• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They created a new model and uploaded it into GO in the hopes that someone would find it just to be fooled by a prank?
A prank that could only come from a niantic employee. They would most certainly be able to tell who it is and fire them for it if it was a prank. I dont think someone would jepordize their job for a prank

And making it less generic-looking as well! :)
A Pokemon having a personality isn't generic.

Grimbad said:
A prank that could only come from a niantic employee. They would most certainly be able to tell who it is and fire them for it if it was a prank. I dont think someone would jepordize their job for a prank
An accidental leak is arguably worse, but at least it isn't intended.

Last edited:
The model doesn't contain form-related data. The guy is probably just referring to showcasing the Pokemon from multiple angles.

A Pokemon having a personality isn't generic.
...Perhaps "generic" isn't the right word for what I want to get across.

I mean, I like Animon's derpy shocked face. However, Animon's expression making it the most notable thing about it makes it hard for me to distinguish why it should be a separate entity from Ditto. To be honest, I kind of have the same issue with Poliwhirl to Poliwrath. At least with the nut-for-a-head Pokémon, I have more a reason to believe it to be a separate Pokémon from Ditto.

Unless it was a unanimous decision to throw people off. Like they knew that once the new pokemon in LGPE people would shuffle through the data and they'd come across it.

But like I said, they do also have weird placeholders sometimes that come out as glitches. They have a Solosis shadow despite there not even being Gen IV pokemon yet.

I mean, I like Animon's derpy shocked face. However, Animon's expression making it the most notable thing about it makes it hard for me to distinguish why it should be a separate entity from Ditto.
I don't know what they intended since the data is incomplete, but it would have been enough just to give it a stat boost that would have been kept when transformed. Similar to Metal Powder, but with more stats.

They could have also slapped Stee

Unless it was a unanimous decision to throw people off. Like they knew that once the new pokemon in LGPE people would shuffle through the data and they'd come across it.

But like I said, they do also have weird placeholders sometimes that come out as glitches. They have a Solosis shadow despite there not even being Gen IV pokemon yet.
Can I see that placeholder, please?

I'd like to see this as well.

I don't know what they intended since the data is incomplete, but it would have been enough just to give it a stat boost that would have been kept when transformed. Similar to Metal Powder, but with more stats.

They could have also slapped Stee
I'm not talking about stats though. This is solely about design choices For example, I accept Poliwrath as its own thing due to the stats boost, but its design doesn't really do it justice. To me, Ditto to Animon gives off the same vibe. Granted, that could just be because of the graphical style used in the demo.

Screenshot_20180730-111833.jpg

It's popped up a few times, it doesn't show up in the pokedex as being seen, and at one point it showed up at a pokestop that has been there since day one that ended up disappearing rather quickly.

So everyone decided "yes, we want to spend the time and effort to design a new Pokemon, create a model for it, and upload it to our game just to trick people and give them false information"? When they could just not do anything and still keep the new Pokemon a secret?
It makes sense to use existing Pokemon as placeholders, because the models used as placeholders can be used again when the Pokemon is implemented into the game. It doesn't make sense to create a new model to use as a placeholder when there are literally hundreds of models that could be used as placeholders just fine.

Oki, so according to a dude on twitter, he theorizes that this lil guy my actually be based off Saturn's hexagon. As in recent years the hexagon has turned golden, and the grey body might be some sort of cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom