• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A buff in ice types and maybe some grass and rock types. it's frustrating to have pokemon you love be a type thats so weak you cant even play it in the normal game (looking at you, crabominale, your design is amazing but your typing sucks)

I think Ice-type Pokemon should have more Speed, Weavile is a great example of a speedy Ice-type being able to battle without much support in the main game.

I think Ice-type Pokemon should have more Speed, Weavile is a great example of a speedy Ice-type being able to battle without much support in the main game.
But that doesn’t help the type itself. Any Pokémon could be good with the right stats. Offensively, ice has no problem. It’s defensively, so any Pokémon that doesn’t have time to hit opponents first gets screwed because it doesn’t resist anything. The best ice types are all fast attackers, and/or have a helpful secondary type. When a Pokémon can be better simply by removing one of its types, you know that type needs fixing.

Most of the ice types tend to be defensive Pokemon, which they’re clearly not meant to be (look at the number of resistances Ice has). Speedier and offensive Ice types will help the type to see more usage.
Hail should also give a Defence for Sp. Def Boost so that the existing defensive Ice types can function better.

Ice has been given the short end of the stick for years. Ice is so good for coverage, yet the Type itself is so horrible. It has way too many weaknesses and barely any resistances. I really am waiting for an Ice/Snow themed region to sort of force GF to give more attention to creating good and viable Ice-types~

Weavile and Glaceon are two of my favorite Pokemon and it's a shame they're damn near impossible to use for more than a few turns in Competitive play~

Moreover, I want existing Ice-types to also be viable, White Kyurem was just so good back in the Gen 5 competitive scene with Fusion Flare countering Steel-types, with the only bulky Pokemon it had trouble taking down in one hit was Chansey. It was great to finally see an Ice-type dominate the metagame.

Nothing much new to talk about. I kind of want the Gen 8 region to be technologically advanced, and by advanced. I don't mean Poke Balls, Pokedex or Pokemon Storage Systems. I just want it to be opposite of Sinnoh in something, if not in climate, then in technology.

A frigid region with buff ice or a desert area thay freezes at night that is something i'd love to see. Didn't gamefreak knows that deserts are frigid during evening and winter? They are not just dry or hot.

Just bring Gyms back and i think theu could disrupt the balance of typing this gen lol

Id love Australia to be the basis for the next region since there are many unique animals there. It would be really fun. I figure its happening at some point and Id like it to be sooner.

Id also love to see an African based region at some point too for the same reason.

As long as the region isn't tropical, I'm fine with any region.

I already made blogs on it on a social media app but please try to bring in old features, with some twists. I want to be able to dive with my Piplup or crossdress in Dawn's hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom