• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever made that all up did not even bother trying to sound convincing.

I feel insulted, like how dumb do these people think we are? :mad::mad::mad:
I has agreed with you, Adelon. I don't like people who lied by telling everyone that Nindendo and gives false info on the games like I had seen that with movies and TV shows before.

I believe UK guy who was the one who making up this thing up and lied about Super Pokemon thing is fake to credit for it. I believe Super Pokemon person was trying to give correct info for gen 8,because the UK guy giving out false info. UK guy winds up being a baby about it and tried to tell everybody that he was the one who is telling the truth.

This is pretty random, but it has to do with leaks. Which do you find more annoying, leakers who get debunked then try to defend themselves by saying they "misinterpreted" a certain part of the leak, or that they didn't know about the part that debunked the entire leak. Or do you find the leakers who are debunked, then drop off the face of the earth so they don't face any backlash more annoying? Why?

Definitely the first one-at least the latter doesn't keep trying to lie.
It's kinda shameful seeing them trying to save face by saying things like "other people added fake info" or "my account was hacked". It makes you facepalm, unlike the others, were you just move on, without seeing embarrasing displays.

This is pretty random, but it has to do with leaks. Which do you find more annoying, leakers who get debunked then try to defend themselves by saying they "misinterpreted" a certain part of the leak, or that they didn't know about the part that debunked the entire leak. Or do you find the leakers who are debunked, then drop off the face of the earth so they don't face any backlash more annoying? Why?
I think every leak, real or fake, is doing a service to the community by providing fodder for entertainment, amusement, thought and speculation... but it's definitely way more honorable if they bow out when caught. They got their fifteen minutes of fame, there's no point in trying to prolong it. Just go write another fake anonymous leak instead of desperately trying to convince anyone that it's real.

The truth is: I don't care for rumors that much,because I thought they are mostly theories and people should tell people that the their theories for gen 8 than telling them that "leaks". I do like theories and I can find theories are very interesting (like tv show, movies, and videogame). But People should tell them that their ideas than lie to them that it came from sources. That's main reasons that is why I don't like rumors that much.

At least Game Freak is surprising us with a new pokemon that didn't mention in any rumors (like BBC did with the 13th Doctor). That is good thing.

Last edited:
It referring to Ho-Oh becomes a Pure-Flying when it "evolves" into "Super Pokemon".
I thought you were taking the triple-type interpretation?

If we interpret that leak to mean "Pokemon change to one type", then that's even worse. Ho-Oh would just lose Fire-type STAB. Muk would lose its Poison STAB in favor of Ghost, which it only learns five moves of. (And four of those are by breeding) Weavile's only Psychic moves are status moves, so it'd be losing all attacking power there, too. (I know it mentions learning new moves, too, but just four moves for a whole new type?)

And if it's just an imagining of the Pokemon with a new type-why not do regional variants? That's literally the exact same concept (old Pokemon, new design and type), but with the added benefit of having a new movepool and abilities to match the new type.

(n)(n)
I thought you were taking the triple-type interpretation?

If we interpret that leak to mean "Pokemon change to one type", then that's even worse. Ho-Oh would just lose Fire-type STAB. Muk would lose its Poison STAB in favor of Ghost, which it only learns five moves of. (And four of those are by breeding) Weavile's only Psychic moves are status moves, so it'd be losing all attacking power there, too.

And if it's just an imagining of the Pokemon with a new type-why not do regional variants? That's literally the exact same concept (old Pokemon, new design and type), but with the added benefit of having a new movepool and abilities to match the new type.
Maybe I was referring to that.(n) I would see that if their type gets change and get new set of moves, because I also heard that they has mentioned in the rumor.

Looking again, the whole list really reeks of a fan wishlist and wanting some things to make "sense." XD

Pikachu is in the Fairy egg group- so let's make it Fairy.
Tauros has metal horns so clearly it should be Steel.
Hitmonlee looks "evil-ish" so let's make it Dark.
Kabutops probably doesn't look like a water creature to them, so let's make it Ground.
Snorlax is a well-known defender, so let's switch that up and make it Fighting instead. (Pretty sure a type change would not make Snorlax a powerful attacker.)
Weavile probably looks like a Psychic-type to them because of its gem.
Zangoose is white, so obviously it should be Ice.
Flygon looks like a bug so clearly it should be Bug. (can't really blame them on this one)
Ho-oh... either because SpaceWorld or because Ho-oh's design isn't that "fiery."
And Lugia is associated with Water so clearly it should be Water-type.

I don't know why Muk would be Ghost and Lapras being a Dragon makes about as much sense as anything else, but yeah... this looks like a fan wishlist based on looks and not anything sensible like would this make a lick of sense competitively? Most of the type changes suffer and only fit the design- there's really nothing Super about this list.

The other lists added on look just as bad in the "makes sense design-wise, makes no sense competitively."

Think GF will try to pull off a game close to this level?

I'm not getting my hopes up, Level-5 has more than double Game Freak's staff, that being 300 to their 143, so Level-5 would probably have a lot more man power to help make Yokai-Watch look as good as it does.

Not to mention Game Freak seems kinda divided at the moment, what's with Let's Go! being worked on currently and a new game they're developing called Town, which they are publishing next year, seeing as Nintendo isn't the publisher, I thought it'd be a pretty small project like some of the other stuff they've done besides Pokémon, but…it doesn't seem like that at all.

I really hope Triple-types aren't a thing, fusion-types could work, but adding a third-typing will definitely bring up unneeded confusion and make competitive battles even slower. The slowness is why I don't watch competitive battles in the first place. I know they are deciding which moves are best chosen for that particular situation, but in my opinion, competitive battles are boring to watch.

I really hope Triple-types aren't a thing, fusion-types could work, but adding a third-typing will definitely bring up unneeded confusion and make competitive battles even slower. The slowness is why I don't watch competitive battles in the first place. I know they are deciding which moves are best chosen for that particular situation, but in my opinion, competitive battles are boring to watch.
I don't know about fusion types, but you're right that triple types would screw the game. Aside from the obvious problems with type matchups, just imagine getting hit by a 8x super effective move.

Looking again, the whole list really reeks of a fan wishlist and wanting some things to make "sense." XD

Pikachu is in the Fairy egg group- so let's make it Fairy.
Tauros has metal horns so clearly it should be Steel.
Hitmonlee looks "evil-ish" so let's make it Dark.
Kabutops probably doesn't look like a water creature to them, so let's make it Ground.
Snorlax is a well-known defender, so let's switch that up and make it Fighting instead. (Pretty sure a type change would not make Snorlax a powerful attacker.)
Weavile probably looks like a Psychic-type to them because of its gem.
Zangoose is white, so obviously it should be Ice.
Flygon looks like a bug so clearly it should be Bug. (can't really blame them on this one)
Ho-oh... either because SpaceWorld or because Ho-oh's design isn't that "fiery."
And Lugia is associated with Water so clearly it should be Water-type.

I don't know why Muk would be Ghost and Lapras being a Dragon makes about as much sense as anything else, but yeah... this looks like a fan wishlist based on looks and not anything sensible like would this make a lick of sense competitively? Most of the type changes suffer and only fit the design- there's really nothing Super about this list.

The other lists added on look just as bad in the "makes sense design-wise, makes no sense competitively."
That's why I found that part of that rumor's very interesting. Well, Lapas was on the Lochess monster. Sometime they referred them as sea dragons in some European culture like Norse mythology and Scottish folklore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom