• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post I linked to was after the rumor, but I don't know about the original art itself. (I've been having a hard time editing it back to the pre-pixel edition to search for it better)

I know Pokémon is not real life, but Donphan is too small for an adult elephant. We need a bigger one.
Pygmy elephants exist in real life, though. It's possible that Donphan is just based off of them or an extinct dwarf elephant. So it's size is pretty accurate for existing/formerly existing real life animal.

But at the same time, we do need a pokemon based on an Indian elephant just to close the plot hole from Raichu's pokedex entry.

Did anyone see this on 4-Chan??View attachment 113565
It's adorable, but the fact it's a narwhal of all things kind of screams fake. Next to dolphins and belugas. narwhals have been speculated to hell and back. I'd be more inclined to believe it if it was a sperm whale or hump back or something.

Last edited:
I too want that proper elephant. I saw a lot of ideas involving a water-type elephant starter, and that's a great idea. I'd totes name my Vah Ruta. However, since that idea has been overdone in the fandom, it of course won't happen. I'd just be happy with an elephant that lives up to being the largest land mammal. Donphan is tiny and its ears aren't quite right, and Mammoswine is like a strange attempt to cross a pig and a wooly mammoth. Without the iconic trunk, it just doesn't do it for me.

Can I write about my own thoughts?

If I can then I am sad that my own Pokemon story for new Generation will not be now, but anyway i still didn't go to japan with still didn't finish 20% of the generation anime and I have to write the game story for new season also so that'd fine and I will wait. My own generation story for new season of Pokemon called "Pokemon 1 and 2".

And if I cannot, then I really hope for girl wins the entire region such as the one who won the heonn grand festival. And I really want to see such as special thing like new type, or something because in my story then I made and type.and I really want mega shinka or mega evolution evolution in English dub for Krokodile and i think he will be awesome with 3 heads. I want also to change vinilite vinishlish and the final rvolution from only pure Ice into Ice Ghost with the same thing with darkrai who should be Dark Ghost or Ghost Dark

Last edited:
Pygmy elephants exist in real life, though. It's possible that Donphan is just based off of them or an extinct dwarf elephant. So it's size is pretty accurate for existing/formerly existing real life animal.

But at the same time, we do need a pokemon based on an Indian elephant just to close the plot hole from Raichu's pokedex entry.

It's adorable, but the fact it's a narwhal of all things kind of screams fake. Next to dolphins and belugas. narwhals have been speculated to hell and back. I'd be more inclined to believe it if it was a sperm whale or hump back or something.

The horn makes me a bit suspicious, too. Nintendo isn't necessarily homophobic but I feel like they wouldn't want to have a character who could easily be misconstrued by crazies as a sign of them taking a stance on gay marriage or other LGBT issues.

They like their creations to be as politically and socially neutral as possible and considering fairy is a somewhat insulting but rare slang for gay men, I feel like this whale is unlikely to be real.

Edit: looks like its somebody's fanart stolen from somewhere else. Just as I thought. The eyes were so fake.

The horn makes me a bit suspicious, too. Nintendo isn't necessarily homophobic but I feel like they wouldn't want to have a character who could easily be misconstrued by crazies as a sign of them taking a stance on gay marriage or other LGBT issues.

They like their creations to be as politically and socially neutral as possible and considering fairy is a somewhat insulting but rare slang for gay men, I feel like this whale is unlikely to be real.

Edit: looks like its somebody's fanart stolen from somewhere else. Just as I thought. The eyes were so fake.

Sylveon's colour is really similar to that of the trans flag (to the point that some considered it a trans icon: the second google suggestion on typing ‘Sylveon t' is ‘Sylveon trans' too) , it’s a fairy type and arguably the most feminine Eeveelution yet (so much that it was speculated to be female-only) and nothing came out of that so Nintendo could get away with the whale if it were a Pokémon.

Is this a strike against the pink whale leak or not? They had the date right, but we got the trailer for the new moves completely separate from this Direct.

Its a Nintendo Direct, not a Pokemon Direct. I think this Direct will announce Fire Emblem and some Gameplay and takes up around 15-20 minutes (Smash took around 30 minutes, so its not too farfetch'd imo). Then we get some new titles for the Switch announced and some 3ds titles for 2019 (Last year for the 3ds i think) which leaves around 5 minutes left for Smash character reveals.

Everytime a Nintendo Direct gets announced, People jump too conclusions that we get some Pokemon in it and will be disappointed in the process.

True, but that wasn't a completely new game on a new system. For me, that is the difference and i am also not saying we are not getting it, its more that is extremely unlikely we get some info.

The game is around on par with USUM content-wise. LGPE alone wouldn’t be able to carry a Pokemon direct.

Its a Nintendo Direct, not a Pokemon Direct. I think this Direct will announce Fire Emblem and some Gameplay and takes up around 15-20 minutes (Smash took around 30 minutes, so its not too farfetch'd imo). Then we get some new titles for the Switch announced and some 3ds titles for 2019 (Last year for the 3ds i think) which leaves around 5 minutes left for Smash character reveals.

Everytime a Nintendo Direct gets announced, People jump too conclusions that we get some Pokemon in it and will be disappointed in the process.
They've already announced Fire Emblem. If anything it'll have a new trailer. And last years Nintendo direct revealed the new Ultra Beasts if i'm not mistaken. That was pretty huge. So we getting pokemon news this time around won't be surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom