• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really seeing why that would be the case. Pokemon's never forced you to keep a starter in any Main game, whether it's on your team or not. If it was a side series, I could potentially see it being the case but it would seem odd, IMO, for a main game.

Not the biggest fan of Joe but the starter evolution "proof" could have easily just been fan art. Anyone can put "Confidential" on something~ Just turned out to be true so I could see why he and a lot of other people remained skeptical there. I think with the increase of "Insiders" this time around and even those possible hints from Masuda himself, people seem more inclined to believe these rumors.

Though I'm pretty much the opposite, I thought the Starters had way more credibility than I think P&E does~ XP

The proof of the starter evolutions wasn't just the credibility stamp they used in the gen 5 and 6 concept art designs that got leaked but the full design of mallow before gamefreak released her, after the mallow reveal showcase, it was hard to deny the leak. We dont have that same physical proof this time, thats what got me curious about joe. We dont get to see what has made him do a 180, we can only base this off what we are told.

I still maintain that these games are going to be a re-imagining than direct remakes. Sure they might take cues from Yellow, but it's surely not going to be a direct Switch remake of it. Also, with the new AU universe of Ash for the movies, this might all tie in. I also think that even if these games are very unlikely to be gen 8, I don't think they'll be part of gen 7 either. It could probably be a gen 7.5, or it's own timeline.

EDIT: Oh my life my phone accidentally wrote Bitch and Cassidy instead of Butch and Cassidy LMAO.

Don't you mean Cassidy and Biff?

EDIT: Oh my life my phone accidentally wrote Bitch and Cassidy instead of Butch and Cassidy LMAO.

This is great consider the whole getting Butch's name wrong in the anime lmfao.

Anywho after some time of thinking about it, regardless of the titles and if it's back to Kanto, my judgement of the game is what they are going to do to make it different.

I smell some form of trailer or direct or whatever coming soon and hopefully this time, this is it.

looks like the "evil team" of the movie gonna have houndoom and sneasel
DdTDHdQX0AUyq7A.jpg

Mod's note: Added spoiler tags on large images

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather have a revisit than a remake, but I would kill for a 3D Jesse and James, possibly Meowth too. I want Bitch and Cassidy too.

Oh God even auto correct is in on the joke xD

The staff further discussed the 24 hour lock and collectively agreed on reopening early, as this is a pretty big rumor and we don't want to shut down discussion on you guys that long.

That said, we don't want to shut discussion down at all. There's no reason for us to automatically resort to attacking each other's throats when even the slightest hint of leaks/news comes out, but that's what seems to keep happening.

Carry on, have fun, and please post wisely. Please post kindly. That's not too much to ask for.

another shiut down? c mon... its impossible how you want handle the thread first of all its logical people in long time post memes or rant comments but i believe this thread are longer more than i expected you can t pretend this place are in order and kindly because common sense of course remains but hype and speculating sense are strong some people alienating for that or some fall bad some user i m not agreed in shut threads because Subject A attack Subject B simply its impossible but anyways its my opinion

In summary: i hate changes and i m confortable here

I know I said I'd hold my thoughts until later, but since the thread is open, I'll go for it.

I've been vehemently anti-Kanto for the longest, yet surprisingly I really wouldn't be that bothered if these rumors were true and this is indeed a Yellow reboot. But I feel like the only reason for that is because I personally never played Yellow so it would still be something new to me. That said, there's one HUGE question and worry I have. If these games are in Kanto, will only Kanto Pokemon be available in the main story? Now, I feel like 99% sure that would be a "no" for the mere fact that I feel there's no way they'd give us Eevee as a starter and not give us access to all of the Eeveelutions. That said, I'm still super worried. I'd be really upset if they took us back to boring old Kanto and then gave us only access to it's boring roster of Pokemon.
Best/decent comment ever see subscribe your words take my point sir

Are the Switch and Mobile compatible? I honestly don't know, i haven't checked that. Does anyone of you know?

If its not the case, Pokemon Go will not be integrated in the Switch game, and we will only get the capture feature most likely.

Are the Switch and Mobile compatible? I honestly don't know, i haven't checked that. Does anyone of you know?

If its not the case, Pokemon Go will not be integrated in the Switch game, and we will only get the capture feature most likely.
Yes it is, switch even has a mobile app for online communication specifically

Yes it is, switch even has a mobile app for online communication specifically

Thanks. This is honestly bad. Imagine you need Pokemon Go in order too play the games. Then i can't get them, since i installed Go, played, removed because it was bad and i was bored, and i am not planning to download it again.

Don't think this will be the case, but you cannot rule out the possibility just yet.

Copying from restera as I feel it needs to be said lol

Some people are putting way too much emphasis on the whole Pokémon Go catching and act as if the whole game will simply be ported to the Switch. I am with you as I personally don't care if I have to press A or swipe to catch a Pokémon. It's not like catching Pokémon in the previous games was so special and unique that it has to be preserved till eternity.

The current method of catching pokemon is still better than GO’s brain-dead method of flicking your finger to catch something. You actually do something in the former(lowering the HP of the opposing pokemon and give it a status condition).

And personally i’d rather press a button than throwing a pokeball using the touchscreen or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom