• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But beyond that, the Joycons make it possible for you to actually simulate throwing a pokeball. If you're not going to utilize those features, there's no point in moving to the Switch.
So i guess the hundreds of switch games that don’t use the joycons for shooting/whatever shouldn’t be on the system too.

Hell, the most acclaimed game on the platform(Botw) doesn’t really make use of the system’s features either.

So i guess the hundred of switch games that don’t use the joycons for shooting/whatever shouldn’t be on the system too.

Hell, the most acclaimed game on the platform(Botw) doesn’t really make use of the system’s features either.

That was developed for the WiiU though. Actually most of Switch's games were lol. And the Wiimote was kind of garbage for most games to begin with.

If you're going to make the move from handheld to console, there needs to be a reason for it. Utilizing the Joycons, and the other things Switch has to offer, just make sense.

MOAR Kanto. MOAR, MOAR, MOAR.

I'm not excited about these games for obvious reasons, but I would enjoy them if they played up the cuteness, had a rival with cute Pokemon (not unlike Lusamine's team in SM), added boosts to Eevee and Pikachu to make them still viable at the end of the story (I know about the Light Ball and Z-Crystals. Your butt will still be plastered across the floor against stage 3 Pogeys and Pseudolegends.), added novelties like the Eeveelution Mimikyu forms that just had plushies released, and other types of things that made the games feel special and fun, and not just a bog standard slog through the same old Kanto. Maybe add some brand new Pokemon, but definitely add some Pokemon from the other gens.

I don't trust them to do that, though, I'm afraid. I don't trust them to shuffle things around and make this a fresh and fun experience. I expect them to basically copy/paste Yellow, tell us about "tradition" and "staying true to the originals", and call it a day.

I don't care about the games being "casualized". I don't think an easier experience is automatically a bad one. I'd like to see bosses have more than three Pokemon again, but I do not care about seeing type advantages or having EXP. Share. Those additions are fine, as far as I'm concerned. I do, however, agree that these games are going to tank if they don't put their whole heart into making them interesting and compelling to play through. They can't just put little features here and there and expect people to spring for these games, especially since the originals were recently released on 3DS Virtual Console. These games are going to have to be extremely different in order to justify the purchase.

I want to see what these games are going to offer because I don't want to write them off so soon, but let me tell you, I'm not holding my breath.

I don‘t think Joe has any big info about go implementation, he is just expressing the same concerns as people do here. But really i don‘t think there is anything to be scared of. It‘s gonna be a CORE RPG POKEMON GAME and does really anybody think they will change the battle system just because for go players. I mean come on even go players would get bored with that kind of a battle system in an 30-40 hrs RPG. So nothing to fear there really.

You know that feeling when something is near and the wait is getting even harder
C38E58E2-E282-4A06-99C9-B1764F3F204A.jpeg

I don’t get where the “they seem more like spin-offs” thing is coming from. Just because of a radical change to the capturing system? After 20 years of the exact same thing, and with an impending shift onto a home console for the first time, it hardly seems surprising to me that they would want to explore some kind of fundamental shake-up for the gameplay, especially if they think it might be more streamlined and accessible (they’ve been all over that for three generations now). But since the overall premise will almost certainly still be “player collects Pokémon and trains them as they travel throughout a region while taking down periodic challenges” that sounds uhh... pretty firmly like the core Pokémon RPG experience.

As for the titles, I actually think they sound nice. They’re refreshingly different and show that the series is still doing something new. “Let’s Go” doesn’t really sound that childish to me, or at least not in the condescending way that people are suggesting. They have a youthful optimism and imply an eagerness for adventure, but those things are literally the nucleotides that make up this franchise’s DNA, and it’s not as if they’ve ever tried to hide that fact. The series itself runs on saccharine ideas like the Power of Friendship. The notion that (any meaningful number of) people might not buy the games solely because the titles seem “childish” is pretty hilariously overblown. Pokémon doesn’t have that serious of a reputation to begin with. There is already a dominant public perception that these games are mainly for kids.

As long as these are set after SM/USUM, feature Johto as well and give us loads of references to old characters, new areas and in general capture the magic of both regions it can have as many Go related things as it wants. But yeah, give me Johto as well. I need me some ruins of alph.

Here's my wishlist since it seems we really are going back to Kanto:
  1. New Pokémon and/or Regional variants; having the same stuff and KAnto is going to turn a lot of people off since it's a Switch debut game.
  2. Either Sevii Isles, Johto region, or both for post-game areas.
  3. Don't be a straight-up remake limited to the original 150 Pokémon. This is perhaps the most important thing for me and many other players, especially since it's Pokémon's debut on the Switch.
  4. Give us a side-feature similar to Contests, Pokéathlon, or PokéStar Studios.Game Freak has really been lacking in the non-aesthetic side features as of late, and the mobile audience is no excuse for this.
  5. Give us a battle facility of some sort, but not just a regular battle tower.
I really hope Game Freak at least listens to one of these. If they need to stall for the Switch, then a low-effort Kanto remake is a detriment given USUM's reception and this being the first core Pokémon game on the Switch.

That was developed for the WiiU though. Actually most of Switch's games were lol. And the Wiimote was kind of garbage for most games to begin with.

If you're going to make the move from handheld to console, there needs to be a reason for it. Utilizing the Joycons, and the other things Switch has to offer, just make sense.
Botw was just one example in a sea of switch games that don’t use the features. The recent kirby game and Xeno 2 are other examples(and they weren’t developed for the wii u either).

Maybe it makes sense to you, but they’re not obligated to use it.

Botw was just one example in a sea of switch games that don’t use the features. The recent kirby game and Xeno 2 are other examples(and they weren’t developed for the wii u either).

They don’t need a gimmicky mechanic to justify their switch(pun unintended) to the switch.

i can't remember who said it before me but like him i don't think catching pokemon without fighting is gonna happen ever. Cuz Pokemon is all about battles and fighting with wild pokemon is one of the best way to train your weak pokemon. And don't forget that you need to weaken the pokemon and it's better if you paralyz/burn/freeze/put sleep. So in my opinon you're gonna thorw the pokeball like in GO. Not more. Just throwing ball. don't worry it's a pokemon game that you're a FAN.

Last edited:
Here's my wishlist since it seems we really are going back to Kanto:
  1. New Pokémon and/or Regional variants; having the same stuff and KAnto is going to turn a lot of people off since it's a Switch debut game.
  2. Either Sevii Isles, Johto region, or both for post-game areas.
  3. Don't be a straight-up remake limited to the original 150 Pokémon. This is perhaps the most important thing for me and many other players, especially since it's Pokémon's debut on the Switch.
  4. Give us a side-feature similar to Contests, Pokéathlon, or PokéStar Studios.Game Freak has really been lacking in the non-aesthetic side features as of late, and the mobile audience is no excuse for this.
  5. Give us a battle facility of some sort, but not just a regular battle tower.
I really hope Game Freak at least listens to one of these. If they need to stall for the Switch, then a low-effort Kanto remake is a detriment given USUM's reception and this being the first core Pokémon game on the Switch.
Exactly my wishlist, all i would want to add is the pokemon league being a tournement. Just way more exciting and fun, i love tournaments. Or this should at least be added as postgame content. But pokemon league tournament would be awesome, not knowing who will challenge you, trainers you battled up to that point, could reappear giving some weight to them and it would become more diversive then challenging the league again and the winner of the tournent gets to battle the champ.

That's my wishlist:
1.at least 10 new mons, i know it's not a new gen, but it's the first main pokemon game on console. so it's still should have new mons and forms.
2.please don't be a copy paste of the original kanto map, add more areas like BW2.
3.i want pokemon to follow me, it's seems very likely which is good.
4.a bit more story than the original, maybe some more RR stuff.
5.post game about mew. like rayquaza got in ORAS.
6.riolu/lucario better be on the dex.

everything else is a bonus.

Dear Game Freak,

My LGP/LGE Wishlist:

- Funfest Missions

Best wishes,
Esserise the Funfest Fetishist

(P.S. Also having actual dungeons would be nice)

Last edited:
I legitimately don't understand why people are up in arms about potential changes to pokemon captures

as it is right now, we just press a button. That's it. Is it really worse if they change it to something like using the touch screen to throw balls or something like that? It would make catching pokemon more interactive and less braindead imo

i can't remember who said it before me but like him i don't think catching pokemon without fighting is gonna happen ever. Cuz Pokemon all about battles and fighting with wild pokemon is one of the best way train your weak pokemon. And don't forget you need to weaken the pokemon and it's better if you paralyz/burn/freeze/put sleep. So in my opinon you're gonna thorw the pokeball like in GO. Not more. Just throwing ball. don't worry it's a pokemon game that you're a FAN.
They can keep that, but I don't consider that fun and it really ruins the "Pokemon are our friends" immersion. Granted, just throwing balls at a wild Pokemon isn't nice either, but it's less dickish.

I am fine with the proposed name and feature and also fine with the seemingly graphical style.

While i agree that the graphic is a small letdown (if the image is real and is still the state of the game graphical wise) but it better to make a bit less complicated game on a for GF new platform to first get familar with it.

we saw what happened on the 3ds when they went full 3d on a news platform and architectur. It did run terrible.

I legitimately don't understand why people are up in arms about potential changes to pokemon captures

as it is right now, we just press a button. That's it. Is it really worse if they change it to something like using the touch screen to throw balls or something like that? It would make catching pokemon more interactive and less braindead imo
humans done liek changes and those people take it to the extrem ;)
Because it’s an unnecessary change that doesn’t really add anything other than a cute gimmick.
you already own the game to be able to say this? if so show us some gameplay....
Also if you dont want any changes why not just continue to play gen 1-7.

bruh, I don't want to get cheeto dust on my screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom