• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nutface is cute :3 I like it. I expected something like a typical mythical, and it’s pretty close to that in terms of design principles, but the fact that it’s basically just a floating pupil framed by a metal nut is thoroughly within my tastes of weirdness. Thanks for catering to the Esserise market, GF. I can’t say that I alone am a lucrative niche audience, but still I appreciate the effort.

Last edited:
Y'know, it reminds me of that bacteriophage that looks like a cross between a spider and a screw. Except this one is a slug nut.

Nutface is cute :3 I like it. I expected something like a typical mythical, and it’s pretty close to that in terms of design principles, but the fact that it’s basically just a floating pupil framed by a metal nut is thoroughly within my tastes of weirdness. Thanks for catering to the Esserise market, GF. I can’t say that I alone am a lucrative niche audience, but still I appreciate the effort.
I like it too. It has that weird but cute appeal. I'm assuming you liked most of the Ultra Beasts too?

If that new Pokemon is related to Ditto, then maybe it has something to do with alchemy.

Hmm!! It may be that this is simply the Gen 8 Pokemon that felt most suitable to include in Gen Let's Go.
It may be an Unown-level mythical that is listed somewhere inthe middle of the Pokedex.

Unown isn't a mythical. We don't know what this one is, either, but it was called "Special Pokemon" which means a Mewtwo-level legendary. That is why I suspect it has at least one form or a legendary evolution.

The design makes me think it must be a Steel-type. And I think this could be a non-Mythical, non-Legendary rare Pokémon that can be caught in one cave or one route in the region in a random encounter.

So, in the meantime the number of Pokémon has also been leaked. It's not a bad number for the region.
Wait.....Do you mean nuts like a ball sack, or nuts like the fruit? Because the smiley face you left at the end of the sentence implies the former.
They mean this:
upload_2018-9-21_10-40-25.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-21_10-40-13.jpeg
    upload_2018-9-21_10-40-13.jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 22
The Pokemon honestly gives me a Humanoid Ditto vibe.

We all know Ditto was supposed too get an evolution in gen 2. What if we just like in gen 5 don't get older Pokemon in the new region, or we get cross gen evolutions again and Ditto evolves in this Pokemon, making it Normal/Steel.
Funnily enough, my theory of this new Pokémon is that it’s Game Freak making Animon actually canonical to the franchise.

The first bit of gen 8 news and it feels so good. Based Nut-kun

My guess is its a magnetic putty or ferrofluid based pokemon. A bit upset its a mythical, that concept woyld be cool if they gave this thing 1 or 2 for stages.

Funnily enough, my theory of this new Pokémon is that it’s Game Freak making Animon actually canonical to the franchise.
That would be nice. And it would have a less, erm, questionable design than the original.

EDIT: If this is really Animon, is there a chance we will get a Transform 2 or something?

That looks like a random placeholder at best, really.
I get its a bit plain, but why model a whole new mon plus shiny variant for just a placeholder? It doesnt make much sense to me. Even if the body is a grey ditto model (its not it is different shaped) they would still have had to create the nut from scratch.

Last edited:
As much as I like Caspar the friendly nut and hope it's the special pokemon you get from LGPE just to make people squirm more about inanimate object pokemon. Go probably has a lot of place holders.

Like for example I keep getting a Solosis shadow without the bubble on the nearby list sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom