• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's also weird that RuffledRowlit thinks the Frontier rumor is the most realistic.
His judgment on rumors is iffy at best.

Velvet said:
I actually haven't seen the Frontier Rumour? What did it say?
"Frontier will be the docked mode exclusive area. The assumption is that in handheld mode you will be on local multiplayer out with your friends, but when you dock it at home that enables more of a single player experience, so you will be able to access the new Battle Tower in HD."

I don't understand why there would be an exclusive area/feature to any mode. Just because a player uses handheld mode doesn't mean that a Battle Frontier wouldn't be relevant to them.

Last edited:
Oh...

Guess I didn't see it, but that seems rather weird? Why can't it just be both while either in docking or handheld style? Makes no sense to strict things.

"they are two separete regions/versions of kanto" lol fake as hell, there cant be that much difference between the games, it's very controversial to make people spend $120 for the full experience

Not any more controversial than giving people the option of spending $100 on the exact same experience twice. Or $200 if you bought Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Besides I think the point is that it would be two full, alternate experiences.

Not that I believe the rumour is true, just saying.

I see no reason why Gyms must be needed nor mandatory in Eevee version. If the whole idea is to "shatter traditions" then by all means do exactly that. Make the "gyms" story bosses and call it a day.

The Pikachu version is the one where tradition should be upheld after all. Assuming all of this is even legit, of course.

That's the thing, I doubt they are even doing a "tradition" vs "future" type of thing, and even of they were, the lengths of how different they are is past GameFreak's usual practice.

No matter what kind of game we're getting, I wonder how the online features will be handled. There has been a little discussion before about fees before, but what about the system? I hope it'll be similar to the PSS, the best online system of any Pokémon game in my opinion. It would also be nice if they integrate the Global Link, or its replacement, into the game itself. I don't know exactly how powerful the Switch is, but it seems like it could be done.
According to the leak there would be an online hub for players

That's the thing, I doubt they are even doing a "tradition" vs "future" type of thing, and even of they were, the lengths of how different they are is past GameFreak's usual practice.

It's the trademarked names: letsgopikachu.com letsgoeevee.com that lends the most credence imo

I'm hoping GameFreak can overcome their usual practice in this case, because it really is like a Kanto taking what Unova was trying to do to its logical conclusion. It's also a cool theme aimed at the fanbase itself.

I get what your're saying. As someone that has been in "launch periods" over the years, I certainly agree that a good deal of skepticism and realistic expectations are a must.

Even if they wanted to do something like that i don't think it's possible

It's the trademarked names: letsgopikachu.com letsgoeevee.com that lends the most credence imo

I'm hoping GameFreak can overcome their usual practice in this case, because it really is like a Kanto taking what Unova was trying to do to its logical conclusion. It's also a cool theme aimed at the fanbase itself.

I get what your're saying. As someone that has been in "launch periods" over the years, I certainly agree that a good deal of skepticism and realistic expectations are a must.

It seems like these rumors are trying to combine too much at once. Some say Yellow remake, some say Yellow Reboot, some say Yellow Sequel, and some go hard right field BW-esque "tradition vs future" which just seems out of place, IMO. I'd need to see the official reveal to get on that board.

And yeah, I doubt they're going to limit any gameplay features to docked mode.

"they are two separete regions/versions of kanto" lol fake as hell, there cant be that much difference between the games, it's very controversial to make people spend $120 for the full experience
they can always just go the Fates route. Buy one game full price and get the other for 20/30ish €/$ as dlc.

How legit is he?

Attachments

• F1E4EBD1-A93E-4B39-A21F-0D1B164A8282.jpeg
    F1E4EBD1-A93E-4B39-A21F-0D1B164A8282.jpeg
    379.6 KB · Views: 133
How legit is he?

Not sure how legit he is, but, next week just makes a lot of sense when considering the game is being planned to release this year, especially given what we have heard from the more reliable leakers/insiders. As for press playing the game, well, should it be announced next week, I would fully expect it to be at least demonstrated at E3. I'm not sure if they'd have an event dedicated to it though.

Not sure how legit he is, but, next week just makes a lot of sense when considering the game is being planned to release this year, especially given what we have heard from the more reliable leakers/insiders. As for press playing the game, well, should it be announced next week, I would fully expect it to be at least demonstrated at E3. I'm not sure if they'd have an event dedicated to it though.
plus the 21st evee tail. since its kinda late now i guess maybe they will reveal the date of the direct then?

plus the 21st evee tail. since its kinda late now i guess maybe they will reveal the date of the direct then?

It seems like that would make the most sense. They usually announce the direct the day before. We'll see. If it doesn't come out next week, we still have the last week of the month for it to happen. I can't see the game being announced at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom