• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• ME faces off against the Champion of Sinnoh. Watch here as his Sinnoh Pokemon League Challenge comes to a close.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Wasn't Kingler Steel in a Crystal hack from 10 years ago?

In my opinion, if we get new regional forms make it for another gen that is not Gen I, maybe Gen II so we can see the beta typings in use. But if we get more Gen I regional Pokémon, I would like to see Water/Poison Ekans and Arbok based on sea snakes.

Reaction score
I would like to see Water/Poison Ekans and Arbok based on sea snakes.
Cool idea,but how would they do this? Most of the alolan forms keep the same design of their original forms, except for alolan exeggutor. There are no sea snakes that I know of that have a hood like a cobra.

Reaction score
Maybe something like this?

Although I feel like the Arbok could be better.

Reaction score
Also, if there is a Mega Arbok introduced after all, then I hope it's better than that all black one that I see on the internet.
In fact, if any of these mega evolutions turn out to be confirmed, then I hope they give them something different than just a different color palette, and adding little things like two little flames coming out of the mouth on Charizard X, and then call it a day. I want to see something creative.

Sobble fan :3
Reaction score
Also, if there is a Mega Arbok introduced after all, then I hope it's better than that all black one that I see on the internet.
In fact, if any of these mega evolutions turn out to be confirmed, then I hope they give them something different than just a different color palette, and adding little things like two little flames coming out of the mouth on Charizard X, and then call it a day. I want to see something creative.
There are a lot of subtle changes in Megazard X design which add a nice touch.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I really want a Dragon/Fairy regional Dragonite which retains Dragonair-like features... or maybe a Variant Dragon/Fairy Dragonair which cannot evolve further, but has higher stats to compensate.

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Maybe something like this?

Although I feel like the Arbok could be better.
Maybe trade the hood for some fins like this.

I'd draw a better-looking example myself, but don't really feel like it. XD In any case, it's perfectly possible to come up with a good water-type arbok design... and I would really like to see one, as well as a water-type arcanine and a water-type ponyta if we don't just get a separate water-type horse pokemon line in general. Keldeo is great and all (by which I mean it's not) but I'd like to see a kelpie or hippocampus-based water horse line. Especially kelpie.

Reaction score
if there was an alohan ponyta and rapidash, they would be fighting, because them hooves should do some real damage

#Shield
Reaction score
though i would prefer them to be water, I could actually see them becoming a fairy regional variant.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I think it’s pretty much confirmed that LGPE was in planning atleast alongside (or before) Sun/Moon. Alolan forms were introduced to give Kanto Pokemon focus and majority have types which were scarce in Kanto (Fairy, Ghost, and Dark). Then LGPE come along and Alolan forms are the only permanent form changes included.

They were most probably all-Kanto and got their types to restore type balance for LGPE and to brink Kanto into extensive marketing campaign for Sun/Moon as setup for LGPE.

Reaction score
I think it’s pretty much confirmed that LGPE was in planning atleast alongside (or before) Sun/Moon. Alolan forms were introduced to give Kanto Pokemon focus and majority have types which were scarce in Kanto (Fairy, Ghost, and Dark). Then LGPE come along and Alolan forms are the only permanent form changes included.

They were most probably all-Kanto and got their types to restore type balance for LGPE and to brink Kanto into extensive marketing campaign for Sun/Moon as setup for LGPE.
I think LGPE was initially planned as a 3DS game while USUM was planned as a Switch game.
GameFreak probably couldn't make Pokemon GO connect to the 3DS so they decided to change systems.

蒼い炎
Reaction score
I'd be surprised to see more than one or two new Pokémon or forms debuting in LGPE. The Kanto region already has a sufficient presence of Legendary and Mythical Pokémon for all its locations. On top of that, I don't see a reason for GF to include never before seen non-Legendary Pokémon in a 'reimagining' of the first generation when there's a completely new generation around the corner anyway. They'll want to keep their real surprises for the 2019 game.

My prediction is either a new form of Mew, which I think is unlikely, or a new Legendary or Mythical Pokémon that is not found in any of the known locations in Kanto. For example, the new Legendary could be located on a seperate island that can only be accessed after the game is completed and have the hunt for that Pokémon serve as the aftergame, maybe with involvement of an antagonist or a character like Zinnia. This is just speculation, although it doesn't seem too farfetched.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score

I don't think that way because Pokemon GO (LGPE's entire reason for existence) was not released until the summer of 2016.

Reaction score
The catching mechanic is from Go, but a Kanto revisit of some type was always inevitable. It seems apparent to me that they were preparing for it in whatever form it might take.

Reaction score
I think LGPE was initially planned as a 3DS game while USUM was planned as a Switch game.
GameFreak probably couldn't make Pokemon GO connect to the 3DS so they decided to change systems.
Lol no,they started development in March 2017 with specifically the Switch and its features in mind

Reaction score
So, it seems that there is not much news coming out right now. Does anyone know when we're supposed to expect a big announcement?

Reaction score
Like I said before, I think we will be getting news on the new Pokémon next month or October. Maybe by December we will start getting news on Gen VIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.