• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, some of them look solid. But they would be redesigned since even the original artists have different tastes now.
I agree- several of them look great and don't really need any edits. XD But I'm just assuming that Game Freak must've decided that they weren't the best and didn't like them enough to have dropped them for 20 years. So if they did decide to bring back any of those designs, they would most likely see some revisions, because nothing is worse than being a creator and not liking your own work- you're gonna tweak things so you're happy with it more than anyone.

Incidentally, Morimoto told a fan at Worlds that 190 Pokemon had been designed for RG, but some (39, apparently) were saved for later. In a 1997 interview, Tajiri said that they'd already designed over 350 Pokemon, but they couldn't all be kept for GS.

By my count, 39 Spaceworld Pokemon were removed from GS entirely (4 of which resurfaced in DP with notable changes). So if you add the scrapped numbers (39+39=78), it means that over 22 critters were designed after RG's release but not used even in the demo.

Last edited:
All I want is the water/fire seal, the Werewolf line and the electric tiger line from the GS Beta. Oh and maybe some of those pre evos. Like Tangela's.

I really wish they released Tangela's. Cause they look wayyy better than Tangrowth.

I suppose I’m in a minority of preferring Tangrowth over the demo evolution? The demo one isn’t bad, but to me, Tangrowth feels like a more natural extension of Tangela.

I suppose I’m in a minority of preferring Tangrowth over the demo evolution? The demo one isn’t bad, but to me, Tangrowth feels like a more natural extension of Tangela.
Yeah. Tangrowth is also a pretty good wall in competitive thanks to Regenerator.

Wouldn’t doing fanart be Counter-productive? Each fanart strikes out a potential idea GameFreak could use, and they cannot use fanart due to copyright issues....
There's a Pokemon from a fangame made years ago called Poiple, so I don't think Game Freak minds using already-existent names or concepts as long as they think of them themselves.

I don't think fan-art limits Game Freak's creativity. A great example of this is the fact that technically, Pokemon fusion was technically only a major thing in fan-arts way before Black 2 and White 2, sure the anime had the occasional ones like Venustoise and Magquaza and the games had Slowpoke's split evolutions and the Metagross line, but it wasn't extensively mentioned in the games' plot until then.

LuisBrain has a fakemon named after a Pokemon, one that came out after his design. It's not too uncommon.

Not to mention, one of Tepig's fan names was Pignite long before we knew the English name of Pignite.

But yeah, that Tangela pre-evo shpuld def have been a thing, even if Tangrowth also still was.

LuisBrain has a fakemon named after a Pokemon, one that came out after his design. It's not too uncommon.

Not to mention, one of Tepig's fan names was Pignite long before we knew the English name of Pignite.

But yeah, that Tangela pre-evo shpuld def have been a thing, even if Tangrowth also still was.
I'd love to see the pre-evo return and the original evolution be made into a split evolution.

All I want is the water/fire seal, the Werewolf line and the electric tiger line from the GS Beta. Oh and maybe some of those pre evos. Like Tangela's.

I really wish they released Tangela's. Cause they look wayyy better than Tangrowth.

I think you make no chance with the Electric tiger line, since it seems too have split into 2 different Pokemon: Dedenne and Incineroar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom