• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, it’s like Game Freak isn’t even trying to make these games anything but a cash grab aimed at the GO audience. Can’t they at least show us one good thing about this game for E3?

Are there any more streams left for this E3? I expected a trailer with nothing new at the very least...

I dunno, Go players can already get Mew in their games without spending a dime.
And that’s yet another indication of Game Freak making a cash grab.

Speaking of which, has there been any news on what the LGPE game demo is like? For instance, is the catching system 1:1 like Pokémon GO, or are there other/differing factors for affecting how easy/hard catching the Pokémon is?

One thing I'm mildly interested to know is if GO's special pikachus- the witch, santa and party hat ones- will be able to be transferred to Let's Go and whether or not they will retain their hats. Probably won't learn the answer to that until release, though.

Wouldn't convince me to buy either game anyway, but it'd be interesting information, especially if you could send Let's Go pokemon to the 2019 games. Makes me wonder if even the Ash Hat Pikachus could be traded up, or if they're game locked like Cosplay Pikachu was.

...and what about Dusk Lycanroc. =/ Hope that one isn't game locked too. I don't believe Ash-Greninja was, so hopefully we're finally going to be allowing specialty mons to transfer forward rather than holding them back. RIP Cosplay Pikachu and Spiky Eared Pichu.

...and what about Dusk Lycanroc. =/ Hope that one isn't game locked too. I don't believe Ash-Greninja was, so hopefully we're finally going to be allowing specialty mons to transfer forward rather than holding them back. RIP Cosplay Pikachu and Spiky Eared Pichu.

Dusk Lycanroc, like Ash-Greninja, can be put into Pokémon Bank, so in all likelihood we will be able to send it to the next generation games.

Well, the Treehouse presentation solidified the fact that I am buying LGE. It seems like such a clean-looking game with a lot of thought put into it that, honestly, anyone who decides to skip LGPE will be missing out.

Can somebody tell me what they said about LGPE? The only thing I know is the Mew thing and that there's a different rival.
You can’t enter the Pewter gym without having a Grass or Water type.

Last edited:
Can somebody tell me what they said about LGPE? The only thing I know is the Mew thing and that there's a different rival.
They seemed to have gimped levels for trainer's Pokemon and exp yield from trainer battles. The more annoying thing, though, is that you don't see the stat increases when your Pokemon level up, except if they are in battle when they gain the exp that levels them up. And no more Safari Zone, now you get GO Park, which acts as a 1 way transfer between LGPE and GO.

Guess I missed that. I was excited watching the Super Smash Bros. trailer. Guess my first Switch games will be Crash N Sane Trilogy, Breath of the Wild and SSBU. Still not sure about LGPE since nothing has changed my stance on it. Doesn't help that I'm afraid to skip a game since I skipped ORAS but bought USUM.

And no more Safari Zone, now you get GO Park, which acts as a 1 way transfer between LGPE and GO.

To be fair, the wild Pokemon 'battling' mechanics of the whole game are like Safari Zone, so it would be weird if Safari Zone was there.

I also was watching and saw they confirmed that catching Pokemon is gyro control in portable mode, NOT swiping like in Pokemon GO. I think this had already been mentioned around a little bit, because I heard a little bit about it, but it didn't seem to be widespread.

Well, I hope LGPE owners have 'fun' with that, because I can't see the gyro controls being anything but frustrating.

Well, now I will definitely skip LGPE since Octo Expansion beckons me to play it while Smash is too irresistible for me to ignore it.

Smash looks insane and kingdom hearts 3 looks great too. Gonna play these games to kill time for Gen 8 announcement

Absolutely no interest in lgep after today livestream

I find them forcing you to bring a Grass or Water-type to Pewter Gym to be absolutely infuriating- the games were handholdy enough without requiring that you heed type match ups.

I'm rather annoyed by the following mechanic too, because instead of having your pokemon move out of the way when you go to walk past them, they friggin' have it jump into the pokeball and then jump back out. Which makes for a very obnoxious visual. Also noted that following pokemon (and player two) are incapable of simply following the main player through doors and have to teleport when you change screens. Overall, just very annoying to watch with the constant flashes everywhere.

The rival's design is very underwhelming, and hearing that his personality traits include being kind and easily frightened... does not save him whatsoever.

The only real plus was just watching player two fly off the screen whenever you triggered an NPC into talking. XD Whoosh!

But that hilarity aside- feeling no loss on skipping Pokemon: Kids Edition.

Since I lost my living ‘dex two years ago, I’d pick this up for Mew if we’re able to transfer Pokémon from it to Bank. But otherwise, I still have no burning desire to play LGPE; I don’t have issue with the game’s existence, it just doesn’t call to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom