• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve literally said that it’s a core RPG for everyone and meant for a wider audience, which screams PR speak for 'casual' to me.

But removing the GTS is a step too far- even the so-called casuals wanted the feature in GO.

I honestly don’t think it’s a big deal, used it only once in XY, haven’t used it since. I wouldn’t mind if they removed this feature from all future games.

I honestly don’t think it’s a big deal, used it only once in XY, haven’t used it since. I wouldn’t mind if they removed this feature from all future games.

I don’t think it’s a positive situation if we’re getting more online features in $40 free online games than in $60 games with a $20 online subscription.

GTS was the absolute only way I could get the other two starters, other box legends, evolve trade evos, and register version exclusives for Gens 5-7. Online trading was a godsend for people without Pokemon playing siblings and friends. No coordination necessary. Just match the trade and go about your business.

Having said that, it needs a severe, severe overhaul. Searching/requesting based on held item if trade evos are to continue, filtering out common Pokemon, more trade options on a screen at once, and automatic trade "flipping" if you and the other party want to help evolve Pokemon or register exclusives without necessarily giving up a particularly good Pokemon you happened to catch or raise. Trading over and trading back is more of a hassle than it should be.

The leaks said theres gonna be a online hub. Have no idea what that means but lets see

GTS was the absolute only way I could get the other two starters, other box legends, evolve trade evos, and register version exclusives for Gens 5-7. Online trading was a godsend for people without Pokemon playing siblings and friends. No coordination necessary. Just match the trade and go about your business.

Having said that, it needs a severe, severe overhaul. Searching/requesting based on held item if trade evos are to continue, filtering out common Pokemon, more trade options on a screen at once, and automatic trade "flipping" if you and the other party want to help evolve Pokemon or register exclusives without necessarily giving up a particularly good Pokemon you happened to catch or raise. Trading over and trading back is more of a hassle than it should be.
All this plus not allowing people to list their desired pokemon as a gender that is utterly impossible.

*hisses at all of the "male ditto" and "male latias" trolls*

Well, it seems we're in a "dead period" for news right now since the games were announced, and people are talking about things they don't like about the games or just talking about stuff I don't care about.

So, I'll talk to you guys again whenever the new Pokémon is revealed, or after E3. Bye for now.

Well, it seems we're in a "dead period" for news right now since the games were announced, and people are talking about things they don't like about the games or just talking about stuff I don't care about.

So, I'll talk to you guys again whenever the new Pokémon is revealed, or after E3. Bye for now.
So long and thanks for not giving us fish.

These games are mainline in the sense that they are Pokemon Yellow VC with updated graphics and a heavy price tag. They have added features which is a plus. I'll get them after a price drop for sure or after the mainline game in 2019.

so... in summary
gf wants make 2 core series
1 series is well know for veterans and its the normal system
2 GO series this series refer his games are Lets go and its other way to play

These games are mainline in the sense that they are Pokemon Yellow VC with updated graphics and a heavy price tag. They have added features which is a plus. I'll get them after a price drop for sure or after the mainline game in 2019.
Like every remake?

Like every remake?
This is true. I don’t get why so many people are trying to “De-canonize” Lets Go to an extent by saying “it’s not really a mainline game” or “It’s practically a spin-off”, when they said specifically “it’s a mainline game”. Are people that mad about it? Can’t they both be “mainline” games? Just because it’s “different” doesn’t mean they can’t be in the same line. This is basically if they put Or/As before X/Y, remake before “new region”.

This is the way I see it. There are the “new region” games, the “remix” games, “sequels”, “ultra variants”, and “Lets Go Variants”. They are all mainline games, you don’t have to put “Lets Go” in a separate line.

That’s just my little rampardos. Lets Go actually looks pretty cool btw. And the new Pokémon is #808 according to PokeXperto. Would that make it Gen 8? After all it’s a new console, and is not compatible with older versions. And one of the Colusseum games had Gen 4 Pokemon before D/P.

This is true. I don’t get why so many people are trying to “De-canonize” Lets Go to an extent by saying “it’s not really a mainline game” or “It’s practically a spin-off”, when they said specifically “it’s a mainline game”. Are people that mad about it? Can’t they both be “mainline” games? Just because it’s “different” doesn’t mean they can’t be in the same line. This is basically if they put Or/As before X/Y, remake before “new region”.

This is the way I see it. There are the “new region” games, the “remix” games, “sequels”, “ultra variants”, and “Lets Go Variants”. They are all mainline games, you don’t have to put “Lets Go” in a separate line.

That’s just my little rampardos. Lets Go actually looks pretty cool btw. And the new Pokémon is #808 according to PokeXperto. Would that make it Gen 8? After all it’s a new console, and is not compatible with older versions. And one of the Colusseum games had Gen 4 Pokemon before D/P.
People are just trying to use the lack of wild battles as a definer of the games being a spin off, even though wild battles wasn't the only thing that made pokemon pokemon, no matter how much they want to act like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom