• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you want a DPPt remake? What is so special about that game? I dont find it more special then SS and HG.

It's inevitable, With every platform shift comes a remake of an older game. When Gen 3 happened on the Game Boy Advance (I miss that thing), we got Red and Blue remakes. When Gen 4 happened on DS, we got Gold and Silver remakes, and when Gen 6 happened on the 3DS, we got ORAS.

Plus, I would really want the remakes to lift heavily from Platinum. I want to see the Distortion World in 3D.

It's inevitable, With every platform shift comes a remake of an older game. When Gen 3 happened on the Game Boy Advance (I miss that thing), we got Red and Blue remakes. When Gen 4 happened on DS, we got Gold and Silver remakes, and when Gen 6 happened on the 3DS, we got ORAS.

Plus, I would really want the remakes to lift heavily from Platinum. I want to see the Distortion World in 3D.
We just had Ultra Holes, do you really want another hole that leads to another dimension?

The main games don't focus on the third installment during remakes.

We have co-op play now..
I mean other than battling and not counting LGPE- I feel like the Underground came closest to having friends "in your world" than any of the other games. In the sense that you both could explore around independently of each other while on the same map. It wasn't much, but it was something.

I mean other than battling and not counting LGPE- I feel like the Underground came closest to having friends "in your world" than any of the other games. In the sense that you both could explore around independently of each other while on the same map. It wasn't much, but it was something.
I think that BW and B2W2 did it better with the Entralink and Funfest missions. The Underground was mostly good for item collectors.

I think that BW and B2W2 did it better with the Entralink and Funfest missions. The Underground was mostly good for item collectors.
Aaaaah- I didn't know about these features because I completely skipped Gen 5. =O I guess Gen 4 was only the first time we got anything like that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see co-op play become a staple in future Pokémon Switch games as well. It's great to have as an optional feature and it doesn't seem like an overly complicated thing to implement either. Actually not including it in kind of seems like a waste, considering how perfectly suited the Switch console is!

I personally want a remake of D/P because of how slow paced it was. (No, Platinum did not fix the pacing.)
As a kid I didn't notice, but after coming back to it, I notice it now. And I feel that some of the characters in Sinnoh could be better developed.

I personally want a remake of D/P because of how slow paced it was. (No, Platinum did not fix the pacing.)
As a kid I didn't notice, but after coming back to it, I notice it now. And I feel that some of the characters in Sinnoh could be better developed.
And you think it will go better if they make a remake? It will be as slow as the original with some improvements like HG and SS and ORAS.

And you think it will go better if they make a remake? It will be as slow as the original with some improvements like HG and SS and ORAS.
Not really, the reason why it was slow in the first place is because Game Freak was working on completely new hardware at the time, while Platinum was basically a copied version of DP with storyline and Pokedex differences. It was Game Freak's first time making a DS Pokemon game.

The main games don't focus on the third installment during remakes.

Did you ever play HeartGold and SoulSilver? Some of the plot points are lifted from Pokemon Crystal. I think you should go play Crystal, and then play HeartGold and SoulSilver.

And as far as the Distortion World, that was a completely different experience than the worm holds in SM/USUM. And I would want the Distortion World to be left as a post-game episode.

Also, the only reason they chose to adapt Ruby/Sapphire over Emerald was to keep the focus on the main team from your game instead of both at the same time.
I think this was a completely reasonable decision. Not ideal, but reasonable. Besides, it helped make the version differences between OR and AS more noticeable, making both versions a more valuable purchase.

However, this was still no excuse to leave out from ORAS entire postgame features like the Battle Frontier, or Gym Leader rematches, etc. because they don't interfere with the main plot.

And I am sure this will also be the case with the Gen IV remakes. The only third version feature from Platinum I think will be in the Gen IV remakes, will be the Pokédex expansion, which I don't think is even a third version element, just something that should have been in DP to begin with.

Last edited:
However, this was still no excuse to leave out from ORAS entire postgame features like the Battle Frontier, or Gym Leader rematches, etc. because they don't interfere with the main plot.

And I am sure this will also be the case with the Gen IV remakes. The only third version feature from Platinum I think will be in the Gen IV remakes, will be the Pokédex expansion, which I don't think is even a third version element, just something that should have been in DP to begin with.

I can kind of understand why they didn't include the Battle Frontier, however, the leader rematches were kind of a hit-or-miss thing for me, since they activated at random with no way to influence when they wanted the rematch. They could have implemented them as a daily event in ORAS, so I guess it was a missed opportunity.

On the other hand, I disagree with the "there won't be Platinum content" argument, since they have implied that Platinum is the canon game by making Looker appear in every single region and Cynthia mentioned a Trainer that battled Giratina in the Gen V games. Maybe they will adapt the plot to make it Dialga/Palkia-centric, and leave Giratina and the Distortion World as an extra chapter. The only thing I doubt they will adapt is the Battle Frontier since each remake ignores the Battle facilities from the previous version to make it compatible between the games from that generation.

One thing I can see added to Sinnoh remakes that the Hoenn remakes didn't add, is Trainer Customisation. It is a feature a lot more established now and I doubt they would remove it, even for a remake (even though imo ORAS and any Pre- Kalos remake doesn't need it).

I also wonder if the Game Corner will have a new purpose, or will it just be closed and left without a replacement feature like in ORAS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom