• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about fusion types, but you're right that triple types would screw the game. Aside from the obvious problems with type matchups, just imagine getting hit by a 8x super effective move.
Maybe They are going to introduce fusion in the 22nd movie. It could be possible that Meltan can fuse with Mewtwo. I could see they will become Metal-Mewtwo that looks similar to Armored Mewtwo and more like Shadow Mewtwo. I thought it would be cool. XD

Well, the fusion ship has technically already sailed with the Gen V and VII sequels...but there is no way they’re demoting my precious Meltan to being a piece of Mewtwo armor.

I'd prefer if it remains exclusive to them. It makes sense for the Kyurem and Necrozma due to their storylines, but random Pokémon fusing with each other as a part of a fully fledged mechanic is a bit too much imo.

It should remain exclusive to Necrozma and Kyurem.

I'd prefer if it remains exclusive to them. It makes sense for the Kyurem and Necrozma due to their storylines, but random Pokémon fusing with each other as a part of a fully fledged mechanic is a bit too much imo.

It should remain exclusive to Necrozma and Kyurem.
I for one would like to see stuff like that. Have you ever seen the fan art for pokemon fusions? Those could be great.

I for one would like to see stuff like that. Have you ever seen the fan art for pokemon fusions? Those could be great.

Fan-art expectations should never be used to want a certain feature/Pokémon- just look at fanarts for Litten evolutions and compare them to Incineroar, Fusions are a concept that can turn out to be disastrous design-wise too.

Random Pokémon fusing isn’t a concept I like. Kyurem and Necrozma are exceptions since their entire storyline revolves around fusion.

Fan-art expectations should never be used to want a certain feature/Pokémon- just look at fanarts for Litten evolutions and compare them to Incineroar, Fusions are a concept that can turn out to be disastrous design-wise too.

Random Pokémon fusing isn’t a concept I like. Kyurem and Necrozma are exceptions since their entire storyline revolves around fusion.
It really isn't that hard to make cool looking fusions, especially if you put together the right pokemon. And honestly, if three pokemon already have a fusion trait of sorts, why limit it to just legendaries?

It really isn't that hard to make cool looking fusions, especially if you put together the right pokemon.

People said the same about regional variants but a lot of them turned out to be memes.

I don’t think it makes sense when the previously introduced Pokémon which previously were not related suddenly begin to fuse, and restricting the fusion mechanic to newer non-Legendaries would feel strange.

I guess it’s an unpopular opinion but I don’t like the concept of Pokémon fusion when they are not designed with that kept in mind.

People said the same about regional variants but a lot of them turned out to be memes.

I don’t think it makes sense when the previously introduced Pokémon which previously were not related suddenly begin to fuse, and restricting the fusion mechanic to newer non-Legendaries would feel strange.

I guess it’s an unpopular opinion but I don’t like the concept of Pokémon fusion when they are not designed with that kept in mind.
There's also the fact that while some fusions look cool, others would look... awkward. Just like this dude here
I+love+how+the+doduo+head+looks+like+it+s+contemplating+ d9f2cabedf719ef65522dc57d8348a7e.png

The fusion mechanic would be awesome to see, something like Shedinja and Ninjask fusing to create an armored Ninjask of sorts would be cool. However, the one that would be implemented will only be for a select group of Pokemon, much like Alola forms.

Well, I was thinking more in the vein of fusions rather than a full-on breeding system. Like, if we wanted a Charizard/Typhlosion fusion to be included in the games, why couldn't we take that same design and have it be the offspring of a Charizard and Typhlosion bred together?

I don't like the idea of crossbreeding, it feels like it would make breeding as a whole a lot harder, the idea of breeding is to get a Pokemon of the same species without needing to catch another one in the wild. If crossbreeding would exist, it would make the only way of obtaining a second being caught in the wild. I'm fine with just fusing pre-existing Pokemon together, thank you very much.

I don't like the idea of crossbreeding, it feels like it would make breeding as a whole a lot harder, the idea of breeding is to get a Pokemon of the same species without needing to catch another one in the wild. If crossbreeding would exist, it would make the only way of obtaining a second being caught in the wild. I'm fine with just fusing pre-existing Pokemon together, thank you very much.
Just imagine, you get a Lucarion and Zoroark, and have them breed an egg. Out comes a new version of Riolu that's Dark/Fighting, and looks like a mix of Riolu and Zorua

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom