• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only concept art would be leaked so early, and uh, not even that is remotely likely.

Unless it's supposed to be the LGPE Pokemon, and in that case, come on. Surely they could do a little better with their one special Pokemon.

Yeah. But it's a Pokemon. Logic typically flies out the window.

It looks ridiculous even by Pokémon standards to me...
And if it’s supposed to be a Pikaclone, I think a lot of work would go into a Pikaclone design since it’s meant to become popular. It wouldn’t have such unappealing body proportions.

It looks ridiculous even by Pokémon standards to me...
And if it’s supposed to be a Pikaclone, I think a lot of work would go into a Pikaclone design since it’s meant to become popular. It wouldn’t have such unappealing body proportions.
Granted, we do have Togedemaru. *can't stand the tail being on top of its back*
But even that one has a cute face.

I feel like the cheek circles on the chipmunk should be higher up on its face. Having them so low makes it look like its jaw is bulging rather than its cheeks. That and the grotesquely swollen head compared to its body just doesn't work well.

im pretty sure its more probable for concept sets like the alolan starters to be leaked than an entire finished pic.
It's cute, i think the artist wanted to give a "big cheeks" feel like alolan raticate, but i'd work more if the cheek spots were near the eyes

i hope it isnt. I dont care too much for it. It is kinda cute, but we have so many tiny rodent electric (assuming this is electric) pokemon already.

Well i mean, regardless of this leak they’re going to make a new electric rodent for gen 8 anyway, like they always do.
yeah but i am hoping they choose a bigger design esp if they arent planning on letting it evolve though it can still work out if it does evolve. large rodents exist. :)

Incidentally, electric types are the 3rd least common type, so I do hope we get an influx of them in this gen, as well as Ice types

I've long wondered if Tirtouga just happens to be another turtle; it could pass off as an ancient Squirtle. The unreleased one seems like a Grass type to me.

A more concrete example would be Leafeon. That one was used two generations later with little changes.

I want them to come back, too, but I guess they have forgotten completely about them. Oh well, if Tirtouga could make it 14 years after its reveal, maybe they have a tiny chance to be in next games, right?
I think the fact that we got a hold of them and now know the designs exist to be able to want them increases the chance that they might be added to Gen 9. Might be a little late for Gen 8. XD That or they could pop up in a Gen 8.5 like the new pokemon introduced in USUM.

Just gotta keep talking about them and doing fan art of them to get Game Freak's attention, I suppose.

Wouldn’t doing fanart be Counter-productive? Each fanart strikes out a potential idea GameFreak could use, and they cannot use fanart due to copyright issues.... :p

GameFreak knew that these designs exist for 20 years, so they’ll be most probably indifferent to them at this stage (in contrast to the fans, who’ve just discovered them). Maybe except Gorochu, which still seems to be on their mind.

Wouldn’t doing fanart be Counter-productive? Each fanart strikes out a potential idea GameFreak could use, and they cannot use fanart due to copyright issues.... :p

GameFreak knew that these designs exist for 20 years, so they’ll be most probably indifferent to them at this stage (in contrast to the fans, who’ve just discovered them). Maybe except Gorochu, which still seems to be on their mind.
Well it's fan art of their designs and it's not like they would be using the artist's artwork in any official capacity, nor can any fan artist claim ownership of the demo designs. We all know who they belong to and Game Freak would be well within their right to make use of them. So no, fan art wouldn't be counter-productive- it would just make the demand for the pokemon all the more apparent. Especially when we're using fan translated names to refer to them or calling them by Japanese names that the company may have forgotten- the art speaks much more clearly.

Plus I don't think that fan art in general can even stop Game Freak from using an idea either. Even if they were to come up with a design based on the same concept as someone's fan art, originality is nearly nonexistent to the point of referring only to specifics, so they would have to flat out copy an artist's design for it to become a copyright concern.

Besides, if they were to bring the demo pokemon back, I would 100% expect them to be redesigned anyway. They were all dropped for a reason, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom