• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hopefully we get blue as our rival then or at least someone like blue and not the opposite gender. Also I am probably getting Pokemon Let's go Pikachu since Pokemon Yellow was my first game and I still have it! Also since Eevee is confirmed not to evolve as well.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
They were nothing more than fan service.
It just comes down to individual opinions. I personally prefer Rainbow Rocket to the regular one.

But having Regular Team Rocket in these games increases the chances of them being straight up Remakes with no major changes, which imo is a worse case scenario then having a Rainbow Rocket story in Kanto.

This might also lessen the chances of cameos like Lillie and Lusamine.

Reaction score
It just comes down to individual opinions. I personally prefer Rainbow Rocket to the regular one.

But having Regular Team Rocket in these games increases the chances of them being straight up Remakes with no major changes, which imo is a worse case scenario then having a Rainbow Rocket story in Kanto.

This might also lessen the chances of cameos like Lillie and Lusamine.
I honestly now would rather Lillie alone or with Lusamine to cameo in the new Gen now at this point.

Angelic Seed
Reaction score
In my opinion, Kalos and Alola definitely do stand on their own and merely have more apparent nods to Kanto than the other games. At least the region design, newly introduced Pokemon, and culture reflected the basis of both regions quite well.
Oh no, don't get me wrong. I love Alola in particular, and am enjoying an increase on Game Freak focusing more on the culture those regions represent. But some of the Kanto allusions just felt distracting and kind of forced, at least to me. (Plus, the introduction of less Pokemon means they were leaning more on older Pokemon, with a spotlight kind of placed on Kantonian ones at times.) I would just prefer less focus on the old and more on the new.

more afraid of you
Reaction score
I hope this isn't the Gen 8 graphics...

Seems like Eevee is getting its cry updated similar to Pikachu, wonder if that will find its way into the regular games. Holding out a tiny amount of hope that the extra Pokemon is a flying-type Eevee, and that the announcement can go with the movie, but seems pretty unlikely if you can't evolve your starter.

Probably will be skipping this game, and so happy USUM and online play will still be relevant for another year!

Reaction score
If interested in these games just chill and wait for gamexplain 1-2 hour analysis and then Nintendo Treehouse Broadcasts for new information.

more afraid of you
Reaction score
Still. I wonder what was their thought process when they decided to use a more outdated style than their most recent 3DS games.
It just seems to lend towards this game being much more aimed towards kids, which is somewhat contradictory since its Kanto and its Go connected. I imagine it was quicker to have this less life-like graphics, it reminds me a bit of the Anime's step back too. Probably easier to have action, etc.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Is the pricing of these games confirmed to be $60 each?
I'm definitely not paying $60 for Kanto in the XY/ORAS engine.

These games better include new forms and Pokemon to sell it.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
it reminds me a bit of the Anime's step back too. Probably easier to have action, etc.
I'm not much familiar with animation and models, but I think anime drawing and 3D models work differently in that department.

It just seems to lend towards this game being much more aimed towards kids,
Being aimed at kids =/ older art style. I'm pretty sure XY MCs are older than SM's.

Reaction score
Nah the graphics are for sure worse than they were in gen 7
Not the graphics, i mean did you watch the trailer it looks pretty neat, just the style art is worse than Sun/Moon. But yeah you will surely see the difference when you play it on your TV. That said, i‘m not fan of this style, but it looks all pretty polished.

Status
Not open for further replies.