• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is looking more and more like Go!, unfortunately. Assuming it is the 151 as the rumor states, I wonder if they will try to follow the Go! pattern and gradually update other Gen PKMN into the game.

Does anyone have a link to the 4chan post where the Real Leaks guy just posted today?

Please don’t speak on the behalf of everyone here.

I’m sure the masses/casuals will buy the game regardless, but I personally cannot justify paying 60$ for what sounds like a prettier version of FRLG, assuming these leaks are true.
Yup. I don’t even have a switch. This news will help seal the deal of not getting one until Gen 8

Also USUM were first pokemon games I skipped. And I have no regrets

Does anyone have a link to the 4chan post where the Real Leaks guy just posted today?
No 4chan links allowed :/

"As far as I know only catching pokemon is like GO (you throw the pokeball or berries etc), battling should be the same"

They're yellow remakes not sequels.No mid-gen evolutions (Pichu,crobat etc.)
or Johto or sevii islands.There are new protagonists.

This is all he said practically

Last edited:
Maybe they wants to sell a lot of DLC, something like card package in PTCG. You know, "Lucario and Garchomp line only for ten dollars!".

Yup. I don’t even have a switch. This news will help seal the deal of not getting one until Gen 8

Also USUM were first pokemon games I skipped. And I have no regrets

I have to say that if the leak turned out to be true, I would likely not buy the game, which would be the first for me for a mainline Pokémon game. But I also think that the leak is fake. There is no way Game Freak would be this foolish and give us a barebones game when other Nintendo franchises like Zelda and Mario went all out on their Switch games and were rewarded for it with record sales for each game. And Pokémon players are seeing what Zelda and Mario did with Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey. They won't be satisfied with a barebones game at $60. And chances are, neither would the casuals or even the younger crowd. It would cost too much money for too little content. If Game Freak did this, I think that the game would sell far less than they expect and also have a negative effect on future Pokémon games, not only on future spinoff titles, but potentially on mainline Gen 8 games, too. That's why I think the leak is false. Game Freak has seen two Nintendo franchises go all out on the Switch and get rewarded for it by the players. There is no way they're going to risk screwing up Pokémon's inaugural release on a home console this badly.

This game is looking more and more like Go!, unfortunately. Assuming it is the 151 as the rumor states, I wonder if they will try to follow the Go! pattern and gradually update other Gen PKMN into the game.

That would literally be pointless, if they intend to have more than just the original 151, they will release the game as such at the start. There's no reason to gradually update it if they want more mons in the game in the first place~

That would literally be pointless, if they intend to have more than just the original 151, they will release the game as such at the start. There's no reason to gradually update it if they want more mons in the game in the first place~
Yeah. Gen 2 plus Pokemon should be in the base game to begin with.

I love how the opinion on these games does a full 180 in a matter of days. XD

But here, this is what I currently expect of these games:
  • Similar concept to Pokemon Yellow in that you are traveling Kanto with a pokemon that will not go in its ball, but with a new (non-anime-based) plot.
  • Kanto pokemon in mostly their usual locations, with maybe a few tweaks. No new forms or new pokemon (and definitely no brand new types), but probably several non-Gen 1 pokemon scattered about the region, possibly in new areas. If not, then definitely accessible in the post-game.
  • Minimal influence from Pokemon Go.
And perhaps less likely expectations (hopefully)-
  • Can't evolve Pikachu or Eevee.
  • Starter will have major inclusion in the plot (aka cut scenes.)
I'll be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong about the new forms/new pokemon. Couldn't care less about Kanto pokemon being in Kanto, though. XD But now's probably a good time to chill and wait for official information.

Maybe they wants to sell a lot of DLC, something like card package in PTCG. You know, "Lucario and Garchomp line only for ten dollars!".

Fortunately we know Game Freak is against selling pokemon as DLC.

Now, question... what was the "Real Leaks" leak that everyone is talking about? It doesn't seem to be in the first post. =/ What exactly did this person leak that has them flagged as being credible?

It would be really scummy if they lock later gen Pokemon behind paywalls to begin with. If they force me to pay real money for a game I already paid for just to be able to catch Riolu from the wild then I lost all hope of them recovering.

I have to say that if the leak turned out to be true, I would likely not buy the game, which would be the first for me for a mainline Pokémon game. But I also think that the leak is fake. There is no way Game Freak would be this foolish and give us a barebones game when other Nintendo franchises like Zelda and Mario went all out on their Switch games and were rewarded for it with record sales for each game. And Pokémon players are seeing what Zelda and Mario did with Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey. They won't be satisfied with a barebones game at $60. And chances are, neither would the casuals or even the younger crowd. It would cost too much money for too little content. If Game Freak did this, I think that the game would sell far less than they expect and also have a negative effect on future Pokémon games, not only on future spinoff titles, but potentially on mainline Gen 8 games, too. That's why I think the leak is false. Game Freak has seen two Nintendo franchises go all out on the Switch and get rewarded for it by the players. There is no way they're going to risk screwing up Pokémon's inaugural release on a home console this badly.
I'm right. They need to go big or else this will be the end of Pokemon.

I love how the opinion on these games does a full 180 in a matter of days. XD

But here, this is what I currently expect of these games:
  • Similar concept to Pokemon Yellow in that you are traveling Kanto with a pokemon that will not go in its ball, but with a new (non-anime-based) plot.
  • Kanto pokemon in mostly their usual locations, with maybe a few tweaks. No new forms or new pokemon (and definitely no brand new types), but probably several non-Gen 1 pokemon scattered about the region, possibly in new areas. If not, then definitely accessible in the post-game.
  • Minimal influence from Pokemon Go.
And perhaps less likely expectations (hopefully)-
  • Can't evolve Pikachu or Eevee.
  • Starter will have major inclusion in the plot (aka cut scenes.)
I'll be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong about the new forms/new pokemon. Couldn't care less about Kanto pokemon being in Kanto, though. XD But now's probably a good time to chill and wait for official information.

Fortunately we know Game Freak is against selling pokemon as DLC.

Now, question... what was the "Real Leaks" leak that everyone is talking about? It doesn't seem to be in the first post. =/ What exactly did this person leak that has them flagged as being credible?
This(ignore the tweet)
1526390145200.jpg

and the Let's Go Pikachu logo

I'm right. They need to go big or else this will be the end of Pokemon.
If 3% of Go users buy the games, they will sell 24 milions copies. This is not the end of Pokemon for sure. It may be the end of what we used to think of Pokemon. Maybe GF just decided to target other people to make more money rather than the traditional fans...It's not a good thing to do, let's be clear, but not a bad marketing move at all.

If 3% of Go users buy the games, they will sell 24 milions copies. This is not the end of Pokemon for sure. It may be the end of what we used to think of Pokemon. Maybe GF just decided to target other people to make more money rather than the traditional fans...It's not a good thing to do, let's be clear, but not a bad marketing move at all.
Most of the players Go still has are hardcore Pokemon players. The casual players all left long ago.

I don't think I am going to shell out $60 x2 for these games if they turn out to be what is described. I'm all for Kanto "
reimagining", but there doesn't seem to be anything in the games worthwhile of my money.

Most of the players Go still has are hardcore Pokemon players. The casual players all left long ago.
Main serie games sell 16 milions copies. Go downloads are around 800 milions. This means that only 2% of Go players are still "traditional fans".

Main serie games sell 16 milions copies. Go downloads are around 800 milions. This means that only 2% of Go players are still "traditional fans".
Go lost about 80% of its playerbase. People may be put off about the lack of new content and not buy it, thus lowering sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom