• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdYumdsXUAUaHAv.jpg

I don't know why people on Twitter are believing in this leak?
None of the former leakers are saying that this leak is true, or anything...

Don't know either. This is something that got sent to ruffled rowlet by a "leaker". As the majority of it doesn't even make sense, I'm not sure why people are latching onto it.

Pikachu can't evolve, but Eevee can. Yeah, totally fake, since i doubt GF will make One of them evolve while the other cannot, since then whats the point in putting out 2 versions, since i doubt anyone will pick the Pikachu if it cannot evolve.

Right. It's either going to be neither are allowed to evolve, but get some sort of mechanic based on version, or, both are going to have modified evolution lines. I would hope for the latter; just because it'd be cool.

Where is this Johto rumour coming from by the way? I've been seeing people mention it, but not a single 'leaker' hint at it. Is it just a wish people have?

it mentions less of an emphasis on story when Masuda/Ohmori said that they wanted to move into a more story heavy/cinematic experience with future games
Worse than that, they say that the new team are responsible for a disaster that changed the region (going as far as removing Pokemon), and yet there is little story emphasis.

It supports and yet negates Piuk's rumor at the same time. The "leaker" just picked the one part they liked.

Blast said:
Is it just a wish people have?
They're promoting Johto this year more than they ever have since HGSS. One merchandise item says "Let's go to Johto", and it will be released after the game reveal.

But it doesn't come from any supposed leak. We only have one descriptive rumor that seems reliable, and technically that one doesn't even mention Kanto explicitly.

They're promoting Johto this year more than they ever have since HGSS. One merchandise item says "Let's go to Johto", and it will be released after the game reveal.
I fail to see why promotion is seen as a predecent for a possible role in the upcoming game. Same with Eevee. In the past, featured regions or Pokémon never got a lot of new merchandise right before the announcement of the game they appeared in, right? It would seem more logical to market them after the game had been released. For example, at the start of generation 6, the plushies for the new Pokémon from Kalos were released the same day as the game, even though their designs had been known for more than 9 months. Also, there's no confirmed date for a reveal of any Pokémon game yet.

The games will be revealed by E3 at the latest. Unless you don't believe that the logo and registered websites (the ones registered by a Nintendo-affiliated company) mean anything.

You can't compare the current promotion to what they did for new generations; it makes sense to wait for a game debut before merchandise rolls in, but we're talking about old Pokemon here. It is not a coincidence that Eevee is getting such a big push and that the merchandise focus is moving away from Alola in favor of Kanto. It's possible that the Johto angle is unrelated, but that is just one possibility.

How would it mess with the TCG I dont get it? there's always a new set every few months with different pokemon from every generation regardless of the games being remakes, reboot or a new gen.
The old sets are still legal in the game for a set period of time meaning if there is a hard reboot that would mean pre reboot cards would be played along post reboot cards. Because of that the tcg would be out of sync with the games and they are all so supposed to support each other.

how do we know gamefreak is behind these games?
1. All of the people who knew about the titles for a while now have implied as much. Emily Rogers: "What lessons should Game Freak and Nintendo learn from Pokémon Go’s success? How could Switch benefit from Pokémon Go’s success, and how could Pokémon Go benefit from Switch’s success?"

2. The logo's font is a callback to the first two generations. Spin-off games uses very different logos.

3. Masuda has been teasing Eevee and Pikachu for a while now.

4. The Switch game announced last year was explicitly referred to as a core RPG developed by Game Freak. We also know that that they've at least been trying to release it this year.

The games will be revealed by E3 at the latest. Unless you don't believe that the logo and registered websites (the ones registered by a Nintendo-affiliated company) mean anything.

You can't compare the current promotion to what they did for new generations; it makes sense to wait for a game debut before merchandise rolls in, but we're talking about old Pokemon here. It is not a coincidence that Eevee is getting such a big push and that the merchandise focus is moving away from Alola in favor of Kanto. It's possible that the Johto angle is unrelated, but that is just one possibility.
Just because I'm not aboard in believing all those unconfirmed rumours doesn't mean I think they don't mean anything. They might mean something, but we won't know for sure until there is an official announcement.

As far as the merchandise goes, I think people might be looking too much into it. After all, There are many different promotional campaigns throughout the year, every year. The fact that certain merchandise gets released doesn't necessarily carry any weight concerning new games. This whole situation is kind of starting to feel like the next 'Hoenn confirmed' for me.

You're welcome to point out examples of promotional campaigns that were very misleading.

Anyway, Johto is most likely not the focus of these games and there is no reason to harp on it just yet.

Not sure I can place any belief in the "completely new Kanto" leak, but kanto regional forms for non-kanto pokemon is something I'd very much love.

All the johto promotion is probably due to the movie since it takes place in Johto. I doubt it’s related to this game.

I hope they don’t give pikachu some alternate evolution. It doesn’t need to match eevee. They already give pikachu enough specialness, and eevee is te evolution Pokémon. To try to make pikachu to match that would just take away from eevees uniqueness.

They can easily offer cosplay pikachu or a choice between Alolan or regular raichu. And I’m sure they’ll offer surf and stuff.

Anyone think we will start off with the choosing of three starters and then we get Pikachu or Eevee? There is nowhere in the leak that says Pikachu or Eevee are the starters.

They can easily offer cosplay pikachu or a choice between Alolan or regular raichu. And I’m sure they’ll offer surf and stuff.

A choice between alolan raichu and regular raichu would be great, but I don't see them doing that except via transferring from Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom