• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, it's real. Wanting to have my say on this but just waited whether it was gonna be a real thing or not admist the leak mayhem.

Overall looks like a neat title. Looks on par with the 3DS titles with a few unique charms to give it it's Switch feel. Seeing Pikachu being on your shoulder or Eevee on the top of your head is so adorable.
The Chibi style also (IMO) looks a lot better than say OR/AS.

The Go mechanic was gonna inevitably be put in but I'll admit I've never played Go at all so this'll be something new for me (unless there's a way where you can just press buttons like the good old days, heh heh)

Not too fussed about there being only the original 151 Pokemon. I mean there are some Alolan ones (considering this is still Gen 7 btw) but would have been nice if there were some Pokemon from other regions to make it feel more bustling.

Battle system looks neat. A nice mixture of old and new and gives a pretty good look as to what it might be like for the future of the series.

The story side is what I'm interested at. If this is supposed to be a continuation of the Yellow/original games I'm interested to see what they have to offer.

Obviously this isn't the main title since Gen 8 is still in development as I speak but I'm fine with that. I'd say they should spend as much time on making it as high quality of a debut for the main series so having another spinoff to keep the other fans happy is fine by me.

Also that PokeBall thingy intrigues me too.

Overall looks set to be a neat debut on the Switch. Not exactly gonna set Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or any other better looking Switch titles on fire but still gets the job done.
see? thats why you dont complain anything because its your first time of watching pokemon go mechanics but prefer original formula

I somewhat agree, but I also wouldn't go so far as to paint a general consensus over everybody because of what you personally feel. There's obviously some of us that are considering getting these games and are interested, so your generalization isn't fair at all.
Maybe I was not clear enough...I didn't say people will not buy the games because of gen 8 next year. I said that people are already looking for news for next year games when this year games were just announced and we don't know much about them. And I'm the first one...
Imo this is not a good marketing move, at least for let'g go games. It's even weird that they announced next gen today. I'm sorry but from my point of view, this keeps sounding like "sorry for these other games, we're making other new ones", basically what happened last year 2.0.

Too bad i’m not one those people.

Nice whataboutism though.

If you thought I was referrng specifically to you, you're wrong. What you said though mirrors what I've seen people say and those people were the ones that I was referring to.

Obviously, you and @Bolt the Cat don't like me very much on a personal level, so you can just kindly block me and don't even bother with me instead of picking on me. Have a good day.(y)

Obviously, you and @Bolt the Cat don't like me very much on a personal level, so you can just kindly block me and don't even bother with me instead of picking on me. Have a good day.(y)
Let’s not do this please.

I don’t have anything against you on a personal level, please don’t assume that.

Last edited:
I have to pretend like I will enjoy training a Golbat that can never evolve... or starting with a cute Eevee that can never evolve into my...favourite..Pokémon? Ok. So the evolution Pokémon has been stripped of it's concept? Lol.

- No Jolteon apparently............................................. WHY.
IIRC In the Q&A they asked Masuda and he confirmed you can catch another Eevee in the wild and evolve it.

I’m not sure how easy having two modes would be to implement, but if they’re making two different models (LGPE being easier/influenced by GO, and Gen 8 more like the traditional games) I can understand why they wouldn’t place the two modes in LGPE.

So I think people are misunderstanding why there are so many annoyed with this.

We had Kanto galore for all but one of the 3DS games, and that’s because the game was a remake of another old region. So we’ve had Kanto plenty, without visiting it. So many didn’t want more Kanto without something more.

But what it looks like is a type of yellow remake. So we’re getting Kanto, with kanto Pokémon. And it’s the first game on the switch. We wanted a reason to buy a switch, but this isn’t it.

The game looks cute and it’ll be enjoyable to play, but it’s not what makes us want to buy a switch, or excited for this console system. It’s just a cute game that’ll be nice to buy and play after we have a reason to get a switch.

It’s A cute game, not groundbreaking, so it doesn’t give that reason to spend the money on over other things. Like books. I can get a lot of pretty books for the price of the switch. Or spoil my nephew.

IIRC In the Q&A they asked Masuda and he confirmed you can catch another Eevee in the wild and evolve it.

Thanks for that info!! Although I'm guessing the Eevee we can catch in the wild and evolve likely won't sit on our heads :( I guess I can settle for Jolteon running behind me in stead haha.

Thanks for that info!! Although I'm guessing the Eevee we can catch in the wild and evolve likely won't sit on our heads :( I guess I can settle for Jolteon running behind me in stead haha.

I know in the original Yellow, you could trade your starter Pikachu to RBY, evolve it, and trade it back. It wouldn't follow you anymore because of the basic ancient nature of that game, but if you can trade your starter in this game, I'm sure it would as every Pokemon appears to have an overworld model. So if you have to have it be your starter that becomes a Jolteon, which is 100% understandable, that should hopefuly be an option, if they trade-locked the starters that would be incredibly nasty of them.

I know in the original Yellow, you could trade your starter Pikachu to RBY, evolve it, and trade it back. It wouldn't follow you anymore because of the basic ancient nature of that game, but if you can trade your starter in this game, I'm sure it would as every Pokemon appears to have an overworld model. So if you have to have it be your starter that becomes a Jolteon, which is 100% understandable, that should hopefuly be an option, if they trade-locked the starters that would be incredibly nasty of them.
I seriously doubt we can trade the mascots.

This is probably the last thing on anybody's mind, but...
Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 9.14.25 pm.png

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or does it look like they may be returning to the classic colour schemes from Gens III to V?
The whole trailer looked a lot more vivid than the colouring from the 3DS games.

I will lol if KH3 will be out in November. For sure if I have to choose between it and let’s go i’ll go for kh. Let’s go is really a money grabber born in few months only to make easy money thanks to casuals

Trade too which game? Pokebank will not be available, since this is only the OG 151 and you can trade from Go to the Switch, but i doubt we can do the reverse, else it makes Go absolete if we can catch Pokemon in game and trade them to go. So you cannot even trade the Pokemon too begin with.

Which means the only way to obtain the trade evolutions is via Go, since i don't know if we can trade between both versions (And even then you cannot evolve your starter, since it defeats the purpose of Eevee and Pikachu being on the head or shoulder).

This is probably the last thing on anybody's mind, but...
View attachment 110517
Are my eyes playing tricks on me or does it look like they may be returning to the classic colour schemes from Gens III to V?

This is great news, Gen 6 and Gen 7 gave all the Pokemon incredibly pale and bland color pallets, this is a nice return to the GBA and DS colorizations.

Trade too which game? Pokebank will not be available, since this is only the OG 151 and you can trade from Go to the Switch, but i doubt we can do the reverse, else it makes Go absolete if we can catch Pokemon in game and trade them to go. So you cannot even trade the Pokemon too begin with.

Which means the only way to obtain the trade evolutions is via Go.

Uhhh, other copies of Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee, obviously? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom