• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
7524A9B2-9ABF-4815-8E36-08567B864039.jpeg
So Emily thinks a potential announcement was planned for the end of the month. Not long to go in that case :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Battle facilities other than a Tower clone (and maybe a Factory one) aren't Game Freak's cup of tea anymore.

You can't say that there won't be any non-tower clone facilities because the Battle Royal Dome exists? Granted, the format it introduces can be done with other players, but I feel like the Battle Facility rules should have been an option for PVP to begin with. Granted, we'll only get one non-tower clone facility in that case, but I think you get where I'm going with this.

The switch is infinitely more powerful than any of the handheld consoles came out on. They can easily fit both the seveii islands and Johto in the game.
They can, but there's a chance Game Freak is stuck in the philosophy that "people don't have time for challenging and long games anymore because smartphones," if the GO! integration means anything, which is to say that they might not give us any expansive areas for the post-game. That's not say that's what will happen, but still...

If this is some sort of reboot, what's to stop these Pokemon from becoming real? Or even the fact that they talked about Gorochu. What if, what if...
Yeah, it's a bit odd to mention if they aren't going to add any new Pokémon in Kanto....

Wait a minute, what if the addition of recycled Beta designs into Pokémon Let's Go! was what people were referring to when they mean that the Switch games "will blur the lines between what [we] consider a generation?" If this ends up true (which this most likely won't), then I think I can understand what Game Freak is going for here.

For those of you who don't know, there were originally planned to be 190 Pokémon in Red and Green, but GF couldn't fit all of them into the games due to limited data storage. This is why 39 of the remaining slots they planned to use were filled with Missingno. as a placeholder for all of the first generation games. What if Game Freak is trying to not only go with the nostalgia crowd, but are also trying to make up for the fact that there were quite a few 'mons that were scrapped and are trying to re-integrate them into the franchise?

You can't say that there won't be any non-tower clone facilities because the Battle Royal Dome exists? Granted, the format it introduces can be done with other players, but I feel like the Battle Facility rules should have been an option for PVP to begin with. Granted, we'll only get one non-tower clone facility in that case, but I think you get where I'm going with this.
I honestly forgot about it. It's true that USUM had three facilities in total, but they don't seem to be fan favorites.

For those of you who don't know, there were originally planned to be 190 Pokémon in Red and Green, but GF couldn't fit all of them into the games due to limited data storage. This is why 39 of the remaining slots they planned to use were filled with Missingno. as a placeholder for all of the first generation games.
Some of those were probably used for Generation II or maybe even a later generation. I find it more interesting that there were a whopping 100 designs that didn't make the cut for GS, due to lack of space.

I wonder if they'll turn this guy into Looker

Global_Police_agent.png

I've seen it speculated a few times over the years, and Looker has appeared in every game (except B2W2) since his debut.

I can see that happening for sure; it's interesting to note that Looker pursues Giovanni in the Generations anime too. If they continue where they left off with RR Giovanni escaping through a wormhole in USUM, I can easily see Looker and even Anabel playing a part in a completely redone plot. I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and produce a headcanon: when Looker is found in ORAS with no memory, he mentions that he has the feeling that there's something important that he must accomplish. Even though it was merely hinting at the caller concept of people traveling through Ultra Wormholes, he could have been chasing after RR Giovanni through Ultra Space and somehow managed to land in the universe of ORAS, losing his memory like how Anabel lost hers.

That idea came from a fake leak. USUM are set in the same “year” as SM, just in a different timeline where the Ultra Recon Squad got involved in things.

My bad, I could’ve sworn I saw it mentioned officially. In that case, the timeline would be:

Year 0: RGBY, RSE, FRLG, ORAS
Year 3: GSC, DPPt, HGSS
Year (3+x): BW
Year (5+x): B2W2, XY
Year (7+x): SMUSUM

I’m still holding out for a Kanto game set around the time as SM, but I guess since there’s a time gap between XY and ORAS, we cant guarantee that it’s not just a remake

View attachment 110098 So Emily thinks a potential announcement was planned for the end of the month. Not long to go in that case :)

I'm gonna be completely honest, but these possibly credible trademarks got me thinking otherwise. I'm most likely wrong on this, but going by how SM were revealed a day after their trademarks were leaked, I wouldn't be surprised if we got the announcement sooner than what Emily says, even by Friday this week. This is taking into consideration that the same websites that have these trademarks are the same ones that leaked the SM trademarks.

I can see that happening for sure; it's interesting to note that Looker pursues Giovanni in the Generations anime too. If they continue where they left off with RR Giovanni escaping through a wormhole in USUM, I can easily see Looker and even Anabel playing a part in a completely redone plot. I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and produce a headcanon: when Looker is found in ORAS with no memory, he mentions that he has the feeling that there's something important that he must accomplish. Even though it was merely hinting at the caller concept of people traveling through Ultra Wormholes, he could have been chasing after RR Giovanni through Ultra Space and somehow managed to land in the universe of ORAS, losing his memory like how Anabel lost hers.

Not a bad idea, although I think USUM tried to imply that the Looker in those games was the one who ended up in Hoenn. In ORAS, he washes up on the shore of the Battle Resort with only an Audinite in his pocket. Then, in USUM, when you encounter him on Route 9, he says this: “Alola is a nice place and so very peaceful. Most ideal for a vacancy. I was just in Konikoni City, where I got a most unusual stone at Ms. Olivia's shop!"

It’s unlikely that he is simply referring to one of the Thunder Stones that he gives you, because those are hardly “most unusual” and, well, he specifically says that he bought three Thunder Stones. That’s plural rather than singular and, again, the fact that he has three of them kind of squashes the idea of them being “most unusual.” Whereas a Mega Stone certainly fits that bill.

Of course, there’s no reason why that couldn’t dovetail with your idea. He’s seemingly just on vacation in USUM, so maybe the RR takeover caught Interpol’s attention (I’d be rather concerned if it didn’t; it was literally every villain known up to this point working together), and they put him on the case. If USUM were indeed trying to imply that he would somehow fall through time and space to end up in ORAS, then it’s an open question as to when he encountered a wormhole that would enable that. Investigating a criminal incident that directly involved Ultra Wormholes is probably as good of a reason as any.

That "Moose" is based on the Kirinn from the looks of it

Aren’t there like 20 different Pokémon based on that thing at this point?

This is hard for me, the first game I started with was Pokemon Yellow so it would be cool if I get Let's go Pikachu as a homage to Pokemon Yellow, at the same time there are so many evolutions that I can choose from for Eevee if I go with Let's Go Eevee so it is hard to choose which Pokemon game I should go after. I have to see the version exclusives but I assume we will get a new Evolution for Eevee and something new for Pikachu as well. Perhaps Goruchu and a flying type evolution for Eevee? since there have been many hints on Project Eevee about a flying Evolution for Eevee.

i think we all know what is the third version
h44ABB241
Very unlikely. Remember, Game Freak told us that both Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were the last Pokémon main series games that was released on the 3DS.

The 39 missingnos correspond to Pokemon in G/S. they were cut due to limitations. Best evidence of this being true is that if you trade over a missingno, it will transform into whatever Pokemon was missing from R/B when traded over to G/S.

That and Ho-Ho in the anime.
There still has to be a reason that James Turner posted that image though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom