• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll probably just go in order.

Let's Go Togepi/Marill
Let's Go Skitty/Ralts
Let's Go Riolu/Munchlax
Let's Go Axew/Litwick
Let's Go Flabebe/Goomy
Let's Go Rockruff/Mikikyu
I actually thought this would be something they would do. However, I think some of your Pokémon might be different than the ones I would’ve gone with.
I doubt they’d do Togepi, a baby Pokémon, along with Marill. Also, that’s 2 fairy types.
I honestly didn’t know what to think of for gen 3 so your choices seem ok.
My first thought for gen 4 was Riolu and Shinx, but Munchlax works as well.
Axew, yes. And as much as I love Litwick, I feel like they’d rather go with Zorua.
Gen 6 I had no idea, except maybe Litleo due to its design. Idk, Flabebe and Goomy just don’t seem rightto me...
Gen 7 perfect.

‘Haters’ or people who don’t want to pay $60 for XY- Kanto edition?

Using the chibi style from a generation ago is the most glaring thing I’ve noticed in the games.
SEE THATS I REFER FOR THAT? FOR A GLORIFIED POKEMON GO SEQUEL BECAUSE SUPPOSEDLY ITS NOT ENOUGHT IN SMARTPHONES

Listen,
Were we expecting a remake of a remake as the first title on the switch? No.
Were we expecting grid based? No.
Were we expecting chibi style? No.
Were we expecting floating stairs? No.
Were we expecting Kanto to be exactly the same? No.
Were we expecting trees blocking the routes? No.
Why exactly should we expect them to introduce the other pokemon?

What you didn't get is that these games were not made for traditional fans, these games purpose is to bring casual players (who only know gen 1 pokemon) to the serie. They said it ("2019 core RPG (untitled) is set to be "in the style of X and Y and Sun and Moon". This should appease competitive players, with Let's Go! aimed at a broad audience, "a core RPG for everyone") and this is why they announced gen 8 for next year.
this

I don't think that these games are going to be a traditional Gen 8. GF has shown that they are completely willing to break patterns.

If I had to choose one thing from each gen, here's what I would choose:

Gen I: The Pokémon designs? Can't think of anything else.
Gen II: The fact that legendaries had backstories.
Gen III: Battle facilities. I don't use them, but I think people liked that.
Gen IV: A fun online hub. I spent more time playing in the Wi-Fi Plaza than trading/battling.
Gen V: A plot, please. Just don't repeat XY's mistakes.
Gen VI: The PSS. Maybe also the DexNav since everyone is talking about that.
Gen VII: Pokémon Refresh, specially since the benefits are perfect for me since I mainly do mono-line challenges.

EDIT: Also, I would like to continue the trend of the new region being in a different part of the world. Which means, I would like an African, Asian (Not Japanese) or American (Not the States) region.

EDIT 2: I also forgot Poké Ride. Getting rid of HMs was the best thing of Gen VII.

Last edited:
I wonder when they'll announce gen 8. Maybe sometime this year with a teaser? Or maybe sometime after Let's Go?

I can see a few different announcement times. I can see them announcing it between tommorrow (or whenever that "shocking news" is supposed to be released and e3 (possibly at e3), with a little bit of game footage. (I think that seeing footage is possible, because we saw the new Yoshi games a year ago, at e3, and haven't seen them since, and haven't had any base of an announcement date.). But, I do think its more likely that they will just focus on LGPE for e3, and keep it there until those games come out. I can see them doing a title trailer (if they haven't done anything for it yet) spontaneously after LGPE are released, and game footage by February 2019. Idk though, that's just my thoughts.

One thing I did note from the tweet is that they do say "second-half of 2019". Not Holiday 2019, Second-Half. Pokemon has been having Holiday releases for their main games since X and Y. Excluding X and Y, they have all taken place in November. Before that, the last games to have had a release date that was not in the holiday months, was Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. For quite a while, Pokemon games were coming out mostly in September, but Black and White 2 was June. Yeah, they are probably just giving us a vague idea because they don't really know much yet, and I can see them still having it be a Holiday season ga,e, but it might be possible they are pushing fo an early fall, late summer release again. Second half is basically July-December, and while I can't really see July (but oh my god if it was July that would be the coolest thing. My b-day is in July), September seems very likely, because a lot of those games between Ruby and Sapphire, and X and Y, were released in September).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom