• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean the 2019 game will likely require payments to use online features, too? I’m more interested in the GTS, being able to trade with players and being able to transfer Pokemon.

Ugh. I don’t want to pay for features that we’ve had for free for years, especially when I’m not interested in battles but just simple things like trading Pokemon.

I gave PokeBank a pass because it was made to be compatible with multiple games. There will be people buying the Switch only for Pokemon or, at least, people that won’t buy other Switch games right away, possibly due to financial reasons, so paying an online subscription for a single game doesn’t sound so good.

Also, sucks to hear LGPE requires payments for less features that previous Pokemon main series games.

Isn’t friend code based trading online? I don’t know much about it, but I thought only local trades were non-online.
It is online I think, I misunderstood what you meant. It's an option for filling up the Pokedex other than the absent GTS and Wonder Trade, but presumably not if you don't have paid online.

This just doesnt bode well. I definitely want more information on this game, but Everything about it so far is screaming bare bones casual. Surely they wouldnt make a 60 game have less content and playability than the 40 dollar USUM?

If I was still a kid there is no way my parents would agree to pay extra for online services after I made them pay 360$ or so for a Switch and a game. They would tell me to be happy with what I have. o_O

It took me a long time trying to convince them to get me a Game Boy because I already owned a PlayStation 1 back then. I only got a GBA because a family friend bought it for me along with Pokemon Gold as a gift. It wasn't until Pokemon Emerald that I started buying the games (and a DS later) with my own money from doing miscellaneous things like baby sitting.

I understand that my experience is not necessarily the same as the majority, but I find it hard to believe parents will easily agree to pay for online services so their kids can use the online features of LGPE. Perhaps, they are counting on kids playing locally with their friends and classmates. Still, I don't like the sound of this and I'm worried about what this means for the 2019 game. At least let us trade and transfer Pokemon for free. :(

Last edited:
Honestly, no wonder trade makes me sad.

Also, how are they going to do VGC 2019 if there are no rated battles?
Are we going to use USUM for VGC 2019?

If I was still a kid there is no way my parents would agree to pay extra for online services after I made them pay 360$ or so for a Switch and a game. They would tell me to be happy with what I have. o_O

It took me a long time trying to convince them to get me a Game Boy because I already owned a PlayStation 1 back then. I only got a GBA because a family friend bought it for me along with Pokemon Gold as a gift. It wasn't until Pokemon Emerald that I started buying the games (and a DS later) with my own money from doing miscellaneous things like baby sitting.

I understand that my experience is not necessarily the same as the majority, but I find it hard to believe parents will easily agree to pay for online services so their kids can use the online features of LGPE. Perhaps, they are counting on kids playing locally with their friends and classmates. Still, I don't like the sound of this and I'm worried about what this means for the 2019 game. At least let us trade and transfer Pokemon for free. :(
I didn't even have my own gameboy. I had to share with other people.

I wonder what exactly is 'simplifying' about removing the GTS, specially since a trading system was one of the prime demands of GO fans in Pokemon GO.
the irony of this all that people plays pokemon go doesn t want this game and the game sells his first days of release but are veterans only buy the game and all that focus of make glorified expanded pokemon go its all in vain

Anyone saw this?

ifptpqaqemjzplyxpayf.png

Apparently meowth has a pre-evo and qwilfish has an evolution

This are apparently legit beta designs here is the link:
The Internet Reacts To Those Unused Pokémon Designs

What if they use some of this for future games

I really want baby Meowth and the round tiger-like Pokemon to be added to a future game. Some of the other Gen II beta designs have pretty good concepts as well. They could be turned into great Pokemon if they revisit those ideas and update their designs. Also, I kinda wish to see that version of Murkrow as an alternate form or variant of some sort.

That’s not a new switch. Just a switch without a dock

Ds lite came out 2006 with Gen 4 release

2ds release 2013 when x and y released

2 years after original system released
Dude. None of these are technically “new” systems either. They essentially serve the same function with the small fact that they shaved like 20 dollars off the 2ds by getting rid of the 3d. Something that was completely pointless considering that the 3d in the 3ds was optional in the first place.
This just doesnt bode well. I definitely want more information on this game, but Everything about it so far is screaming bare bones casual. Surely they wouldnt make a 60 game have less content and playability than the 40 dollar USUM?
Could we please quit using casual in a negative connotation. It has more than one meaning and I, particularly, am the second meaning (I could care less about the mechanics. Just make sure It’s actually playable, give me a good story, and I’m sold.).

Could we please quit using casual in a negative connotation. It has more than one meaning and I, particularly, am the second meaning (I could care less about the mechanics. Just make sure It’s actually playable, give me a good story, and I’m sold.).

I dont necessarily mean it in a negative way, it's just personally its the opposite direction I would like the series to go. I would have liked the first console pokemon by gamefreak to be a bit meatier like a console JRPG vs more simpler like a mobile game. I get the casual appeal of a simpler type of game, but its just not what I was looking forward too. Im sure I will still enjoy the game though

Why do people always talk about erasing Pokemon, and talk about erasing either Raichu or Jynx so often?
If GF's erasing Raichu or Jynx, they wouldn't appear on merchandise at all.
Jynx even had a Pokemon GO advert poster all on her own during 2016.
Technically they did erase Pokemon. They erased everything except the original 151.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom