• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can wait until 2020 for Gen 8. It would be better for the games anyways because the games would most likely not lack features like XY and SM did.

Yes :) :) That would turn out to be the same as Ocarina of Time (late 1998) and Majora's Mask (early-middle 2000)! A significant franchise Switch game would be needed in 2020: there is a chance that the next core Mario and Legend of Zelda games would not be fully ready until 2021, or even 2022!

Yeeaah, if this game isn't either a stopgap to hold us off for the real 8th gen or such a drastic improvement of Kanto that it practically feels like 8th gen then I'm done with this franchise. I've put up with a lot of BS from this franchise, far more than I probably should've, but they just keep finding innovative new ways to underdeliver. This would be the straw that broke the Camerupt's back. I'll probably stick around for DP remakes if they don't screw them up that badly, but other than that Game Freak won't be getting any more of my money until they figure out how to make a high quality console game.

The very notion of starting off the Switch with a Kanto game is definitely not my ideal scenario, but there's definite upside here so I'll definitely give them a chance to impress me. But again, it has to feel like a drastic improvement to Kanto. I want to see the whole 9 yards, new areas, redesigns to older areas, an expanded dex, Kantionian forms to non-1st gen Pokemon, new features, a deeper storyline. Otherwise, no sale. Game Freak is on console, they're playing with the big boys now so they need to bring their A game.
Now these games could be sequels since the leaks mention red and blue being involved and we're new trainers (altough them being involved could just mean we're playing the gen 1 games from a different pov) but if it is sequels I think they have alot of potential, just look at your favorite in BW2 it's an old region old pokemon but the new story and the post game was more than enough( and I must say bw2 is my second favorite post game after emerald) so let's wait and see before we pass judgement.

Remember the Rumor of Masuda and Omhori studying caves in France?? That’s Gen 8. They were studying October 2017. 2020 makes more sense

My guess how half of 2018 will go might miss a few games just the more notable big ones)
June: Mario Tennis Aces
July: Octopath Traveler
August: Yoshi Switch
September: Smash Switch
October: Fire Emblem Switch
November: Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
December:???

A different perspective would be hard to pull off since:

1. The only kid Red interacted with in RGBY was Blue.
2. Red would still be the one to defeat Giovanni and become the Champion right after Blue.

Unless they retconned these events, but I really don't see why they would when they could just make us play as Red again.

agreed. What you brought up + Nintendaan talking about the games + Joe being so adamant about a kanto return and believing in 2018, Paul believing in 2018 due to his experience with how the merchandising was going etc

Some were convinced Pixelpar was a fraud, but after the past few days, everything has come together a little too well to be just coincidence. There's just way too much smoke right now. Goes to show you should always keep an open mind towards these sort of things.
Not counting that GF was once again unpredictable...I was expecting them to play safe completly...
Involving Go, changing the capture mechanic and maybe the battle system, remaking Yellow instead of r/b, creating new mcs instead of simply using red and blue, using eevee and pikachu as main pokemon. Guys they are risking so much because maybe they are really changing something.
I'm scared, I mean seriously, I am totally scared about how they changed the games... but it was about time. We have basically played the same games (r/b) for 22 years. It's funny to think that these games, that are basically remakes/reboots may feel like the most different thing from r/b that we have had in 22 years. Let's just wait and see.

You can wait until 2020 for Gen 8. It would be better for the games anyways because the games would most likely not lack features like XY and SM did.
No other Nintendo developer needs to wait until 2020 to release their first quality original game. This is ridiculous. I shouldn't be asked to compensate for their refusal to expand their staff or make prudent timing decisions.

I shouldn't be asked to compensate for their refusal to expand their staff or make prudent timing decisions.
Unless you're personally commissioning the games yourself, I don't think they're asking you to.

A delay in the game is just going to mean that you have to wait to buy it. Your job's not gonna depend on it, your health and safety isn't going to depend on it, and you have other options to entertain yourself until then. It doesn't affect your life so heavily that you should consider a delay to be a personal burden.

Unless you're personally commissioning the games yourself, I don't think they're asking you to.

A delay in the game is just going to mean that you have to wait to buy it. Your job's not gonna depend on it, your health and safety isn't going to depend on it, and you have other options to entertain yourself until then. It doesn't affect your life so heavily that you should consider a delay to be a personal burden.
I expected someone to say this. It's very simple: The rest of Nintendo is releasing their first new games by the end of the third year, so I have an expectation that they will follow suit. I thought this was a common expectation whenever a new console was released. I play other games, but I still look forward to ones from certain series.

I expected someone to say this. It's very simple: The rest of Nintendo is releasing their first new games by the end of the third year, so I have an expectation that they will follow suit. I thought this was a common expectation whenever a new console was released. I play other games, but I still look forward to ones from certain series.
And at no point did I say that you were being unreasonable to expect a new Pokemon game to be released and to look forward to it. But to claim that you're being "asked to compensate" just because a game isn't coming out when you want it to is being self-centered. Your expectations are not the standard to which everyone should hold themselves.

I agree with you and I think game developers are aware of this.

As I said before: What's the incentive to pay for this console if there isn't anything of interest to play on it? That's why, in the Switch's early life, it needs big titles from the big name companies to be successful.

And at no point did I say that you were being unreasonable to expect a new Pokemon game to be released and to look forward to it. But to claim that you're being "asked to compensate" just because a game isn't coming out when you want it to is being self-centered. Your expectations are not the standard to which everyone should hold themselves.
Given how much higher new generations sell, millions of other people must be self-centered if they get disappointed in one coming late.

Given how much higher new generations sell, millions of other people must be self-centered if they get disappointed in one coming late.
Again, there's nothing wrong with having expectations for games, and there's nothing wrong with being disappointed if those expectations aren't met, but when you make statements like this
I shouldn't be asked to compensate for their refusal to expand their staff or make prudent timing decisions.
as if the timing of the game revolves around you, then, yes, you are being self-centered.

Last edited:
32706651_2391188430895146_6418902205251715072_n.jpg

Has anyone noticed that the image where they showed an Eevee plush next to some cupcakes also had a Glaceon and Leafeon plush? It didn't have any other Eeveelutions near it when it would've been natural to have Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon instead. I find it strange that the only Eeveelution plush next to Eevee in that image were its Gen 4 evolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom