• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It did say Episode one so... how many episode will they be doing and will it be merely for LGPE or for the actual Gen 8 lead up?

Meltan is basically Unown's eye stuck in a lug nut attached to Ditto's body.

7bLKt1a.jpg

Last edited:
Professor Oak's "wait" and the "To be Continued..." part gives me hope that Meltan has some kind of secret. But if it doesn't have one, then I will be very disappointed to see that Gen 7 ended up with no less than 4 mythicals with zero relationship to the world they belong, zero relationships with known Pokemon and only two lines of lore.

Well it's description says it can also take in electricity. Perhaps it can change into an electric type of sorts in the future?

Well it's description says it can also take in electricity. Perhaps it can change into an electric type of sorts in the future?
The Klink line are also associated with electricity, but not Electric-types themselves, so I’m not so sure.

Yeah, these mythicals just seem random and don't tie in to each other. They don't even have a theme, in fact, the only ones that do are the box legendaries, but that's it.
No, that's not it. The problem is that they were just described as "yes, this exists, now go get it". They just didn't make them interesting.

Maybe Professor Willow would make an appearance in the Let's Go games?
With willow being oaks old student and the GO connectivity, it wouldnt surprise me if he was at the very least mentioned in a conversation in lets go. I personally dont think he will physically appear in game, but i wouldnt be too shocked if he does

Yeah, these mythicals just seem random and don't tie in to each other. They don't even have a theme, in fact, the only ones that do are the box legendaries, but that's it.
Most mythcials tend to be completely unrelated to each other. (Deoxys/Jirachi in Gen 3, Manaphy/Darkrai/Shaymin/Arceus in Gen 4, Victini/Keldeo/Genesect/Meloetta in Gen 5, Hoopa/Diancie/Volacanion in Gen 6)
The problem is that they were just described as "yes, this exists, now go get it". They just didn't make them interesting.
While I totally agree with your complaint, I think we can still hold a bit of hope for Malten, seeing as we haven't seen LGPE yet.

Not surprised that Meltan is a mythical Pokemon, not even an interesting one if I have to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom