• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its worth noting that Pokemon Box, and one of the Gamecube adventures and some spin off games have been announced at E3 in the past. Some main core pokemon games have been showcased at E3 events after being announced such as XY and ORAS. While not main core series, even if the gamecube games are a hybrid at worse, any pokemon game could be announced. at E3 if they truly wanted.

You could also have the usual Nintendo / Pokemon Direct just before or after E3 as well. Its essentially the same E3 period regardless.

Last edited:
Selene interviewing people at the Royal Wedding
DdkBTYnU0AAupP4.jpg:large

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/PokemonNewsUK/status/997804241581461504

I don't think that's the case. Goro means rumble in japanese I believe. Like rumbling thunder. Honestly I'd like to see an Electric/Fighting type.
I'd rather him be an electric/dark type. Especially since they're most likely not going to give poor Luxray a Mega evolution soon.

I'd rather him be an electric/dark type. Especially since they're most likely not going to give poor Luxray a Mega evolution soon.
Would make sense considering Alolan Raichu is a Psychic-type. Though, I'm not convinced Pikachu will get another evolution honestly. There's already two Pichu forms, two Raichu forms, various forms of Cosplay Pikachu and Cap Pikachu and the exclusive item Light Ball that makes Pikachu itself somewhat useful itself. Not to mention a signature move in Volt Tackle for the whole evolution line, two exclusive Z-moves for Pikachu and one for Alolan Raichu. Adding another evolution to mix seems a bit much to me. On the other hand, maybe because Pikachu and its evolutions receive so much special attention it would be logical to follow this trend. I'm somewhat sceptical, but we'll see.

Would make sense considering Alolan Raichu is a Psychic-type. Though, I'm not convinced Pikachu will get another evolution honestly. There's already two Pichu forms, two Raichu forms, various forms of Cosplay Pikachu and Cap Pikachu and the exclusive item Light Ball that makes Pikachu itself somewhat useful itself. Not to mention a signature move in Volt Tackle for the whole evolution line, two exclusive Z-moves for Pikachu and one for Alolan Raichu. Adding another evolution to mix seems a bit much to me. On the other hand, maybe because Pikachu and its evolutions receive so much special attention it would be logical to follow this trend. I'm somewhat sceptical, but we'll see.
I think it's logical that they might revamp Gorochu to be an alternate evolution to Pikachu. Plus if there's any Pokemon line I can accept getting special treatment, It's Pikachu's since he's the mascot.

Actually if this is a gen 7 game and can trade with sun and moon we could evolve our Pikachu/Eevee in one of those than trade it back (think you could do this with your yellow Pikachu)

Or how would you guys feel about a story based evolution for them? Day around the 5th gym something big happens and your starter will evolve due to it, but can't before it?

That's hilarious! Maybe the Japanese Twitter manager hasn't heard about the rumours yet. Or maybe this is 100% confirmation that we're getting Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee c;
Or just missclick.

Actually if this is a gen 7 game and can trade with sun and moon we could evolve our Pikachu/Eevee in one of those than trade it back (think you could do this with your yellow Pikachu)
Yes, you could and long as Pikachu wasn't in its Original Version of Yellow it could evolve, however if these Eevee and Pikachu are special in some way, they'll likely Block the player from trading them, at least to previous releases, like how Blacephalon and Stakataka can't be traded to Sun or Moon.
Or how would you guys feel about a story based evolution for them? Day around the 5th gym something big happens and your starter will evolve due to it, but can't before it?
It sounds like a good idea at first, but the problem with that is they'd either force you to have it in your party at all times or block your progression though the story/force you to put it into your party if you didn't have it on you at certain points, but I think such restrictions would be more than fair as the idea sounds like a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom