• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ'ꜱ ᴘᴏɴᴅ, ᴊᴀᴍᴇꜱ ᴘᴏɴᴅ
Reaction score
All I want is for Game Freak not to rush these like they did Sun & Moon, and then in 2020 release "Pokemon: Ultra 2019." Please.

Reaction score
Still. I wonder what was their thought process when they decided to use a more outdated style than their most recent 3DS games.
Probably because Kanto is grid-based, so they didn't want to change that. I kinda wish they did, but the world looks nice regardless.

I just hope they don't do what XY and ORAS did where you can't use 360 movement indoors.

Monoceros
Reaction score
I might--emphasis on might--pick up Let's Go, Eevee, as I have a soft spot for the little guy. But these don't grab my attention at all. I haven't started Go! so that feature doesn't mean much to me and Kanto quite frankly bores me.

Glad to hear that I can hold onto my cash for a while yet. 2019 looks like it's going to be a great year.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
i mean did you watch the trailer it looks pretty neat
It looks great, but I'm just not a fan of the chibi characters when we've just had games without the chibi-ness. And the fact that we're supposed to pay more for an outdated art style with possibly less new content is also a factor.

Eggseggs Eggseggs
Reaction score
TOLD YOU ALL!
What? That LGP and LGE were real? Like 90% of us knew that much. Or do you mean something else? The amount of Go integration?

What a joke.

No online, no wild battles, simple remakes... yeah this was definitely not worth all the wait lmao.
I was going to ask how we know there are no wild battles, but I took another look and yeah that looks like what it is. That's honestly really lame and disappointing.

No. LGPE seem to be to Yellow as USUM were to SM, except the protagonists are new for whatever reason.

This is the main reason I've lost interest in these games.
I don't think we have gotten confirmation of this being a simple remake though?

With the wild battles being gone combined with the news about no evolving for Eevee and Pikachu and what looks to be nothing but the original 151 Pokemon this is way worse than I thought honestly. Somehow I still haven't completely lost interest though. I do wonder if there is a new story and what it is if so. I think I might just be running on the fumes from the trailer though. Honestly other than that I don't see much of anything here to be excited for.

Oh well that's interesting. If it's from before the Switch I think there is little to no chance Gen 8 will have Let's Go influences.

Reaction score
Not the graphics, i mean did you watch the trailer it looks pretty neat, just the style art is worse than Sun/Moon. But yeah you will surely see the difference when you play it on your TV. That said, i‘m not fan of this style, but it looks all pretty polished.
Agreed...I'm definitely sure Gen 8 won't look like this....Gen 7 was fantastic in character models this is most likely for this game.

Reaction score
It looks great, but I'm just not a fan of the chibi characters when we've just had games without the chibi-ness. And the fact that we're supposed to pay more for an outdated art style with possibly less new content is also a factor.
Yeah also not a fan, i was very happy when they finally got rid of the chibi style in Sun/Moon. But have no concerns, chibi style surely won‘t be in 2019 Games. I think Chibi style here is for nostalgia purposes. Do people really think kids care, if the characters are chibi or not? Well I didn‘t thought about these things when i played the games as a child.

Reaction score
I'm glad to see reception has been positive outside of community bubbles

I find it hard to bash these games when we know we have gen 8 proper right around the corner. I'm actually happy LGPE exists as it means we likely won't be seeing GO affect out usual mainline games all that much

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Imo these games should be priced $50 each at the maximum. They have graphics on par with the first 3DS games (and XY arguably brought more content to the table with 60+ new Pokemon, a new region and Megas).

So I'll most probably get Let's Go Eevee (which will most probably have unevolved Eevee + Raichu – my favourite combo) when Generation 8 releases for the Switch. And a used copy sonits cheaper.

I refuse to buy these games at the same price as something like Super Mario Odyssey.

They look cute. I like the art style and they got me hyped. But I just can not afford to spend $60 on such games. That is why I'm playing them used instead of passing them.
I hope these are good games and can prove their worth to me.

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Not the graphics, i mean did you watch the trailer it looks pretty neat, just the style art is worse than Sun/Moon. But yeah you will surely see the difference when you play it on your TV. That said, i‘m not fan of this style, but it looks all pretty polished.
Tbh, once/if I get a Switch, I have no intention of using it outside of handheld mode. I already have an Xbox One and PS4 for my TV

Three raccoons in a trench coat
Reaction score
Okay, so we have:
  1. Pikachu and Eevee which cannot evolve
  2. Only the OG 151 (and Alolan forms)
  3. No wild battles
  4. That stupid "CP" garbage from GO
  5. No bikes on the CYCLING ROAD
  6. Having to move the physical console when in handheld mode to throw a ball, no touchscreen option.
  7. Multiple Pokemon riding and all 151 can follow you (Had to throw a good one in)
That's it. I know this may come off as an "extreme" reaction, but I just don't care. It has been 3 hours and I am done. See you good people in 2019.

Attachments

Reaction score
Also, where's did this anger for lack of wild battles come form? It was one of the most tedious things in pokemon. It's really not making you lose much, so why is it anger inducing? You don't even have to wander aimlessly in grass now to find rare pokemon, just wait for them to pop up

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Imo these games should be priced $50 each at the maximum. They have graphics on par with the first 3DS games (and XY arguably brought more content to the table with 60+ new Pokemon, a new region and Megas).

So I'll most probably get Let's Go Eevee (which will most probably have unevolved Eevee + Raichu – my favourite combo) when Generation 8 releases for the Switch. And a used copy sonits cheaper.

I refuse to buy these games at the same price as something like Super Mario Odyssey.

They look cute. I like the art style and they got me hyped. But I just can not afford to spend $60 on such games. That is why I'm playing them used instead of passing them.
I hope these are good games and can prove their worth to me.
If anything it should be around $15, it's basically a glorified indy title

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
and Alolan forms
They’re available in the games themselves or transfer-exclusive from Pokemon GO?

Also, where's did this anger for lack of wild battles come form? It was one of the most tedious things in pokemon. It's really not making you lose much, so why is it anger inducing? You don't even have to wander aimlessly in grass now to find rare pokemon, just wait for them to pop up
I think it’s because of levelling up and experience by battling wild Pokémon.

Unregistered User
Reaction score
How exactly are we going to grind? there's only a certain amount of trainers.

Status
Not open for further replies.