• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia92

Eye of the Swan
Reaction score
Gee, peeps, don’t be so stressed out about not being able to grind with wild Pokémon yet. Maybe there will be some feature in the games that will let you level up in some other way and/or fight Trainers multiple times instead, like the Vs. Seeker from Fire Red / Leaf Green. That would allow you to level up your Pokémon faster, as well as get some extra money for stuff. I would be totally fine with that compromise, so I can spare the money that I would have used for hundreds of Repels to trek the region in search of rebattleable Trainers while riding my Pokémon. I mean, doesn’t that sound actually cool? :3

I’m also fine with a limited pool of Pokémon and the chibi graphics. They look really adorable and clear, and walking Pokémon is something I’ve been waiting to see again in forever.

I may not buy them on launch time due to having many other things I need to buy first, but these games are definitely on my checklist.

EmpoleonProd

Empoleon Fanatic
Reaction score
The male protagonist looks 100% like a modern vision of a young Red. The girl could pass as Leaf with a new hairdo, or they'll pull a Lyra and the girl will be new.

They don't look like "different" protags per say, they just look slightly different in appearance.

Icy Wind

*Shivers*
Reaction score
Gee, peeps, don’t be so stressed out about not being able to grind with wild Pokémon yet. Maybe there will be some feature in the games that will let you level up in some other way and/or fight Trainers multiple times instead, like the Vs. Seeker from Fire Red / Leaf Green.
We had both the Vs seeker and wild pokemon in FRLG. Why can’t we have both in this one too?

Cresselia92 said:
I would be totally fine with that compromise, so I can spare the money that I would have used for hundreds of Repels to trek the region in search of rebattleable Trainers while riding my Pokémon. I mean, doesn’t that sound actually cool? :3
Repels are cheap, and getting money in pokemon games was never hard.

Scarftail

Tail Slap
Reaction score
The E3 games were given a tentative "2018 or later" release date. I doubt that there was ever a chance of the next generation being released this year.

Not to mention that Masuda, the LGPE director, is a veteran.
But Nintendo confirmed here that the E3 announcement was referring to the 2019 game. And didn't Game Freak say that it was "challenging" to make the game and that there are "high expectations" for it in reference to the game Nintendo teased? Surely, they weren't talking about Let's Go.

Last edited:

Joker901

Reaction score
But Nintendo confirmed here that the E3 announcement was referring to the 2019 game. And didn't Game Freak say that it was "challenging" to make the game and that there are "high expectations" for it? Surely, they weren't talking about Let's Go.
So it's for next year that Masuda said he hopes people don't get their expectations too high? Encouraging...

Scarftail

Tail Slap
Reaction score
So it's for next year that Masuda said he hopes people don't get their expectations too high? Encouraging...
In the same breath, Ohmori said that they "will do their best to make a game that lives up to the expectations". That's just Masuda's personal view on a game he may not even be is not directing and more of a "it's not Zelda" statement.

Last edited:

Joker901

Reaction score
Oh god...I just noticed that we are back to floating stairs...why GF? We can stand a remake where things don't look exactly like the original games, come on...
Immagine.png

Silktree

Hardship
Reaction score
The male protagonist looks 100% like a modern vision of a young Red. The girl could pass as Leaf with a new hairdo, or they'll pull a Lyra and the girl will be new.

They don't look like "different" protags per say, they just look slightly different in appearance.
They look different to me, and the logo leaker who got everything else right said that Red is an NPC. Maybe the protagonist is Red's sibling, who just so happens to take his place at a younger age. Awful.

Icy Wind said:
I think the most insulting part of that trailer is “Your first adventure in a new style”.
There are two ways of interpreting that:

"(Your first adventure) in a new style."

"Your first (adventure in a new style)."

Reaction score
What? That LGP and LGE were real? Like 90% of us knew that much. Or do you mean something else? The amount of Go integration?
Go integration... Anyone looking back on my posts knows I've been preaching! Posters in this thread are all in their own world... This time next week, EVERYONE will claim they knew! ;)

Lol, sorry, but that response rubs me wrong.. Again, look back..

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I’m warming up to these games now, little by little. The art style, though a reminder of XY’s seems charming.
And the Mewtwo cutscene is the highlight imo.

The games could have been better but they’re perfect for many people. I think they’ll be on my checklist.

The game is a mixed bag for me- like a grey character in a novel.
It has both glaring flaws and a cute charm.

Joker901

Reaction score
I think the most insulting part of that trailer is “Your first adventure in a new style”.

Like, do they realize that not everyone started with red and blue?
Unless that does not refer to Kanto but simply means that this is just the first game to use those patterns and that next games will follow them, which sounds like despair to me.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Or maybe they want to say that it’s our first adventure on the Switch in a new style.

The protagonist looks more like Ash than Red to me imo, and given that Yellow is supposed to be inspired by the anime...

EmpoleonProd

Empoleon Fanatic
Reaction score

Like, do they realize that not everyone started with red and blue?
Or maybe they want to say that it’s our first adventure on the Switch in a new style.

The protagonist looks more like Ash than Red to me imo, and given that Yellow is supposed to be inspired by the anime...
Yellow was inspired partially by the anime, yet Red was retroactively associated with Yellow based on his design in GSC being EXACTLY that in Yellow, but mirrored, and his team being based on special Pokemon you could only receive one of (or two of with Snorlax) in Yellow, and regarding the Snorlax, one was missing in the Johto games, as a clear reference to Red/the player catching the other in the Kanto games. I think in the end, it's headcanon whether you want to see this as Red, or Ash at this point, unless one or the other (mostly Red), does in fact show up as an NPC in this game, which I doubt.

Joker901

Reaction score
From serebii: Edit @ 04:44: The controls for catching Pokémon in handheld mode will have you moving the console using the gyro with no touch control.
If this cannot be turned off people will destroy their consoles catching pokemon. Smart move from Ninentendo to sell more switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.