• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon - Let's Go! Play a game from a previous generation because this new game sounds like it's about to blow

Just kidding. So now we get to explore more than one region, but Kanto will still be broken up? Does GF have a fetish for islands?

AU games with random changes. Let's hope that Game Freak aren't that desperate.

IncineROAR said:
So now we get to explore more than one region, but Kanto will still be broken up? Does GF have a fetish for islands?
Let's not believe random rumors with no basis.

I read that he gossiped about Masuda from other Chinese people, instead of making it up myself.
They were the same people who said he resigned.
Apparently I won't trust the same people again.

I agree that I should stop spreading Chinese rumors/ leaks from now on.
Not like they leak much nowadays anyway.

Agreed, I think some of you may remember (or totally forgot lol) when I helping translate every message of Chinese's riddler back in SM.

One of the most important thing he said that I still remember is how "the leak" get out. Gen 7 is the first time Pokemon Company open a new division in China, so their employees are very new, Pokemon Company needs time to train those people => easier to get information leaked. But after that time (usually 1-2 years later), everything is now in its way => harder or even no leak at all.

Riddler was "a friend" get "job" to build up hype/tease information for Chinese's fans. He only gets to know what the team wants him to know => he may be misunderstood the information gave to him => this was the reason why his last riddle was turn out to be wrong because he does not directly involve with the development or the translate.

So basically, I hardly trust any "Chinese leak" after SM.

Not the Go model... Go models are pretty much exactly the same as the regular game models anyway, just with a better render- it does look like a modified version of that model, though.

If that Eevee prototype were real (meaning that its GO model isn't the same) and if every Pokemon were to get a model redesign for the upcoming games, it would make me believe that the rumor that states that only Kanto Pokemon will be featured is real. Redesigning 151 Pokemon in 3D is hard enough.

If that Eevee prototype were real (meaning that its GO model isn't the same) and if every Pokemon were to get a model redesign for the upcoming games, it would make me believe that the rumor that states that only Kanto Pokemon will be featured is real. Redesigning 151 Pokemon in 3D is hard enough.
I doubt that every pokemon is going to get a model redesign in the upcoming games- I can see just Pikachu and Eevee receiving updated animations for their models for the sake of cut scenes and possibly trainer interaction due to being LGPE's mascots/starters/focus, though. The models we've seen for Pikachu and Eevee so far don't appear to have been drastically altered, even, just slightly edited to give them more expression, movement and to turn their heads, pretty much. Also better rendered than the 3DS, of course.

I doubt that every pokemon is going to get a model redesign in the upcoming games- I can see just Pikachu and Eevee receiving updated animations for their models for the sake of cut scenes and possibly trainer interaction due to being LGPE's mascots/starters/focus, though. The models we've seen for Pikachu and Eevee so far don't appear to have been drastically altered, even, just slightly edited to give them more expression, movement and to turn their heads, pretty much. Also better rendered than the 3DS, of course.

And that's the reason I included the second conditional in both my if-clauses :)

Lifting the textures from Go (for the first four generations) and keeping the others unchanged would be far better than leaving out any Pokemon altogether. But chances are that Game Freak don't mind the current textures and will only update a few, rather like how Creatures only replaced a select few of the N64 models for PBR.

Actually, the models seen in the Gen 7 games are already HD, they only look a little pixelated because of the 3DS.

An AU could be fairly interesting if done well. In a way, they kinda already teased this concept with the Rainbow Rocket episode. If the leak is legit, then Red (either AU/son, or whatever) as a rival I hope could indicate a much more dedicated difficulty. It's Red as a rival for Arceus's sake.

If the concept theme is role reversal, then I wonder what other characters that would extend to? If TR returns, what changes would there be for them, for Gym leaders, etc? A sequel would actually be easier in this regard than a re-imagining, since you're just building off of character development that has already taken place.

The problem is that the colors tend to look washed out, but that was their choice, so...

El_ said:
An AU could be fairly interesting if done well.
It wasn't done well in Movie 20 or USUM. In each case, we just got a bunch of random changes that didn't amount to much because the original story was overridden. In USUM's case, it was an excuse to keep most of the main story unchanged.

I have no idea what people like about Rainbow Rocket, either. The premise of villains accomplishing goals loses its appeal as soon as you defeat all of them within an hour.

If the leak is legit,
The artist has confessed to faking it.

Last edited:
I have no idea what people like about Rainbow Rocket, either. The premise of villains accomplishing goals loses its appeal as soon as you defeat all of them within an hour.

I agree with you on that. I beat each one rather easily, with the Legendary going down to a Z-move. Giovanni was hard only really because of Mewtwo. By the way, my Starmie was pretty much my MVP through RR story. It was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom