• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• ME decides not to pursue Team Galactic and instead climb around the Sinnoh region with his new HM. Watch the new episode here.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Regarding Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra DLC Spoilers

For users browsing this forum, be aware that you may stumble upon spoilers! Threads that have spoilered information will be tagged as such, but still do take caution.
    Spoiler Embargo will be in place one month from DLC release. This means it will lift on July 17th, 2020.

• The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but no matter what I do I can't see anything with that image, I'll just put this here if anyone's got the same issue.
Not my fault that widget works like... ekhm and I don't know, how image posting works here, everytime I have blank image. Next time I'll use just quote/spoiler.

蒼い炎
Reaction score
This isn't really anything new even if what the third guy is saying is true. While it does raise more doubts about the legitimacy of the registrations, it was uncertain from the start whether the domains were actually registered by Nintendo themselves or some random person.

Reaction score
That 4chan post got me thinking, the situation is similar but different in comparison to sun and moon. How likely is the leak we thinking now ?

Reaction score
That 4chan post got me thinking, the situation is similar but different in comparison to sun and moon. How likely is the leak we thinking now ?
Which leak? In last 72h on the 4chan we got ~10 leaks about games with that title, all with little changes.

Reaction score
Which leak? In last 72h on the 4chan we got ~10 leaks about games with that title, all with little changes.
The main one people are talking about like the riddler and pixalpar and a few other credible sources are using.

Reaction score
Nintendo and Gamefreak use third parties to trademark things all the time, often without showing their company names. CSC isn’t exactly a company that some rando can just deal with, and given their existing contracts with Nintendo, there would be a conflict of interest if they were brokering with an individual not affiliated with Pokémon for a web domain like this.

And given the titles, there may not be a need to trademark them up front at all. I’m pretty sure both Pikachu and Eevee have existing trademarks in both the US and Japan, at least. That may or may not extend to video games already. You’d need to trademark them eventually for specific merch, but not right out of the gate.

I think 4chan’s just in debunk mode, because it’s 4chan. I remember when they were in denial over the Alola starters too lol.

Reaction score
Eh, here we go again.

Titles are not confirmed, attention whores on Twitter are not credible sources, riddler can be wrong like others.

Oh, and domains can be registered by some "leaker", not Nintendo.
Jon,shinobii,zhuge,Emily(debatably),many others.

Honestly Pixelpar hinting at let's go being the titles and kantoKanto rev and go interaction way before the leaks got any attention and Emily said all that means he's legit

Reaction score
What so NOW we think it's possibly fake? I swear if next week comes and no announcement happens I'm gonna snap. Is this csc the same company that domained sun and moon or not? If it is we should have no doubt it's real.

Reaction score
What so NOW we think it's possibly fake? I swear if next week comes and no announcement happens I'm gonna snap. Is this csc the same company that domained sun and moon or not? If it is we should have no doubt it's real.
They are. While it’s better to use a grain of salt until we have official confirmation, I don’t see any way these titles could be fake at this point.

Explore.
Reaction score
The most important piece here is that Joe posted about it on Serebii's front page. He is a big stickler when it comes to posting unconfirmed rumors on his site. If he hadn't posted the LGPE rumor in the first place, I would be a lot less inclined to believe it than I am right now.

Reaction score
Every site domained by Nintendo have their address information in whois report. New domains don't have it.
Currently they do. We don’t know how they looked when they first went up, unless I’m mistaken. These were likely rushed to protect the urls from being picked up by others.

Even then, as I said above, conflict of interest should the originators be anyone other than Nintendo.

Explore.
Reaction score
To add on to my previous post, if people are more inclined to believe 4chan over Serebii, that's a tad bit ridiculous. I know a lot of people here don't really like the guy personally, but as far as fansites go Serebii has a hell of a lot more credability than Pokemon threads on 4chan.

Reaction score
Every site domained by Nintendo have their address information in whois report. New domains don't have it.

Who?
But if it's a site that Nintendo uses that domained them why would they domain something without Nintendos permission when it involves one of their main games and when it's a title that is fake made up by fans? They wouldn't unless they were actual titles that are upcoming or might make in the future (Delta emerald) but let's go Pikachu/Eevee isn't a likely maybe title it would only be domained if it was going to be a thing.

Reaction score
But if it's a site that Nintendo uses that domained them why would they domain something without Nintendos permission
I can domain pokemon.com if they didn't refresh reservation and I have full right to that. I don't need permission. I see free domain, I can take it. Trademarks don't work on domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.