but played once and never again. Both of them bought Sun or Moon due to the hype of pokémon GO. They felt it was massively underwhelming and to handholdy.
I talked about the recent rumours to them and they both went instantly onboard to a reimagined Kanto with the original 151 (+ "the cool ones from other gens" as they put it).
I think this is a market GF is trying to reach, there are a lot of old fans that have become interested in the prospect of Pokémon switch and Kanto might be a big selling point.

I'll wait and see. Im open minded and I would be lying if i said "x" thing will make me not buy these games. I think most of us that spend so much time in these forums will, somehow, eventually buy the new games regardless.
(I say this even tho i stupidly bought ultra sun and havent even finished it. I should probably learn from my mistakes eheh)

Oh and I've always thought that Pikachu needed more evolutions, maybe if it's supposed to be an equivalent to Eevee as a starter they will give it more evolutions with Alolan Raichu being ret-conned as a separate evolution.
I mean, for all intents and purposes Alolan Raichu is already a separate evolution for Pikachu. No need to retcon anything.

Yeah, I don't think Yellow edition is comparable because we are being released globally now- Yellow was released back when the games were being made strictly for Japan and we didn't receive versions in English until years after release.

True. I guess my point is, we don't really know what they'll be called in English until we see a trademark. And the fandom is just going to refer to them as whatever they want anyway lol.

Well, the logos are fake. They were made by a Spanish artist, from what I've heard.

The Eevee one was; the Pikachu one doesn't seem to have been, though it's still a drawing.

Oh and I've always thought that Pikachu needed more evolutions, maybe if it's supposed to be an equivalent to Eevee as a starter they will give it more evolutions with Alolan Raichu being ret-conned as a separate evolution. Also I wonder if Eevee is a starter what evolutions can we use, just the original three or can I evolve it into any of its forms?
I think it's too soon to retcon Alolan Raichu into a separate evolution, and its existence almost bars Pikachu from getting any more evos at the same stage as it, because having Raichu, variant Raichu, and any other split evolutions is really pretty needlessly complicated.

1. "integrating Pokemon Go elements"
2. "This also seems too small for the first home console Pokemon game."
You saw the game?
Everything it says is so small, as I say. It's set in an old region, and putting in the GO capture mechanics overcasualizes the game.

Well, the logos are fake. They were made by a Spanish artist, from what I've heard.

Ahh that was a misunderstanding, not that I blame you since this thread has moved so fast. Only the Eevee one is fake it was drawn after the initial leak came out today.

See people it was just a misunderstanding can we all stop jumping down each other's throats now?

You did kinda pull up a comment from a few pages back that was corrected by someone else shortly after it was posted. Riley hadn't said anything about the leak's legitimacy since and was just discussing his opinion on the games when you brought it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
You did kinda pull up a comment from a few pages back that was corrected by someone else shortly after it was posted. Riley hadn't said anything about the leak's legitimacy since and was just discussing his opinion on the games when you brought it up.
I was on the latest page when I saw the post tho, my bad on that

In thread closing 5.15
So there's been a lot of new leaks that have come out recently and as a result there's been an uptick in arguing back and forth in this thread, so we're locking it to let everything cool down. The thread will re-open in 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom