• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is the case, then I don't think that Gen 8 is coming out in 2019. That's just too much Pokemon. They need a break.

agreed it seems too good to be true, but we'll see I guess

Emily also mentioned that Let's Go wasn't the only pair of main series games in dev for the switch

I'm just struggling to see how this would work since as far as we know the vet team has been working on Lets Go with the USUM joining in to help

If they are going all out with Pokemon Go integration, then I think that only Pokemon from Gens 1-3 will be available in the game, because they are the only Pokemon available in Go at the moment.

I have a feeling these games will be better than expected

Kanto is gamefreaks baby and the generation I'm sure the veteran devs there cherish it. It's also the region based off of their home right? (heard this somewhere but idk if true)

I feel like a lot of passion/care will be put into these games. I want a distant sequel but I'm expecting them to spin the games as something like"this is our original vision of Gen 1. with the switches power we can fully realize Kanto"

Last edited:
If this is the case, then I don't think that Gen 8 is coming out in 2019. That's just too much Pokemon. They need a break.
2019 is a very bad time for a break. It's their problem for releasing two old regions at the beginning of the Switch's life when they knew the highest demand was for a new game built for the system. We've never waited until over half the system's lifespan to get an actual new game. The reason it's so unreasonable to expect or want that is because no other popular Nintendo series is doing that. You may as well consider 2017 the break year since USUM probably took way less than a year to make.

Generations have been easy to define up to this point: but if this game is what people are saying it will be, then it doesn’t fall into the normal definitions, Thus it becomes something new and something different. A different line.

But it still wouldn't be Gen I, Gen I is in the past, it's already over. Being in Kanto doesn't warrant it being categorized as Gen I in any case. Calling it Gen VII or some variation of such makes more sense, IMO. Otherwise, it could be the first of it's own separate thing, but if it's in any way connected to the current main series, I wouldn't call it Gen I

If they are going all out with Pokemon Go integration, then I think that only Pokemon from Gens 1-3 will be available in the game, because they are the only Pokemon available in Go at the moment.

1. I doubt they will have much GO integration
2. That's "at the moment", it's pretty obvious GO will eventually include all Gens so IDK why they'd stop at III just because GO currently does~

Define "very good Pokemon experience". Because the last game I thought was a very good Pokemon experience was on the DS.

Well, clearly 'very good Pokemon experience' is completely subjective. Judging by your comment you are extremely hard to please (not criticising) so obviously someone else's definition of 'very good Pokemon experience' is irrelevant.

I feel like Pokemon Switch would most likely come out 2019, since it's (probably) a remake, 2019 would fit the 5-year remake pattern, we'll just not get Gen 4 remakes.

The trouble with that is that it sounds like we’re close to reveal. Unless the release is in Q1 2019, it doesn’t make sense to revealed it this early, remakes tend to only need 4-6 months prerelease

The trouble with that is that it sounds like we’re close to reveal. Unless the release is in Q1 2019, it doesn’t make sense to revealed it this early, remakes tend to only need 4-6 months prerelease

Remakes are never the first game on their console, they're built from an already existing engine. P&E is being built from scratch, so we can't hold it to the usual timeline of a remake~

Well, clearly 'very good Pokemon experience' is completely subjective. Judging by your comment you are extremely hard to please (not criticising) so obviously someone else's definition of 'very good Pokemon experience' is irrelevant.

It's a sad day in gaming when I'm considered hard to please. It's less that I have high standards and more that Game Freak's standards have sunk over the last 8 years and other developers' have raised to the point where Pokemon feels eons behind other franchises.

Either way, an announcement should be imminent and the release date will be no later than March. Nintendo's forecasts make it obvious that they're relying on Pokemon this fiscal year, and I don't see how Holiday 2018 is the less likely option.
Actually it's the most likely. Emily Rogers said 2018, Pixelpar said 2018, the leak on 4chan said 2018. Guys we are talking about people who leaked real stuff weeks and months before the announcement. It's time to face the truth:

Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee. Yellow remakes/reboots. 2018.

If they do end up coming out during 2018 more than likely November is going to be the month where they'll be released worldwide unless they have a different target date.

It's a sad day in gaming when I'm considered hard to please. It's less that I have high standards and more that Game Freak's standards have sunk over the last 8 years and other developers' have raised to the point where Pokemon feels eons behind other franchises.

Again, this is all subjective though. I have very much enjoyed every Pokemon main series game - that being said, I do agree with the opinion that certain aspects of the franchise have regressed since the end of the DS era. 'Eons' I don't agree with but I do think this is a great opportunity for Game Freak to right some wrongs.

2019 is a very bad time for a break. It's their problem for releasing two old regions at the beginning of the Switch's life when they knew the highest demand was for a new game built for the system. We've never waited until over half the system's lifespan to get an actual new game. The reason it's so unreasonable to expect or want that is because no other popular Nintendo series is doing that. You may as well consider 2017 the break year since USUM probably took way less than a year to make.
You can wait until 2020 for Gen 8. It would be better for the games anyways because the games would most likely not lack features like XY and SM did.

I also think that we should wait to see what the games actually are before thinking about Gen 8 release. If it's a real reboot and they think it will sell well, then nothing will force GF to go back to traditional generations...

Actually it's the most likely. Emily Rogers said 2018, Pixelpar said 2018, the leak on 4chan said 2018. Guys we are talking about people who leaked real stuff weeks and months before the announcement. It's time to face the truth:

Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee. Yellow remakes/reboots. 2018.

agreed. What you brought up + Nintendaan talking about the games + Joe being so adamant about a kanto return and believing in 2018, Paul believing in 2018 due to his experience with how the merchandising was going etc

Some were convinced Pixelpar was a fraud, but after the past few days, everything has come together a little too well to be just coincidence. There's just way too much smoke right now. Goes to show you should always keep an open mind towards these sort of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom