• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's something I fear that they will do with LGPE. I don't want it to happen.
Oh I wouldn't worry about LGPE- if they're successful and they keep making them as a second series, they'll probably follow the generations in order for awhile or find some way to skip ahead. As it is, Pokemon GO already has up to Gen 3, so it's not like GO-players are unfamiliar with some newer pokemon.

That's something I fear that they will do with LGPE. I don't want it to happen.

I think LGPE will only have the first 151 plus one new Pokémon to please the Gen I purists (the rest may be DLC), but other games don't need to suffer because of them. They can stay in their corner and enjoy Kanto in 3D while we can enjoy other Pokémon.

I think LGPE will only have the first 151 plus one new Pokémon to please the Gen I purists (the rest may be DLC), but other games don't need to suffer because of them. They can stay in their corner and enjoy Kanto in 3D while we can enjoy other Pokémon.
I don't think it's so much to please the purists as it is just kind of an introductory Pokemon game? I get the idea that LGPE is pretty much "Here's a game our veterans will love that they can share with their kids, it's simple and full of nostalgia so everyone can enjoy it." and having just 151 pokemon is both nostalgic and underwhelming enough that it can kinda ease people into the franchise.

LGPE?

Wild battles will stay in gen 8, hope so.

I hope only they learn to make better animation for grass moves, where are the visible long vines that hit the target? ( Vine Whip really should get a buff make the target flinch , work like a dual chop, taking that ember cuaes a burn and water gun should have a chance of doing something too)

the animation style of many moves that use vines, spikes, blades , claws , fangs could be done much better and more visible before they hit the target.

also the animation of the electric moves was lame... why didnt the electricity go from attacker to target... it looked really cheap in game.

Last edited:
So i’ve been thinking.

Given how they said that gen 8 isn’t supposed to be an “introductory” game and that it’s designed to appeal to long time fans, will they finally break the stale grass/fire/water trio for the staters? Long time fans don’t exactly need to be reminded of the most basic type matchups.

That would be interesting. But then, what would they use?
I vote for Rock/Flying/Fighting. Same super effective/not very effective matchup as the Grass/Fire/Water trio, with the advantage of being fresh(well, maybe not for the fighting part xD).

Last edited:
I vote for Rock/Flying/Fighting. Same super effective/not very effective matchup as the Grass/Fire/Water trio, with the advantage of being fresh.
I feel like we'll probably still get the basic Fire/Water/Grass trio... plus I really don't want any fighting-types this time around. XD No fighting types, no fighting motifs... we can take a break from fighting and anything that looks like it should be fighting for a generation. Breather time.

I feel like we'll probably still get the basic Fire/Water/Grass trio... plus I really don't want any fighting-types this time around. XD No fighting types, no fighting motifs... we can take a break from fighting and anything that looks like it should be fighting for a generation. Breather time.
I agree, i just said fighting because it wouldn’t be a “complete” triangle without it.

That being said, maybe they shouldn’t make a triangle at all. Give us random types that have nothing to do with each other like Ice/Psychic/Fairy or something. Anything would feel fresher than Grass/Fire/Water at this point.

If Gamefreak were to use another type triangle, it should be just like Grass/Fire/Water imo - three types that are super-effective against one type while resisting the other. That leaves them with Fighting/Flying/Rock, Rock/Steel/Fire, or Grass/Poison/Ground. Each starter should be able to damage the other two.

Last edited:
If there's a starter triangle that's not Grass/Fire/Water, I would like to see Dark/Fighting/Psychic. It would just be interesting to have those three at the start of the game instead of much later no matter what case it is.

If Gamefreak were to use another type triangle, it should be just like Grass/Fire/Water imo - three types that are super-effective against one type while resisting the other. That leaves them with Fighting/Flying/Rock, Rock/Steel/Fire, or Grass/Poison/Ground. Each starter should be able to damage the other two.
=/ Agreed, but not a fan of any of those sets... got the Fighting issue with the first one and the other two have one of the standard starter types in it, so it's not much of a mix up. Grass/Poison/Ground I could maaaybe go for? But I'd rather have a shot at another water-type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom