• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too would rather a sequel.
What was Kanto's story again? It looks basic and outdated (Red beats the Gyms, takes down TR, and become Pokémon Master, and let's all start worshipping him).
That's the formula that has been used for every game. The only difference since RS is the "legendary stakes", and the improved characterization in BW/B2W2, SM/USUM and ORAS.

I'm the first proponent of Kanto sequels, but not because the original story can't be "modernized". Rather, I'm already satisfied with Origins' take on the central characters: Blue, Giovanni and Mr. Fuji. I have no interest in Game Freak pulling a USUM by injecting Mewtwo or another legendary into the original story. The games would feel much more organic as sequels especially as Silver is sorely needed.

That's the formula that has been used for every game. The only difference since RS is the "legendary stakes", and the improved characterization in BW/B2W2, SM/USUM and ORAS.

I'm the first proponent of Kanto sequels, but not because the original story can't be "modernized". Rather, I'm already satisfied with Origins' take on the central characters: Blue, Giovanni and Mr. Fuji. I have no interest in Game Freak pulling a USUM by injecting Mewtwo or another legendary into the original story. The games would feel much more organic as sequels especially as Silver is sorely needed.
But didn't origins insert mewtwo into the story?

Main story=Everything prior to becoming the Champion

Origins fleshed out the Cerulean Cave encounter. It didn't tie it into Team Rocket or anything like that.

There's also only so much you can repeat thbe same story. Red beats Giovanni is something that was done long ago. Better to have something new for Kanto.
I also don't want GF to keep spamming Legendaries. Though they probably do it for those who just started playing Pokémon. And I don't think Mewtwo should be involved, as he wasn't involved in the originals and Red caught him.

I haven't finished GSC, but I did like PokéSpe Silver. I want to see where he's now, and I want Green to be made canon.

Also, I think Johto should be an integral part of the story. You should have to fight the bad guys in both regions.
Can we have a criminal org who's goal is to take over the League?

There are rumors about this "leak"
Let's go leaks:

>it is a sequel to Yellow
>protagonists are professor blue oak's children
>the rival is red's son on a spiritual journey on behalf of his father
>the starter is depending on which version you chose
>pikachu and eevee get a new evolution
that is all for now...

Would have been better if you played as blue's son/daughter rather than red's and your rival is red's son who is built to be the best among the best and you have to avenge your family's honor lol

Maybe show how red was a hero of kanto while your father was somehow the lame professor blue oak lol

If the new games were to have a whole lot of old legendaries available I like the idea of being sent all over the world post-game by the professor. Maybe he has reports of some huge Pokemon in the Hoenn region for example, so the game sends you to a version of the Sky Pillar that you can't leave except to instantly return to the main region of the game. I like it more than just randomly coming across them through portals or being given them in download events.

Am I the only one bothered by how much older the rival in the artwork seems to be compared to the protagonists? He looks about as old as Red/Blue in SM.

Would have been better if you played as blue's son/daughter rather than red's and your rival is red's son
That's what it says.

SinnohEevee said:
Can we have a criminal org who's goal is to take over the League?
That could work by incorporating Go's "fight over gyms" feature. The villains would attempt to seize all the gyms and the Pokemon therein that belonged to various trainers.

[

May I ask why these leaks exist from
The Chinese in the first place, if working for gamefreak or close to the company why do these people break their NDA and contracts and post stuff on 4chan / other forums ? How is this stuff even getting online ?

Last edited by a moderator:
May I ask why these leaks exist from
The Chinese in the first place, if working for gamefreak or close to the company why do these people break their NDA and contracts and post stuff on 4chan / other forums ? How is this stuff even getting online ?
Actually, after ultra sun and moon, you hardly saw any leak out from there. A lot of statements were merely fabrications out of nothing. Even some people took their jokes as real leaks.

True enough. Apart from the Riddler talking about a reboot in a vague way, we didn't get anything from the Chinese side... Except for possibly the Lapras picture and now the Pikachu model.

IMG_6919.jpg

Pokemon for Nintendo Switch Speculation Thread 3 | Pokémon Switch is never coming lmao

There's no need to expand when you recycle stuff (Pokemon modelings, etc) generation after generation.
While it's true some elements like concepts and coding for battles are reused, I think this is an unfair assessment.
  • Previous Pokemon are put into every following game, but only just recently have they begun using 3D models. From Gens 1-5, every Pokemon had a new sprite created, and Gen 6 created new models. And that's skipping over how every generation has added in dozens more Pokemon.
  • Previous moves are put into every following game, but they all get new animations as well. (Not to mention how some moves are altered for balance, and, like Pokemon, they've had new additions as well)
  • Characters and locations might be reused, but graphics have been constantly upgraded, sometimes even mid-generation, so they still have to be remade in the new style.
It's kind of like saying the Mario games recycle stuff from the original SMB. Using established concepts isn't really "recycling" so much as it is adhering to established lore.

So emily is saying it's this month? we should have something by tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom