• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How great would that be if this isn't even the gift gen 8 mon from lets go and its just a random pokemon they decided to tease?
Regardless, it seems to have done a great job of hyping people up for pokemon (myself included). Id be curious to see if there was a spike in preorders of lets go as a result
If it's not, then this Pokemon serves no purpose.

Someone else mentioned that it's also been 808 days since Pokemon Go's release, which is ironic.

But You're right. If nothing else, this Pokemon definitely reignited the hype train's flame.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/MelkorPxP/status/1043608366881353729
Textures of the following Pokémon, sorted by asset number in US / UM:
884 Stakataka
885 Blacephalon
886 Poipole
887 Naganadel
888 Zeraora
889 (Investigating)
890 (Investigating)
891 New Pokémon

Clearly 891 is the asset number of the new Pokémon, not its PokéDex number

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/MelkorPxP/status/1043608366881353729
Textures of the following Pokémon, sorted by asset number in US / UM:
884 Stakataka
885 Blacephalon
886 Poipole
887 Naganadel
888 Zeraora
889 (Investigating)
890 (Investigating)
891 New Pokémon

Clearly 891 is the asset number of the new Pokémon, not its PokéDex number

889 and 890 are likely the asset numbers for starterchu and startervee since we already know they're coded as different forms due to being unable to evolve, having special moves, the starter Eevee being the only one that has the gender difference, and the fact they both have higher stats than normal Pikachu/Eevee. It's the same exact amount too.

What does significance does the fact that the new Pokémon has an asset number in USUM hold? In theory, will we be able to receive this new Pokémon in USUM in the future? Have other files related to this Pokémon been found? Was this asset number discovered just recently in light of the Pokémon GO outbreak or did people know about this before? Does anyone know the details in regard to these questions?

What does significance does the fact that the new Pokémon has an asset number in USUM hold? In theory, will we be able to receive this new Pokémon in USUM in the future? Have other files related to this Pokémon been found? Was this asset number discovered just recently in light of the Pokémon GO outbreak or did people know about this before? Does anyone know the details in regard to these questions?

I got the impression that the asset number isn’t present in USUM- it had no. 888 till Zeraora and then Pokemon Go with Asset No. 891 was discovered in Pokemon Go and people connected it with USUM's numbers for it to make sense.

I got the impression that the asset number isn’t present in USUM- it had no. 888 till Zeraora and then Pokemon Go with Asset No. 891 was discovered in Pokemon Go and people connected it with USUM's numbers for it to make sense.
Thanks, but it still doesn't make a lot of sense to me... Doesn't that confirmed that this new Pokémon is the first of Gen 8? Or that it will debut in LGPE at the earliest?

Also, the fact that the name of this Pokémon has been deliberately replaced with '???' and the presence of a special animation during the transformation into Ditto, along with the tweet from the Niantic staff member, lead me to believe this teaser has been more planned out that people are assuming. Yes, perhaps it accidentally got leaked early, but there's no denying the likelyhood that this whole event has been one big publicity stunt. Although we don't yet know for what purpose, it's working brilliantly.

I must be the only person on the planet that isn't excited about that Ditto wannabe thing. I don't even consider it an actual Pokemon.

Also, the fact that the name of this Pokémon has been deliberately replaced with '???' and the presence of a special animation during the transformation into Ditto, along with the tweet from the Niantic staff member, lead me to believe this teaser has been more planned out that people are assuming. Yes, perhaps it accidentally got leaked early, but there's no denying the likelyhood that this whole event has been one big publicity stunt. Although we don't yet know for what purpose, it's working brilliantly.

When you first start Pokemon Go, and practically all Pokemon are not registered in the Pokedex, every encounter will have "???" in place of the Pokemon's name and CP value until it is caught. You are reading way too much into things with the ???.

Doesn't that confirmed that this new Pokémon is the first of Gen 8? Or that it will debut in LGPE at the earliest?
It does confirm the latter, atleast.

It’s most probably a slip up, which Niantic decided to use to their advantage.

I don't think that a Pokemon with a manmade item as part of its body would be the origin of an ancient species of Pokemon.

Yeah, I definitely think its cute little eye is a suspended ball of liquid metal. Much unlike Unown’s, for sure.
Well I mean I don’t literally believe it is. It just reminds me of them, and I thought it would be fun that’s all.

I personally think it’s kind of adorable though. It’s squishy, and I don’t think it has anything to do with ditto other than to make you catch it and ditto basically laughing at you. Like haha not yet. It is ingenious placement though. Here. Enjoy this event, oh! Surprise! Now take a look at this while you are here. I think it was intentional.

Well, me too. The thing looks like a few random shapes smashed together rather than a thoughtout design.
XD Heh... me on the other hand, it's partly the fact that I've figured out that it is a thought-out design that helped make it grow on me. It appears to me to be based on a homemade electromagnet- there's a wire passed through a magnetic putty to the nut head to create the magnetic field that a ferrofluid ball is suspended in. I think it's a pretty clever design (albeit, at a glance, kind of stupid and underwhelming).

Also it was really itty bitty in GO and that made it look extra adorable. Precious tiny baby.

With all the talk about a new Pokémon in the Gen I-focused LGPE, I was kinda expecting something more obviously related to Mewtwo and Mew. Am I missing something here? This surely can't be it, right?

Wouldn't surprise me if it didn't have a form or evolution... really hope it doesn't, honestly. It's cute and simple enough and I dread to see them make it look any worse- and yes, I say worse because cuteness doesn't really stop me from admitting that it looks a little dumb too. But that's exactly why it shouldn't change- it only just passes for adorable and runs too much risk of jumping straight into "alright Game Freak, wtf were you thinking?" without any cute charm to hold it back.

I just honestly believe that if it changes at all, it's more likely to wind up looking dumber than better.

It should be completely transformed so that nothing of the original design is left.
=/ Unless they completely covered it in magnetic putty or turned it into some sort of robot, I don't think that would work with the design's concept at all.

Robot doesn't feel very promising. I don't know about more advanced magnet creature.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom