• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the beta I read that viridian city was planned as the first gym and was a bug gym, would be nice to see that and other stuff that was scrapped from the beta coming for this game to make it more fresh.

aw where did you read that? :D i knew about viridian being the first gym but i didn't know about its typing

Actually there's no good reason why you should pick pikachu instead of eevee, when the latter can evolve into 8 different types, including electric, with better stats and abilities...unless you just like pikachu with a light ball.
You guys act like this is some deal breaker, here's why someone would chose Pikachu

they just like him better than Eevee or it's evolutions :/

It looks like an HD version of the gen 7 overworld. It’s not hard to imagine that someone ripped assets from USUM to make them.
Chracter models looks like Gen 7 but the rest are ORAS assets which made me skeptical

The only believable part on that "leak" is the possibility of changes in the Gym Leader and Elite Four, but that's about it.

I hope pikachu actually does get something extra, because right now it is compleatly overshadowed by eevee in terms of power and evolutions

Hmmmmm I mean... Pikachu could get an normal evolution by level up rather than a stone or a condition of sorts for another evolution; maybe? But I doubted that would happen.

There was actually a tweet by Masuda with a picture of the magnet train. RuffledRowlit pointed out the manga page of the magnet train that's in Johto and also shown the one from HGSS. That's something that favors the ability to go back to Johto sometime, most likely in the postgame.

There was actually a tweet by Masuda with a picture of the magnet train. RuffledRowlit pointed out the manga page of the magnet train that's in Johto and also shown the one from HGSS. That's something that favors the ability to go back to Johto sometime, most likely in the postgame.

I saw that too... Do you think they'll try and spread the exp gain out across two regions then? Like how in GS, we were maybe 10 levels lower than we would of been in RB towards the E4?

If they do that, I hope Johto is a hot zone for battling, because I'd want to finish the main region around level 45-50, and finish the second region/entire game with my team at 80-90.

I saw that too... Do you think they'll try and spread the exp gain out across two regions then? Like how in GS, we were maybe 10 levels lower than we would of been in RB towards the E4?

If they do that, I hope Johto is a hot zone for battling, because I'd want to finish the main region around level 45-50, and finish the second region/entire game with my team at 80-90.
Maybe they'll even split the gyms across both regions, 4 in Kanto and 4 in Johto. This would provide a different experience not only from Yellow but also from HGSS.

Icy Wind said:
It looks like an HD version of the gen 7 overworld.

It could be real, but it’s not hard to imagine that someone ripped assets from USUM to make it.
But then that someone had the right idea about Kanto, Eevee as a partner, and wild Pokemon in the overworld. Not extremely hard guesses, but still.

More to the point, the picture was leaked soon after a Tieba admin had complained about the graphics that they'd seen in a demo. None of the reputable leakers (including Tom Phillips who hinted at Yellow in December) have said that the picture is fake.

It's hard to tell with Masuda when he's hinting at something and when he just means "technology is amazing!" regardless of Pokemon. I consider the (seemingly unnecessary) Johto focus in the movie and the "Let's go to Johto!" merchandise more telling.

Jolty94 said:
saw that too... Do you think they'll try and spread the exp gain out across two regions then? Like how in GS, we were maybe 10 levels lower than we would of been in RB towards the E4?

Before anyone says it, fan hacks have proven that it is possible to improve the Johto games' level curve.

Poke Dragon said:
Maybe they'll even split the gyms across both regions, 4 in Kanto and 4 in Johto. This would provide a different experience not only from Yellow but also from HGSS.
This is something I would be in favor of if the other gyms were relegated to the post-game.

@Greninjaman; Probably not much. There's still Hapu's Grand Trial to do plus the "Anime" league that may or not be going on. Which could last a year and given enough time to get Gen 8 out in the shelves, so I wouldn't worry too much... I think?

I just had a thought: if The games are reboots and not remakes, then what does that mean for the anime?
1) They reboot the anime as they rebooted the movies.
2) Ash goes back to Kanto and starts his journey like if the new games are sequels.
3) S/M anime goes on until Gen 8 (if there'll ever be one) is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom