• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 years...... Still here!
Reaction score
Definitely will be getting both versions of this game. The trailers made this way more better than I thought originally.

Reaction score
Character customization, Pokémon customization and no HMs? Now I need to know if this have a postgame and I will be ready to get this game.

Go listen to The Birdwatcher's Guide to Atrocity
Reaction score
Character customization, Pokémon customization and no HMs? Now I need to know if this have a postgame and I will be ready to get this game.
What would the post-game even be? I believe they’ve said that Johto isn’t in the game, and since it’s a remake of Yellow with only the original set of Pokémon, I doubt that the Sevii Islands will be included, either. At best, I could maybe see there being an island with a casualized Battle Tower (or, if they’re super-adamant about not leaving Kanto, then maybe something like a new “Battle Ship” that comes in and takes the S.S. Anne’s place).

Go listen to The Birdwatcher's Guide to Atrocity
Reaction score
The post-game could very well be some quest about the new Pokemon. Maybe that even entails catching Mewtwo.
Ah, right, the one-and-done post-game plot where we just trek back and forth over areas we’ve already been to.

So that’s two things.

Not Dead
Reaction score
That's about the same as the 3DS games if you exclude catching dozens of legendaries (so like XY and SM). Maybe there will be USUM-like sidequests rather than that pointless Slowpoke scene. They could include iconic anime characters, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Boring, but not a new low unless they don't have anything like the Battle Tower. The latter might actually justify co-op.

Part Time Pokémon Master
Reaction score
We will not get a gen 8 Pokemon, nor mechanics in the new movie, since they want too promote Lets Go Eevee. In the past, Pokemon that appeared weren't that substantial or we were already far away into the anime that it didn't affect it and was promoting the new games and in the Lucario situation, D/P was pushed back.
Gen 8 pokemon probably not. However, the confirmed new pokemon 808 could definitely be in the movie and would still promote LGPE since as of now they are the only games that will have access to this pokemon.

Nepgear is cute.
Reaction score
What would the post-game even be? I believe they’ve said that Johto isn’t in the game, and since it’s a remake of Yellow with only the original set of Pokémon, I doubt that the Sevii Islands will be included, either. At best, I could maybe see there being an island with a casualized Battle Tower (or, if they’re super-adamant about not leaving Kanto, then maybe something like a new “Battle Ship” that comes in and takes the S.S. Anne’s place).
Masuda said something about making it more Anime inspired, so maybe we'll get the Orange Islands?

Reaction score
Sincerely, I prefer anything over nothing. Specially since after you beat the Elite Four in Yellow, what else can you do besides completing the dex?

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Since customization is back in LGPE, it looks like its starting to become a series staple. Out of the past 5 pairs of games, it only didn’t make it into one of them, that game being ORAS. I’m hoping that Pokemon following you will be included in the Gen VIII game.

Deputy Head Admin
Reaction score
Hey all, this thread is focused on Gen 8 games and we have a whole section for discussion on Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee so please take discussions of those games there. Thank you.

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
I hope they handle tutorials better in the Gen 8 games, having the option to actually say no and letting us move on to our adventure immediately will definitely make the start of the game better than what the slog through the beginning of Alola was.

Reaction score
Yeah, that's true. I wonder why they removed the ability to skip the catching tutorial, it was one of the best things from GSC. Like somebody said in this thread before (can't remember who), they could an option at the start of the game that says something like "have you played a Pokémon game before?" and let us skip most tutorials. I don't know how that's going to affect the beginning, but it would be a good thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.