• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not believing this "only Kanto Pokemon" rumor. It just makes no sense to me to give us Eevee and not let us have access to all of it's evolutions. I would only believe that if we in fact can't evolve it, which would also suck...
Yeah that's highly unlikely. Even remakes included recent evolutions. Unless the guy meant to say that all the kanto dex is in the game instead of just kanto pokemon.

Just watched Gamexplains recent video about "only the orignal 151 Pokemon in let's go from Real Leaks rumor" I'm not surprised if that's the case plus hopefully it'll be like BW1 with only original to their region in the main story then the rest opens up postgame(well I hope for the latter) or this is very disappointing...RIP my chance of getting an Eeveelution that's not Gen 1 or any Gen 1 Pokemon that got Pre/Evolutions later Gens.....at least Jolteon is still great BUT still possible that Eevee or Pikachu won't evolve to make it even more "authentic".

4chan

If Game Freak only limit the Pokedex to just Gen 1 Pokemon, then I can say that's another mistake they made with recent games. I know Pokemon BW only had Unova Pokemon before the postgame, but at the time, they were the newest Pokemon added, so it makes sense. Gen 1 Pokemon however, has been around for much longer and thus, it wouldn't feel like a new adventure because we are used to see them getting the better Pokedex treatment.

These are my thoughts exactly. Game Freak KNOWS that we expected more than that. Limiting us to the original 151 and making these games a straight-up remake would be the absolute worst decision they could do for a debut title on the Switch. This makes these games seem like mere tech-demo tests than a final product.

Now, if they just limited it to evolutionary lines of Kanto Pokémon such us cross-gen evolutions, then I'd be more tolerant. I'd even be okay if they added their beta Pokémon into the games to make up for the lack of cross-gen evolution, basically making these games what they wanted RBGY to be without technical limitations holding them back (they originally wanted the games to include 190 Pokémon instead of just the 151 we got in the end) However, limiting it to the original 151 with nothing changed at all is just bad from a marketing standpoint when we already have the virtual console for the Gen 1 experience.

Aren't every pokemon game a technical cash grab? I mean do you know how much work goes into a 3d game? And onto the switch no less? Sorry but no, this game is bound to have effort put into it.

That would mean that Game Freak was merely thinking about the graphical aspect of the games and nothing else though. Adapting to a home console is already a lot of work, but to say that the best they could do with it is a straight-up Yellow remake split into two is just insulting to the existing fan base and would literally only please the OG fans who dislike later generations. Not only that, but I think it would also alienate and disappoint the target demographic who never grew up with these games.

I'm starting to think that this particular rumor is leaning towards fake unless Game Freak is really trying to kill off their current fan base so they can focus on other non-Pokémon games.

Last edited:
I’m not sure about this rumour at all. As others have mentioned, GameFreak will be dumb to do that, but the rumour is posted by the same person who predicted LGPE titles...
Wait, it's the same person? Are we absolutely sure that user just didn't steal that guy's name to troll the fan base and make us freak out?

I’m pretty sure a large chunk of those 39 Pokemon were the Johto ones...
IIRC, they said that some of the Johto Pokémon were like that (such as Tyranitar and Scizor), but that doesn't mean that those were the majority.

I’m not sure about this rumour at all. As others have mentioned, GameFreak will be dumb to do that, but the rumour is posted by the same person who predicted LGPE titles...

Is that really the case? I was hoping this was just some random additional rumor.

*sigh*

man guys we're probably like a week or two from the actual announcement can we stop jumping to conclusions?

the guy posted the titles, on April 1 yes. it's not a fake username, because he has the same tripcode. however, this does not mean he's legit. the titles of the games were also posted on an italian forum literally a year back. this guy is just making the best guess that he can.

Honestly I think people are overexaggerating a bit with the dex alone. Need we remind you that all remakes of past games included things that made the game feel more fresh?

Best thing Niantic has done in a while with GO. There's no reason to wait until Gen 7 Pokemon are introduced into the game for Alola forms to be in the game. They are Gen 1 Pokemon after all.

Also, I think it's a subtle troll re: Let's Go Eevee and Let's Go Pikachu. I almost want to think we are in for a "surprise" soon (by surprise, something we already probably know).

Honestly I think people are overexaggerating a bit with the dex alone. Need we remind you that all remakes of past games included things that made the game feel more fresh?

Generation I has already been remade, and Generation I Pokemon have been shoved in our faces for quite some time now. Plus, the newest leak pretty much explicitly states only Generation I Pokemon in the game altogether, which is not how any of the past remakes have been done.

We’re in a Rumor threads. We can only go off of rumors

Right. And going off of rumours, there's about five different Pokemon games launching between 2018 - Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu, Plus/Minus, Infra Red/Ultra Violet, etc. Are all of these rumours true? Obviously not.

My point is that people are treating one rumour like it's the truth when there's plenty of potential for it not to be. As you pointed out, we're in the rumour thread. There's going off of rumours and then arguing pointlessly about whether a rumour is true or not.

Peace.

man guys we're probably like a week or two from the actual announcement can we stop jumping to conclusions?

the guy posted the titles, on April 1 yes. it's not a fake username, because he has the same tripcode. however, this does not mean he's legit. the titles of the games were also posted on an italian forum literally a year back. this guy is just making the best guess that he can.

Aw sorry what forum? °:° It's the first time I hear that, could you give me a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom