• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Team Gaara; Ahhh okay. I don't doubt that it's another fake still would have been nice to "see" the image if there truly was one.

Who is up for group registration? :p
DeOcGn1X0AAJh_d.png

It's Memorial Day. One of the biggest holidays in the United States.

Nintendo themselves did host a Direct back in 2013 on Memorial Day. Granted, it was Japan exclusive, but it only showcased Monster Hunter 4 and Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies - not nearly on the same scope as something like the Pokémon franchise.

Even so, as other members have stated, Memorial Day isn't as widely celebrated of a holiday as other ones; it's more akin to President's Day or Martin Luther King Jr. Day - something that should theoretically be a major holiday but ultimately translates into a three-day weekend. As such, this might not even stop NoA from releasing the English trailer alongside Japan, assuming the Switch titles are even announced tomorrow.

You know, after reading all the posts in this thread, I think we all need this, specially after today's posts...

EDIT: How do I quote a post? I tried quoting the therapy post and it didn't work.

You know, after reading all the posts in this thread, I think we all need this, specially after today's posts...

EDIT: How do I quote a post? I tried quoting the therapy post and it didn't work.

Click "Reply", +Quote is what you would do to quote multiple people and your posts will show up after you click "Insert Quotes"

just press reply if you just want to quote one post. Quote is only if you want to quote several post.

Once we finally know that a Pokemon Direct is coming (although, I prefer if the trailer came as a surprise to increase the shock of excitement), then we can finally slow down on the leaks. And if you're a leaker, don't you even dare spoil the announcement.

WatchMojo is mostly opinion pieces. (and rather click-baity ones at that) The description on that video says it's just about the top 10 features they want to see, and lists these:
#10. Customizable Characters
#9. Every Pokémon
#8. A Game That’s TailorMade For The Switch
#7. A “Pokémon Snap” Feature
#6. A Better, More Expansive Story
#5. Traveling to Other Regions
#4. A Nuzlocke Difficulty Mode
(it kinda marks them as unknowledgable, considering how #7 makes it seem like they have no clue what the Poke Finder is...)

WatchMojo is mostly opinion pieces. (and rather click-baity ones at that) The description on that video says it's just about the top 10 features they want to see, and lists these:

(it kinda marks them as unknowledgable, considering how #7 makes it seem like they have no clue what the Poke Finder is...)
Yeah,I'm just saying it's weird how they showed a Pikachu and an Eevee as the thumbnail,and this was months ago.

(And given the story elements added in USUM, like the Ultra Recon Squad, Necrozma's alternate forms, and Rainbow Rocket, I think it's more likely to be "canon" of the two)

While that is true, they could easily get around all of this stuff if they wanted to branch off from SM’s ending. The URS and RR Giovanni himself clearly have the ability to travel across dimensions, so they should be able to pop up wherever, and Necrozma’s lore is most likely going to be completely irrelevant to whatever the next games are (having to buy a piece of Ultranecrozium Z certainly won’t be any stranger than having to buy the Blue and Red Orbs from an antique shop in the Alola games), and even if it isn’t, the fact that we’re dealing with a multiverse would cancel out most of the issues. Even if Necrozma’s history in the SM timeline is different, it should still have the capability of fusing with Solgaleo and Lunala. There was nothing inherently special about the Necrozma in USUM that allowed it to do that, and they can just have SM’s Colress show up again to look at it and invent the N-fusers for “that” timeline.

Plus, half these "must-haves" are either unrealistic AF, or super vague~

banking on tuesday being the announcement of the direct, with the actual direct happening on thursday

I do hope the first trailer will tell us more than we already potentially might know

although finally having confirmation on the games is exciting. We're almosttt there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom