• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• ME returns to his hometown to defend it against invasion from Team Galactic. Watch here as he battles against Commander Mars for the second time.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Regarding Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra DLC Spoilers

For users browsing this forum, be aware that you may stumble upon spoilers! Threads that have spoilered information will be tagged as such, but still do take caution.
    Spoiler Embargo will be in place one month from DLC release. This means it will lift on July 17th, 2020.

• IMPORTANT! Outside The Box as well as Entertainment Inc are going through a restructure Friday, July 3rd, 2020! Look here for more information
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Pokemon is based in Japan

And it won't be inconvenient unless you just swear off the internet for whatever ungodly reason
I bet GF would know about American culture. America is one of the biggest markets for the franchise. A lot of Americans will be too busy shopping, going to BBQs, and honoring fallen soldiers to care about a Pokemon game getting announced,

Now with a m̶e̶g̶a̶ Gigantamax
Reaction score
An announcement tomorrow will be heavily inconvenient for the American audience.
A forethought, I do agree that there probably won’t be an announcement tomorrow.

However, inconvenient? I don’t see how. “Inconvenient” would be on a day like Christmas or Black Friday, where people typically will be extremely busy. But Memorial Day? I know lots of people have cookouts and such things. And have parades. So it’s a day off to honor fallen vets. Me? I’ll literally be sitting at home. It’s actually a much MORE convenient day for Pokémon news to drop. I’ve got nothing going on and if I did, oh no, how will I EVER see the new Pokémon announcement? It’s the same as anyone that happens to be at school or work during an announcement.

It’s just a Pokémon game. Nobody would think it’s insensitive to reveal it on this one particular AMERICAN holiday.

Borderland Sword
Reaction score
I bet GF would know about American culture. America is one of the biggest markets for the franchise. A lot of Americans will be too busy shopping, going to BBQs, and honoring fallen soldiers to care about a Pokemon game getting announced,
That sounds like a personal problem, not Game Freak's. It ain't like the announcement is gonna combust and they will have no way to ever know there was an announcement after they get home from wherever

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
It's Memorial Day. One of the biggest holidays in the United States.
I didn't even know Memorial Day was this Monday until my mom told me yesterday evening on the phone (and it only even got mentioned because we were talking about me looking for days to go shopping, and Memorial Day some places are closed). I would hardly call it one of the biggest holidays. Besides, this is a Japanese company, such a holiday as this won't effect them, and really it shouldn't.

Laid to Wake
Reaction score
However, inconvenient? I don’t see how. “Inconvenient” would be on a day like Christmas or Black Friday, where people typically will be extremely busy. But Memorial Day? I know lots of people have cookouts and such things. And have parades. So it’s a day off to honor fallen vets. Me? I’ll literally be sitting at home. It’s actually a much MORE convenient day for Pokémon news to drop. I’ve got nothing going on and if I did, oh no, how will I EVER see the new Pokémon announcement? It’s the same as anyone that happens to be at school or work during an announcement.
Moreover... it kind of bewilders me to think that our capacity for multitasking could have shrunk so much that one can’t read a tweet about an announcement and then retweet about how hyped they are in between bites of cooked chicken, especially with the ubiquity of smartphones. Sure, you’re going to have cookouts and get-togethers and remembrances, but not for literally every waking second of the day.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
That sounds like a personal problem, not Game Freak's. It ain't like the announcement is gonna combust and they will have no way to ever know there was an announcement after they get home from wherever
It will happen. People will be too busy shopping, going to BBQs, and honoring fallen soldiers to care that a Pokemon game has been announced.

Borderland Sword
Reaction score
It will happen. People will be too busy shopping, going to BBQs, and honoring fallen soldiers to care that a Pokemon game has been announced.
Again, personal problems, not Game Freak's~ They don't need to stop everything for one country wherein most people will have no problem turning on a computer or checking their phone for an announcement if they want~

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
What is that abomination?

The B2W2 player character's hat was bad enough as it is, and now we get this monstrosity? Come on, GameFreak, what are you thinking? This better be fake!
Those images were already confirmed to be fake.

Laid to Wake
Reaction score
"America is one of the biggest markets for the franchise"
^ No. Sales have shown that American sales and Japanese sales of the main games are similar.
Well, to be fair, it’s technically still an accurate statement. America is one of the biggest markets for the franchise. It’s just that Japan is also one of the biggest markets for the franchise.

Reaction score
I do find it interesting the text in-game says "Eevee is holding back from falling asleep"(as if it's waiting not to miss the announcement).And the tweet also says "Good night. See you soon Eevee...",which could be a buildup to the announcement.
And of course,following Eevee.

Status
Not open for further replies.