• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current method of catching pokemon is still better than GO’s brain-dead method of flicking your finger to catch something. You actually do something in the former(lowering the HP of the opposing pokemon and give it a status condition).

And personally i’d rather press a button than throwing a pokeball using the touchscreen or something.
I suspect that if it is implemented, you would still have to battle the pokemon to get its HP down before flicking a ball at it... but I'm with you, I'd much rather press a button because the last thing I need is the frustrations of Go's gameplay in a core series game.

Dropping balls and missing the pokemon entirely, man... not the dream. Not the dream at all.

I suspect that if it is implemented, you would still have to battle the pokemon to get its HP down before flicking a ball at it... but I'm with you, I'd much rather press a button because the last thing I need is the frustrations of Go's gameplay in a core series game.

Dropping balls and missing the pokemon entirely, man... not the dream. Not the dream at all.

What about the Masterball? XD

Missed it! Byeeee

In any way, even tho I know we are just speculating and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, I think we should wait for any type of confirmation before assuming the worst. Only because the arguments will not lead anywhere.

It's fair to be on the fence on the GO implementations, I myself played GO for 3 days before deciding it was a horrible game. It specially annoyed me when people who judged me or scoffed at me when they knew i played Pokémon all of a sudden became huge GO fans and were always saying "Wow Pokémon is actually cool uh?" and I had to reply "Yeah that game is just a super dumbed down version of Pokémon, I dont really care for it."

I think there is a huge amount of potential for the Let's Go! games. But i can also see a lot of ways they can make the gameplay annoying or boring (specially if they do just remake yellow instead of make it kind of a sequel). But I'll remain hopeful for now.

I think it was on Resetera, people were discussing the possibility of Pokémon Go! having a PokéWalker like function, the idea being people can transfer Pokémon between the games and Go! but I don't really like that idea and I don't think it's something GAME FREAK will do, as how many children do they expect to have Pokémon Go!?

But by all means they could make a stand alone PokéWalker-esque app for all I care, but I literally tried Pokémon Go! for a few minutes and dropped it, I don't want to feel as though I'm missing out on something because of that, should they decide to go such a route.

So... these are now the only titles to include more than two words in them. I wonder if areas outside of Japan will have a different localisation which is a bit more in line with the previous titles.

I think it was on Resetera, people were discussing the possibility of Pokémon Go! having a PokéWalker like function, the idea being people can transfer Pokémon between the games and Go! but I don't really like that idea and I don't think it's something GAME FREAK will do, as how many children do they expect to have Pokémon Go!?

But by all means they could make a stand alone PokéWalker-esque app for all I care, but I literally tried Pokémon Go! for a few minutes and dropped it, I don't want to feel as though I'm missing out on something because of that, should they decide to go such a route.
I think the biggest issue with transferring pokemon between the games is that that pretty much destroys Go's gameplay and the whole challenge of acquiring enough candy to evolve and raise your pokemon... and the reverse, sending Go pokemon to the main games, is borderline pointless just to get a pokemon with two moves into your core game. Not sure how that would even translate, either, because Go uses combat power and the core games use levels.

Plus Go, at this rate, is several years off from having a complete pokedex, so there's only a limited number that you could transfer.

By the CSC

There is even pages for both of them:
http://pokemonletsgopikachu.com/
http://pokemonletsgoeevee.com/

It’s real.

Anyone can register a domain, though. Anyone aware of the leaks could have rushed out and put a claim on it.

Anyone can register a domain, though. Anyone aware of the leaks could have rushed out and put a claim on it.
The CSC is a professional company though.

I assume they don’t deal with trolls and the like.

It’s also the same company Nintendo/TPC use for domain registration. It’s safe to assume this is real.

I think the biggest issue with transferring pokemon between the games is that that pretty much destroys Go's gameplay and the whole challenge of acquiring enough candy to evolve and raise your pokemon... and the reverse, sending Go pokemon to the main games, is borderline pointless just to get a pokemon with two moves into your core game. Not sure how that would even translate, either, because Go uses combat power and the core games use levels.

Maybe Pokemon movesets and stats will be converted to main game standards. It's not very hard, one good algorythm and done.

Was also a bit weirded out by the names at first, but I'll be over the moon if Eevee is actually an optional starter. I want Jolteon for my starter, so bad.

I don't see the point in the "will they be able to evolve?" posts... it's a main series game, and Yellow was at the hype of pokemania, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to evolve our starters at any given point in the game. I also think we'll have the option of 5 starters - Pikachu, Eevee, Bulbasaur, Charmander & Squirtle.

I trust they will take the games in the tried and true direction, but keep us surprised along the way. That's what I've always known Pokémon to be and I don't see them watering down the formula to appeal to younger audiences since as someone mentioned above; anything with the name Pokémon in, already has a place in my wallet lol.

Was also a bit weirded out by the names at first, but I'll be over the moon if Eevee is actually an optional starter. I want Jolteon for my starter, so bad.

I don't see the point in the "will they be able to evolve?" posts... it's a main series game, and Yellow was at the hype of pokemania, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to evolve our starters at any given point in the game. I also think we'll have the option of 5 starters - Pikachu, Eevee, Bulbasaur, Charmander & Squirtle.

I trust they will take the games in the tried and true direction, but keep us surprised along the way. That's what I've always known Pokémon to be and I don't see them watering down the formula to appeal to younger audiences since as someone mentioned above; anything with the name Pokémon in, already has a place in my wallet lol.

Don't think we have the option to choose 5 starters: Nobody will choose Eevee and Pikachu if that is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom