• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that Gen 8 will take place in a Spanish region. Mainly because of that one NPC in a town with a lighthouse (can't remember the name at the moment) speak some lines in Spanish. This really reminds me of that backpacker in Kalos who was revealed to be from Alola.
On Route 15 in Unova an NPC called Hiker Kit speaks Italian in both the Japanese and English versions and yet we haven't got a Region based in Italy, so I don't think an NPC speaking a particular language is a hint towards a New Region, more likely it's just GAME FREAK having a bit of fun.
Examples of ways they can make the Pokemon transform into their temporary forms when following you:

Temporary forms that require held items such as Mega Evolution, Primal Reversion and Ultra Burst would require the Pokemon to hold the appropriate held item plus be in a permanent form that can access it. This includes any Pokemon capable of Mega Evolution with their respective Mega Stones, Groudon with the Red Orb, Kyogre with the Blue Orb and Necrozma needing to be in its Dusk Mane or Dawn Wings form while holding the Ultra Necrozium Z.

Temporary forms that don't require held items like Zygarde Complete form and Mega Rayquaza would have other requirements. Rayquaza would need Dragon Ascent in its moveset while Zygarde must have Power Construct as its ability.

Those requirements are meant to avoid confusion among players.
I'd just like to add to this, perhaps when they meet the Requirements the player can interact with them and have them switch between their alternate Forms?
Which would delay Sinnoh remakes till 2021. I know it will be DP's 15th anniversary, but the only games who anniversary matters are Red and Green.
I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what you're trying to say here but 10 years after RG they released DP, so I don't see what's wrong with them releasing DP remakes 25 years after RG.

Inb4 alternate form Mew.

I hope they don't go overboard with their ambitions and try to cram in all sorts of technical upgrades like they did with Gen7.
What I do not want in Gen8:
  • Lag in battles
  • Sacrificing story elements
I'm fine with chibi-forms.
dont develop npc supposedly are likable and over attached in story dont forget that

looks like we really getting a new pokemon in let's go and not a form
DehN0n5XkAAMEz3.jpg

So this is very concerning:

Pokémon Creators Share More Details | Pokemon.com

It's kind of an open secret from talks with games media, and I have to apologize to Nintendo, but at the time I was definitely skeptical about whether Nintendo Switch would be successful. But really thanks to amazing games like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Wild that drove hardware sales, I really felt Nintendo Switch was a good platform.

But of course, since Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! are coming out this year, that means we've been working on them for a little while now. So we definitely had this feeling that we would be able to help drive this platform and increase its sales. So there's that aspect that made us work harder to succeed.

We also saw this as an opportunity to make a Pokémon RPG for everyone, and provide another Pokémon game for those who started with Pokémon GO looking for somewhere to continue their adventure. We looked at this as a really interesting challenge to put Pokémon on a home console and see what we could do with the experience.

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! represent our take on what the home console experience will be. I think you'll see with games coming out in 2019, we've seen how people use Nintendo Switch as a handheld device and we want to see what our take on the Pokémon handheld experience on Nintendo Switch will be.

They pretty much have things backwards here. Casuals probably aren't too interested in a home console experience, they trend more handheld. Whereas some of the more hardcore players are more likely to sit at home playing this on a TV for hours and hours. Furthermore, the hardcore players are the ones clamoring for a BotW type of experience, that's more what people want to see out of a Pokemon console game. So what are they doing to appeal to that gameplay style? Shocking how Game Freak has so fundamentally misread the market.

I need to be convinced they won't abandon the series as we know it. LGP/E stands to be the most successful pokemon game of all time. There is nothing the regular franchise can do to match or surpass it.

I need to be convinced they won't abandon the series as we know it. LGP/E stands to be the most successful pokemon game of all time. There is nothing the regular franchise can do to match or surpass it.
Pokemon Breath of the Wild

Considering the oversimplification and lack of competitive play, I think it's safe to say that Let's Go isn't going to replace the regular main series games. I feel like it may either be a standalone or the start of a side series catering towards people who prefer a much simpler game than the regular core series provides.

Which I kinda find worrying if the regular core series is that complicated for enough people to warrant an overly simplistic side series- what does that say about society? Like... you wanna see complicated? Lemme introduce you to Digimon where your thing can evolve into twenty different things based on multiple different factors and then into twenty other different things and another twenty other different things from that- all while maintaining the ability to evolve back. Pokemon's much more straight forward and toned down by comparison.

But I guess, to be fair, I haven't completed a Pokemon game in years because I find the battles too tedious. You'd think this would make me wanna pick up LGPE, though, but no... quite the opposite. I want battles to be more interesting, not removed from a significant portion of the game.

I think their purpose is to bring new players to the main serie. So, I think it's safe to assume that this gen main games will be "traditional" pokemon games. Anyway, if let's go games actually sell more than 20 milions copies, they may decide to follow those patterns in the future for the main serie too. I hope Pikachu and Eevee will sell well but not that much more than the previous pokemon titles...

On Route 15 in Unova an NPC called Hiker Kit speaks Italian in both the Japanese and English versions and yet we haven't got a Region based in Italy, so I don't think an NPC speaking a particular language is a hint towards a New Region, more likely it's just GAME FREAK having a bit of fun.

I'd just like to add to this, perhaps when they meet the Requirements the player can interact with them and have them switch between their alternate Forms?

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what you're trying to say here but 10 years after RG they released DP, so I don't see what's wrong with them releasing DP remakes 25 years after RG.
I do kind of hope you're right about the language thing, I mostly want the Sri Lanka rumor to become true so we can go to Unova earlier. I know waiting for its remake would be better, but it kind of sucks that remakes for DS games will be delayed because of a game that has already been remade. About the alternates form thing, yeah maybe interacting with the Pokemon will give you an option if you want to change it or not instead of changing it automatically when the said interaction happens.

I think their purpose is to bring new players to the main serie. So, I think it's safe to assume that this gen main games will be "traditional" pokemon games. Anyway, if let's go games actually sell more than 20 milions copies, they may decide to follow those patterns in the future for the main serie too. I hope Pikachu and Eevee will sell well but not that much more than the previous pokemon titles...
I think it's simple diversification- Game Freak is just getting around to making more product lines to appeal to more audiences. Let's Go and the main series may share some elements as a way to make the main series more accessible to the Let's Go market (so we can think of Let's Go as a way of trying to ease Go players into the main series experience) but for the most part they'll stay their own separate things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom