• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your thoughts on the posted rumor? Can you say anything?
Since the Chinese Riddler said it was a reboot, rather than a remake; and that NintenDaan said it was something like a remake (meaning it's not a remake)
then it probably isn't a remake.

What would be the point?
that the word "gym" wouldnt get abused too much and that they could make varriations, that not only the type could be important.
Imagine a sandstorm themed Trial where not only rock types would be used but also other kind of pokemon like with overcoat and sandveil. And similar kind, like a Defense .

Tournaments, Crowns, Pokelimpics, Surveys, Battle Paths, not monotomic... they could say in anime and games that : what you call gyms we call "xxxx-name" but they are harder.

Trials were used also by vikings, american idians(north and south), australian natives, the name itself could stay but as a gym related battle format with pokemon league.

I’m not sure what’s supposed to be noteworthy about that Pikachu gif, considering it’s the same model they’ve used since XY.

Last edited:
*Who will gave you the Z-crystals?
My guess is most Exclusive Z-Crystals will be scattered around the region/attainable at the Battle Tower, or whatever fills its niche, while standard Z Crystals might be given out as a reward, say you catch 10 Ghost Types and show the Professor your Pokédex, they'll give you a Ghostium Z.

I must admit I do like the bug-eyed crocodile. It's pretty simple by today's standards, but there's a nice quirkiness and charm to it.

The shark looks much better in the fan art that was posted. In the sprites from the book it just looks like a shark with a harpoon stuck to its head - I much prefer the natural implementation the art goes for. Same reason I think Octillery and Clawitzer are great at doing a weaponized theme, while Blastoise is just boring.

There still has to be a reason that James Turner posted that image though.

The tweet he posted directly before it explains - the manga it's from just released. He's probably trying to bring it to his followers attention if they didn't know about it.

View: https://twitter.com/JamesTurner_42/status/996887609610649600

People can infer whatever they want about the timing of the release (I suppose it's possible there's a chance the timing isn't totally unrelated) but I hope people keep expectations in check until we know more.

How would you guys feel if this was the title theme

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nWZyuQsZdjY

I'd sit and listen to it every time I booted the game up.

Last edited:
pikachu or evee? what a dissapointing poll is that
its obvious neither for me anyways

Should I swallow the pill that the first Switch game won't be a good first impression for the console (according to this) because they apparently always wanted to start it off with a Gen 7 game? I have to admit, it feels like an easy way out to make the transition like this instead of just taking this year off ffs. It's like the Switch intimidated them, so they took a half-step in and chose to wait longer to put it all the way in.

Last edited:
MOAR Kanto. MOAR, MOAR, MOAR.

I'm not excited about these games for obvious reasons, but I would enjoy them if they played up the cuteness, had a rival with cute Pokemon (not unlike Lusamine's team in SM), added boosts to Eevee and Pikachu to make them still viable at the end of the story (I know about the Light Ball and Z-Crystals. Your butt will still be plastered across the floor against stage 3 Pogeys and Pseudolegends.), added novelties like the Eeveelution Mimikyu forms that just had plushies released, and other types of things that made the games feel special and fun, and not just a bog standard slog through the same old Kanto. Maybe add some brand new Pokemon, but definitely add some Pokemon from the other gens.

I don't trust them to do that, though, I'm afraid. I don't trust them to shuffle things around and make this a fresh and fun experience. I expect them to basically copy/paste Yellow, tell us about "tradition" and "staying true to the originals", and call it a day.

I don't care about the games being "casualized". I don't think an easier experience is automatically a bad one. I'd like to see bosses have more than three Pokemon again, but I do not care about seeing type advantages or having EXP. Share. Those additions are fine, as far as I'm concerned. I do, however, agree that these games are going to tank if they don't put their whole heart into making them interesting and compelling to play through. They can't just put little features here and there and expect people to spring for these games, especially since the originals were recently released on 3DS Virtual Console. These games are going to have to be extremely different in order to justify the purchase.

I want to see what these games are going to offer because I don't want to write them off so soon, but let me tell you, I'm not holding my breath.
another decent comment tike my point sir

"There are new Pokemon most of them are Evolutions of already known Pokemon (mainly from Kanto)"

Let's pretend it's real just for speculation - which evolutions would you like to see?

This leak seems mostly fake because of the Gorochu thing but eh lol

Its from Anon

/vp/ - Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee is not a Remake, it's a Reboot - Pokémon - 4chan
Hopefully this means that Jynx and Farfetch’d will finally get the evolutions they rightfully deserve.

Also assuming we can go to Johto in the post game, a Dunsparce evolution would be appreciated.

Last edited:
if i'm wrong plese say

is't the leak say Red and Blue has important role in the story and our characters are totally new ones ? so leak says story gonna take place 20 year after Pokemon Red&Green. ( i said "20" cuz we saw older Red and Blue in S&M) So that means we got new story line, new gym leaders, new elite4, maybe new professor ( Oak is too old to be alive i think ). i can't quite say something about the pokemon in the reigon but i'm sure story gonna be different than Yellow. So nothing to worry about right now.

You can dislike titles, you may not want Kanto, you may have suspicions about wild pokemon in the reigon, you can hate new throwing the ball system ( i still think its just throwing a ball not more ) but as we know right now ( which is almost nothing ) there is no reason to say games are gonna be bad/disaster. we will just wait and see. And as a pokemon fan myself, i'm gonna like everything that i got as long as pokemon in it.
dude i have reasons for be a disaster ._.
1. New generation = new thing in this case it is not
2. New pokemons it seems no new pokemons
3. Its good make 1 remake but its annoying how focus in kanto every time
4.throwing ball system its simple but its not good only invite casual players are familiaized in GO system and never touch the original catch system
the only thing are saved in this gen its people are forced in certain measure the table of types and understand exists more stats
the rest
for me if do you want a reboot why not make generation zero and thats it and you can overwrite kanto all times as you wish but this thing count as gen8 and core series i dont think so

So hold on, how much credence can we give to Tom Philips' claim that this game was originally Stars?
"There are new Pokemon most of them are Evolutions of already known Pokemon (mainly from Kanto)"

Let's pretend it's real just for speculation - which evolutions would you like to see?
A baby Lapras is overdue.

Last edited:
If its not a new region, its a remake or a reboot and it isn't gen 8, but gen 7.
Considering that the chinese leaker said it's a reboot and that Nintendan said it's "close" to a remake, If we'll not play as red and blue, despite those two being in the games, then it's either an alternative Kanto (reboot) or a sequel.
So a totally different Kanto set in another universe just like all the RR regions, where things may be different from the past, or Kanto but setted in the timeline with usum or after, maybe simply in a moment where all other regions/pokemon have been "discovered" already.
Red and Blue are in Usum, coming from the Kanto where they were the main characters, so if the games are reboots in an alternative Kanto, they cannot be considered Gen 7 but rather an alternative (and updated) Gen 1. If the games are sequels then maybe they can be considered gen 7.

Imo it's Ultra Red/Ultra Green vs Red 2/Green 2...Yellow was a third version, so probably UR/UG.

Last edited:
I honestly doubt we're getting anything more than a new Mythical Pokemon. The only reason they added Ultra Beasts to USUM was because of their added focus on Ultra Space. They weren't necessarily aiming to break conventions. If they were, Alola itself would've had new natives in it.

For conversation sake:

Alternative evolution for Weepinbell (to rival Belossom)
Farfetch'd evolution
Dewgong evolution (kinda but not really to rival Walrein, but I think Dewgong is one of those mons that looks like it can still evolve)
Hypno evolution (could totally see him part Dark type)
Lickitung pre-evolution
Kangaskhan pre-evolution
Jynx evolution
Pinsir pre-evolution (that can evolve either to Pinsir or Heracross)
Tauros pre-evolution (that can evolve either to Tauros or Miltank)
Lapras pre-evolution

These are the ones i find more "reasonable".

I could also see them making evolutions for the more weaker stat-wise pokémon like Fearow, Arbok, etc. But the ones i mentioned first i think are more doable.

For conversation sake:

Alternative evolution for Weepinbell (to rival Belossom)
Farfetch'd evolution
Dewgong evolution (kinda but not really to rival Walrein, but I think Dewgong is one of those mons that looks like it can still evolve)
Hypno evolution (could totally see him part Dark type)
Lickitung pre-evolution
Kangaskhan pre-evolution
Jynx evolution
Pinsir pre-evolution (that can evolve either to Pinsir or Heracross)
Tauros pre-evolution (that can evolve either to Tauros or Miltank)
Lapras pre-evolution

These are the ones i find more "reasonable".

I could also see them making evolutions for the more weaker stat-wise pokémon like Fearow, Arbok, etc. But the ones i mentioned first i think are more doable.
Tauros and NEED to be officially connected. I’ve always wanted them to share a calf pre-evolution. It still to this day bothers me that they aren’t even considered a male/female pair when breeding.

Your other ideas all seem plausible too, except the kangaskahn pre-evo. People need to give up on that dream. Also, idk why Pinsir and Heracross need to be connected, I think they’re fine as-is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom