• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the games are to be based on Yellow, part of me wonders if they plan on allowing the Kanto starters be obtainable as they were in the original. Personally I hope not. If they give out extra starters at all, I hope it's literally any but the Kanto starters, or at the very least, give us options of starters from multiple regions. That would be far more interesting that only having the Kanto trio once again.
They're already promoting the Kanto starters alongside Pikachu and Eevee. You don't have to use them.

if we getting anything this week we gonna know in 3 minutes.

Well, you can find them in the wild in gen 7, just through island scan only.
Not gen 7 starters. Basically in the entire alola region there are just 1-2 Incineroar/Decidueye/Primarina.

welp, any chence for a reveal this week is pretty much dead.

They're already promoting the Kanto starters alongside Pikachu and Eevee. You don't have to use them.

Of course I don't have to use them; that wasn't my point. My point was that I would find it far more interesting if they gave us say, the Kalos starters, instead of once again the Kanto trio just to make it stand apart from Yellow.

welp, any chence for a reveal this week is pretty much dead.

I don't remember the last time a direct hasn't been on a Tuesday, so I had very little hope for something after Tuesday had passed by. I could be just not remembering dates correctly. I'm thinking next week.

Of course I don't have to use them; that wasn't my point. My point was that I would find it far more interesting if they gave us say, the Kalos starters, instead of once again the Kanto trio just to make it stand apart from Yellow.
It would be random as hell. If anything, they'd offer both the Kanto starters and another set, and you'd have to pick one from each set. That would be different from Yellow.

Not gen 7 starters. Basically in the entire alola region there are just 1-2 Incineroar/Decidueye/Primarina.

And technically the Island Scan Pokémon aren’t native to Alola, so it’s still an open question as to where any of the Starter lines originate from.

Personally, these games might be the first time I ever go Starter-less. I’ve got no interest in using Pikachu or Eevee, and I’ve used the Kanto Starters plenty of times by now.

Reactions: Zeb
Wow 500 pages already, congratulations to the community for so much talk with so less info, good job everyone(y):D

So Monday the announcement and Tuesday the direct then?

Yeah, put me in the camp of not caring for using either Pikachu or Eevee. I'd rather start with Slowpoke :love:

Eevee Day is the 21st of November, not the 21st of May.
every 21 of the month is eevee day :p
DcChHbHX0AAPKMu.jpg

Eevee Day is the 21st of November, not the 21st of May.

Correct.

11/21:
1- Ii (Ichi)
1- Ii (Ichi)
2- Fu (Futatsu)
1- Ii (ichi)

Pronounced together, and with the Fu becoming "bu" you get Eevee. But the Project Eevee account has been promoting every 21st as something special.

What if Gorochu is a new powered up form which can be accessed both by Pikachu and Raichu? It'd make Pikachu a viable starter, and those who want to evolve their starter can do so without losing anything.

It’s a nice thought, but realistically if Gorochu were to be implemented as some kind of power-up form, I think they would probably keep it Pikachu-exclusive as an incentive to keep using Pikachu instead of evolving it.

every 21 of the month is eevee day :p
DcChHbHX0AAPKMu.jpg

Not really on-topic but oh shit “Gyarados is a wind sock” confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom