• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I don’t think we are going to get a reveal this month. Every year at E3 that a Pokémon game existed, it was covered there. Right now E3 is just around the corner and I could see them holding off any announcement until then. Or/As was announced early May and had another trailer just over a month at E3. If the Switch Games where announced next week, “one month later” misses E3 and I don’t think, if a game is coming this year, they wouldn’t feature it at E3 to some extent.

Theres always a pokemon diret before E3, revealing the game at E3 will interfere with the Smash 5 focus, it only makes sense to announce it few weeks before E3

Give a teaser at the near end of May and then come E3 drop a big trailer in June. Could happen.

Ultra sun and moon had a pokemon direct in June before E3
USUM were revealed in June weren't they? From what we know LGP/E isn't exactly brand new like XY or SM so I don't see why they can't announce anything this month.
But this is the first Nintendo Switch game. It’s much different than a Remix game. And revealing it at E3 won’t take away from Smash 5. Or/As And Smash 4 co-existed perfectly fine in 2014. Also Pokémon doesn’t usually have the game playable at E3, but I believe Smash 5 does which is already one thing it has at its advantage. Revealing it at E3 isn’t a problem.

I think they'll announce it within the next month or so with a teaser, so they can have a trailer to show at E3 with an expected release date~ If not, and they wait till E3, they'll probably have a bit more to show then

This is their first game on the Switch, so they have to have something impressive for Pokemon standards if they want to impress those who play more on consoles than handhelds. It doesn't have be Breath of the Wild level, it just needs to be content filled enough to take advantage of the better hardware, and the Johto inclusion will be a step in that direction.

If johto isnt in it, then im just curious what will happen to the magnet train in kanto found in saffron city.
Also side note, im just hoping they go all out with saffron/celedon city in this game and make them look like tokyo. Big built up cities

Everybody still discussing and i‘m here just waiting for mondays/tuesday :whistle:

Gamefreak JUST DO IT
Kt8bgbDCuS63.jpg

If Gamefreak keeps being cruel and nothing happens in may, i‘ll just take the offer of the clown
Pokemon-memes.jpg

I don't think it coincidence that a few of the unused PKMN from the original Red and Blue images have surfaced recently....
I'm not yet convinced, the recently revealed unused designs were 'leaked' from the Educational Manga Satoshi Tajiri: the Man Who Created Pokémon, were they something that they just dug up for seemingly no reason like Gorochu, then maybe I'd agree that something could be going on.

But this is the first Nintendo Switch game. It’s much different than a Remix game. And revealing it at E3 won’t take away from Smash 5. Or/As And Smash 4 co-existed perfectly fine in 2014. Also Pokémon doesn’t usually have the game playable at E3, but I believe Smash 5 does which is already one thing it has at its advantage. Revealing it at E3 isn’t a problem.
No matter how big a Pokemon game is, it never gets announced at E3. The first games on the DS were announced in the winter of 2004, and the first games on the 3DS were announced January 2013. I expect a Pokemon Switch announcement to be before E3, and if not it's near guaranteed to be a 2019 release.

It's not just Nintendo's decision if they want to announce it at E3, they have to include Game Freak and Creatures Inc's decision, too. And yes, they did announce they were working on Pokemon Switch at E3, but they didn't reveal anything else.

If johto isnt in it, then im just curious what will happen to the magnet train in kanto found in saffron city.

Also side note, im just hoping they go all out with saffron/celedon city in this game and make them look like tokyo. Big built up cities

Yes..!! I think that is part of what we can know for sure about this version of Kanto before the games are released, that the environments/ towns/cities will be full sized. Whether they will be expanded is an unknown, maybe it is at minimum a 40% chance that they are!

And it may even be that within the cities/towns it could be very possible to find and catch Pokemon within them..!

Masuda going to Kyoto, where it's located Nintendo headquarters... sounds, normal?! I guess so
I just want to say that even though this is just an innocent tweet... I’m thinking that this has to do with the Johto to Kanto train.

No matter how big a Pokemon game is, it never gets announced at E3.
They also never start a new game on a new game system with a remake. And if the leaks are real (and this is shaping up to be the case), then we can scratch it off the list of things Gamefreak would “never” do.

Also June is not too late for a 2018 game. A lot of times when announcing the game, they don’t show anything until later. Sun/Moon was announced in February, we never even got the starters until May. Or/As was announced in May, the only really good look we got at Or/As was at E3 in June. They could easily do a super launch trailer making up for any reveals they would have missed out on, if it was revealed in May.

I’m not saying this is the case, it is however a possibility.

Did I miss something saying we won't see an announcement this month? These pages build up so fast I can't keep up.
No, there wasn’t anything I believe. Rumors suggest this month there will be a release. I was just saying a big E3 reveal could be a possibility.

Inb4 there's no reveal this month or at E3.
What would this mean for a 2018 release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom