• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. I know I shouldn't rely on patterns, but so far no first revealed Pokémon has ever followed the last Pokémon in the previous generation. I don't really count Ho-oh since it was possibly originally an anime only thing that was added later when they decided to do a sequel to Gen I, but Lucario wasn't #387, Zorua and Zoroark weren't #494 and #495 respectively, etc.

But then again, Game Freak has an habit of contradicting me, so maybe I'm just deluding myself *sigh*
Well, apparently the thing with 891 is Game Freak started rounding asset numbers to the nearest 100 in Gen 6, so every pokemon in Gen 7 has an asset number in the 800's. Which- aggravatingly unless they changed their mind- would make Nutty a Gen 7 pokemon. There's also the fact that the Nutty invasion in GO was clearly planned and it was launched on the 808th day since Pokemon GO's release. Also being the 808th pokemon revealed... Gen 7 according to asset number... I wanna scream but it's probably #808. >.> Which is annoying and stupid for every reason and I hate admitting that it's probably right but so much evidence in favor of it and my only argument against it is "It's dumber to do it that way." =/

Yeah I can't wait for GF to pull out a 15 fps bad animated game next year.

Now seriously — I was kinda hyped for YW on Switch but this gameplay is just pretty..... bad. I hope they improve it later on (although their graphics direction is not something I'm really fond of).

Yeah I can't wait for GF to pull out a 15 fps bad animated game next year.

Now seriously — I was kinda hyped for YW on Switch but this gameplay is just pretty..... bad. I hope they improve it later on (although their graphics direction is not something I'm really fond of).
You consider this bad?! I mean I'm sure the framerate will improve when it comes out, but everything else looks pretty good, especially in comparison to it's last game.

You consider this bad?! I mean I'm sure the framerate will improve when it comes out, but everything else looks pretty good, especially in comparison to it's last game.

Nah, not "bad" by itself but.... is not what I expected I think? (kinda like LGPE, to be honest). The framerate isn't excusable at all, that's the biggest offender :/.
Is just taste, thought, but I just think the character models don't really blend well with the backgrounds. That's kinda a "no no" for me : (

Idk why y'all bitchin, because a year from now y'all are gonna cross examining all the Gen 8 Pokemon and will have already warmed up to Meltan.

The little gUy is Hawlucha, Greninja and Binacle all over again.

I don't know, I think most people actually love Meltan at this point- I've only seen a few people complain that it's ugly. Feels like the rest of us are pretty charmed by its cute, tiny, simple nature. XD

Only things I'm not loving about it are them trying to pass it off as an "ancient" pokemon when its design is clearly super modern, it being technically part of Gen 7 when Gen 7 was already oversaturated with legendary-type pokemon, its being cut off from the rest of its generation in LGPE, and the fact that it would have been way more awesome as a Gen 8 teaser than a last second addition to Gen 7. It just... could have been used so much better than this.

Only things I'm not loving about it are them trying to pass it off as an "ancient" pokemon when its design is clearly super modern, it being technically part of Gen 7 when Gen 7 was already oversaturated with legendary-type pokemon, its being cut off from the rest of its generation in LGPE, and the fact that it would have been way more awesome as a Gen 8 teaser than a last second addition to Gen 7. It just... could have been used so much better than this.
I thought Gen VII had a lot of legendary and legendary type Pokemon. I mean, we had 25 or 26, as I consider UBs a type of legendary/mythical. That's huge. No wonder the amount of regular Pokemon we received seemed so small. Because it WAS. Meltan increases it by one more, as it is a Gen VII Pokemon as well.

I too feel bad for it, as it's separated from all of the other Gen VII Pokemon, but that'll just make me love it more in my LG game before it inevitably gets transferred to Gen VIII along with all of my other Pokemon.

Hopefully we get more non-legendary/special Pokemon in Gen VIII. I want options to play with, not be forced to use older Pokemon because the region doesn't have any newer ones to my liking.

Like in SMUSUM, I ended up having to use older Gen fire types because, other than Litten's line and Turtonator, there really weren't any fire types introduced. So if I didn't use Litten, I didn't have any options for watching my Pokemon grow up with my character. Because I didn't want to use Oricorio or Turtonator, and Salazzle just seemed really difficult to obtain in the beginning so I didn't try to get one. My first playthrough of Sun, I still used Rowlet, Litten and Popplio, but I didn't like that I was basically forced to. In a sense, not literally.

More ice and electric types are my desire for Gen VIII.

Pokemon gen 8 should look and play similar to yokai watch switch and dragon quest xi. If its not closer to those games than lets go im going to be immeasurably dissapointed.

I just noticed the newest rumor that it said the new pokedex didn't start with a grass and probably this person could referring to Metaton. This person also mentioned in the newest rumor that there's going to be a new evolution method on here that similar to mega evolution with adding one more

It reminds me of UK rumor with "Super Pokemon",because I remembered the guy was talking about the new rumor that will base on UK but someone interrupted him by telling there's going to be a new evolution method that makes your pokemon into "Super Pokemon". I heard Super Pokemon that type has evolved into a different type and get a mega evolution with triple types.

But UK guy said it's fake and someone was making it up,but I believe UK guy isn't telling the truth and the "Super pokemon" person could be legit. Because LGP/LGE, We just has noticed that Pikachu and Eevee has moves that they hasn't learn like flame charge, razor leaf, Double kick and Hydro pump. I think these moves could be hinting something.

I think it also has to do with Shadow Mewtwo,because I heard the latest rumor hinting that the new method will be connecting with Shadow Mewtwo in Poketekken. In the UK rumor, someone said that Mewtwo gains Dark type when he became a Super Pokemon. Possible it could be that Mewtwo could gain a dark type if he becomes Shadow Mewtwo.

I don't known how it could be connect to Metaton.

Last edited:
I just went back to the 1st page to read about the Confirmed and Unconfirmed rumors about Gen VIII and I have to say, the whole SuperPokemon leak sounds really cool and I'm here for it 100%.

Also, this thread has been going strong since March!!! 871 pages and over 17,000 posts in 6 months! I can't even imagine how far along this thread will be this time next year! Probably at 2400 pages!!

I just went back to the 1st page to read about the Confirmed and Unconfirmed rumors about Gen VIII and I have to say, the whole SuperPokemon leak sounds really cool and I'm here for it 100%.

Also, this thread has been going strong since March!!! 871 pages and over 17,000 posts in 6 months! I can't even imagine how far along this thread will be this time next year! Probably at 2400 pages!!
It does sense with Super pokemon,because I could see Pikachu becoming a pure Fairy type. That would be kinda cute. also makes they are going to reintroduce Shadow pokemon in Gen 8.

The super Pokemon leak also claimed that Ho-Oh would gain the Flying type, despite already having it. And that Mewthree would be obtained by breeding Mew and Mewtwo. (Yeah, we have Phione, but it was introduced the same gen as Manaphy. Wouldn't it be underwhelming to have a legendary Pokemon that you just breed with Pokemon from decades ago?)

And the second "leaker" is super weird with typings-some of them involve just combining types from alternate forms/prevos (Steelix is Steel/Ground/Rock, Charizard is Fire/Flying/Dragon), while others lose one of their original types for something that neither improves their viability nor fits their design. (Do you think Lucario should lose Steel in favor of Normal? Should Ho-Oh lose Fire in favor of Ghost?) And so many of them are listed as being given to Pokemon who already have megas-sure, popular Pokemon tend to get new features first, but Z-moves didn't favor Pokemon who already had an item-based exclusive.

And it seems poor for battle, too-let your opponent know three of your moves as soon as you transform?

Last edited:
I... don't buy the Super Pokemon rumor at all.

Also really hoping that they don't throw another new mechanic at us because we've already got enough at this point that we just need proof now that they aren't going to forget to carry them along with the rest of the series. More baby pokemon, more cross-generational evos, more split evos, more Megas, more regional variants. Especially those last two- if we keep on this trend, these mechanics are going to start looking like a new gimmick every generation instead of a new mainstay for the franchise. Let's quit leaving concepts behind and coming up with new ones before Pokemon winds up more complicated than Digimon is.

Edit: GAH ALSO- breeding Mew and Mewtwo?! Isn't that borderline incest?! Stop stop stop stop stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom